Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Praise and Positivity For The J, the S, and the S.

Discussion in 'Episode 602 - JSS' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

2. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Im glad that Alexandria learned from their mistake with the quarry last episode and built fortrifications around the wolves and Ron and Enid (who are totally with the Wolves and honked that horn) and decided to burn them.

3. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I'm glad that Queen Bitch Carol stayed behind at ASZ because now those wolves are ****ed.

4. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

I'm not sure if it's just because of the 'live' factor for me or what, but oh my damn was Carol epic.

I caught up and started watching live early in season 3. I found here late that season and continued to lurk like and idot. I am not a comic guy (as my profile notes) but I can see why Kirkman sees Carol as unkillable.

She is so ****ing epic. Damn.

Which of course means she will meet Lucille and everyone will be pissed. *shrug*

All I can say is that this was one of the best and most fun episodes of TV I have watched in my life.

5. Dyson

Dyson Member

Great episode. I thought Carol's disguise was actually the Jesus introduction for a sec. Its surprising that Holly died she was a pretty major comic character to go out like that. I felt pretty bad for Aaron when he found those photos.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I usually wait to give my praise and positivity thoughts a day or two after the original airing, time to watch a second time. But this episode was so damn perfect I just have to shout with joy.

My hats off to you Jennifer Lynch - first off!

And while Carol was AMAZING so was every other character tonight.

I loved the moment that Aaron realizes the wolves found Alexandria due to his lost bag from the cannery attack. That close up of his realization was beautifully shot and Ross Marquands take on how to express that was a great moment for him.

I really enjoyed the Enid opening and Katelyn did a great job. Agree with Kevin Smith (Talking Dead moment) that she did something that must prove to be quite difficult - to act in a scene where you have no one else to share dialogue with. The burden of being believable was solely on her shoulders. Kudos young person, kudos.

7. Mello

Mello Member

I really like the Anti-Smoking signal with the brutal death of the smoker.

Smoking will kill you. :)

8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I like that Jessie got to get some killing action - she could easily be a weakling with her background and try to cling to Rick, but she's turning out to be a stronger character. I hope she

9. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

As I started to type out my various positives, I realized that they all fell under one umbrella: character development.

I'm really liking Jessie: more than most Alexandrians, she has adapted to the new reality. I thought Alexandra Breckinridge did a wonderful job with the "I find your presence in my home to be unacceptable, and have chosen to deal with it using scissors" scene. She had held it together for so long and finally let it out.

This was also the most I've liked Carl since Season 1. I know he gets a lot of hate, which I've never really understood (he's a kid in the zombie apocalypse and oh by the way, had to shoot his mother); I hope that changes after tonight. His calm and resolve was so impressive, as was winging that running Wolf.

Eugene's "Don't be a coward" was one of the most succinct and poignant character moments I've seen.

And if Melissa McBride doesn't get an Emmy nomination, I will issue the largest "Harumph!" that I've given in quite some time. That final scene as she sat on the porch, pulling out a cigarette with trembling hands and trying to hold back the tears as she scrubbed at the "W" she had so smartly applied--that just blew me away.

There's a lot of discussion around whether or not a peaceful person can survive in this world, but it so often goes to the resulting risk to others. Morgan letting the Wolves survive was a great example. You could argue that holding fast to the principles of peace and compassion is selfish: being complicit in others' deaths b/c you put your ideals above the welfare of others.

I also thought it was beautifully shot: the angle from which we saw blood dripping and pooling; Carol and Morgan walking in separate directions w/ the barest of nods to each other; the many groups scenes, with quick-cuts to others' reactions.

Just a lot to admire about this episode.

10. Coreenfw

Coreenfw Member

WalkingBuckeye..... Dittoes, so true. Each point.

11. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

This is going to sound morbid, but I like the episodes where we're reminded that humans are more dangerous than walkers, and I like how scary the Wolves are -- swinging axes and butcher knives around, the dude who was gleefully painting a W on his face with blood, that one who attacked Morgan ("Quick or slow? Gonna be slow"). Holy crap, they are crazy. I'm curious to find out more about them, but then again, maybe it's creepier to leave them as a bit of a mystery.

12. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

I loved the scene where Morgan was just finishing tieing up the Wolf hat had tried to kill Gabe, Gabe asks who taught him to do what he just did. Morgan says, "A cheese maker". Then, the Wolf begins rambling about 'freeing them', when Carol walks up, doesn't say a word, and shoots the SOB in the head, thus freeing 'him'.

Thought it was funny, too, how the Wolf that Carol killed to get her disguise was named 'Aphid'.

13. Dyson

Dyson Member

I like how they handle Carols bad ass moments. Her character is very smart in using these disguises. She does a hell of a lot of damage and they don't even know she's doing it until its too late.

Its a bummer Morgan let those 5 go though. Undoubtedly they will be back with their Haulers full of walkers and that gun the guy picked will be used kill someone important

#13 Dyson, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  14. sam12six

sam12six Member

I thought the best moment was that "OH, SHIT!!!" scene where the dude rushes into the armory after his buddy, sees Carol standing there with a rifle and desperately backpedals. It's the only time I can remember this show making me laugh out loud (unless I was laughing AT the show).

15. sheryden

sheryden Member

My favorite things about the episode:

1. Carol
    2. The introduction of Denise
    3. Carol
    4. Eugene and Tara interaction
    5. Carol
    6. Spencer and Deanna getting their eyes opened
    7. Carol
    8. Enid's backstory
    9. Carol
    10. Jessie showing some spunk

16. batongal

batongal Active Member

Carol finally letting her guard down and crying. What a great moment to see someone letting all that out. Also her reaction when she see's the kids letter "A" realizing she was pretty harsh on him.
    Carl being a bad azz protecting his sister. How Ron wimped away tail between his legs when Carl saved him.

Almost forgot the fact that Rick or Daryl weren't even in the episode and it was a great one!

#16 batongal, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  17. walkon

walkon Active Member

I loved the shell shocked faces of Deanna and Spencer. . . maybe now they get what Rick is trying to tell them.
    I loved the way Carol saved Ricks kids. . .again. You were wrong about Carol, Rick, and humble enough to admit it.
    I loved the way Sam is attracted to Carol and how Carol tries her best to train him up to reality and not get emotionally involved. . She's trying so hard not to get her feelings involved with him. .
    I love the way Sam branded Carol with his "A" before he left. Carol is his friend no matter how hard she tries not to be.
    I love the way Carol and Enid both have decided to be a victor rather than a victim. That takes courage.
    I love the way Eugene and Gabe realized that courage is a virtue worth having.

18. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

The character development and action were excellent this episode. This may shape up to be the best season yet if this keeps up.

I also loved scene right when the raid started. The calm quiet of Carol watching that woman smoke than --- BAM!! WTF?!

19. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

I already knew this was going to be myfavourite season before it started. I wasnt the biggest fan of the second half of season five until the last few (last 2) episodes. I knew this season was going to make up for that. Carol was awesome, this was one of the best written, directed and acted episodes and what others are saying about character development, I agree 100%. awesome.

20. sheryden

sheryden Member

I also love that they made Denise a psychiatrist. She'll have her hands full with Rick's group. Or even just Rick.