Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Praise and Positivity For The J, the S, and the S.

Discussion in 'Episode 602 - JSS' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 12, 2015.

1. CorpseKiller

CorpseKiller Member

I like that Deanna finally understands what the world has become. She sees now that Walkers are not the only danger outside of her walls. She basically tells Maggie that Rick's group is right, they know how to truly survive while the ASZ residents only know how to hide.

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

This episode garnered Carol/Melissa a lot of love and rightly so. While her character is conceived by and written by other people, she is the heart and soul of the character. With that said I do want to give a bit of praise and positive love to the person/s who chose to offer into our celluloid world a character persona that is often times lacking in said universe - a strong, thinking, caring woman over the age of 40 who without a doubt kicks more ass than many of her male counterparts on any given network/cable channel. Kudos to the mind/s that trusted their audience enough that such an atypical character would be loved and believed in by so many fans!

3. lis5112

lis5112 Well-Known Member

Yes, this. He acted that scene so well. The look on his face, all the emotions, damn near broke my heart!

Yes! She went completely mamma bear, protecting her kids at any/all costs and I LOVED it! And on your spoiler tag ...me too!

I laughed out load because the look on Morgan's face was friggin' priceless!

4. Walker Caravan

I liked that one wolf I think Morgan was fighting that acted just like a dog in that when Morgan kinda turned around he rushed in and when he faced him he kinda pulled off the attack just like I've seen dogs do. And then when the wolf that met Morg before did that sound you do when calling a dog lol... and then Morg kinda charges at them and they run off. Felt doggyish to me.

5. calliope

calliope Active Member

How Ron wimped away tail between his legs when Carl saved him.

You may be right, but I think Ron was reliving Rick shooting his father on the ground when he saw Carl shooting the wolf. Building for future conflict perhaps?

6. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the end scene when Morgan and Carol meet on the street- they pass each other without a word and each go down their "opposite paths." I'm a sucker for symbolism. It reminded me a lot of 18 Miles Out, using the crossroad with Rick and Shane.

7. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Listening to Carol and standing like a mailbox outside is what killed her. If she was still in her house the Wolf might not have found her.

8. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Gale Anne Hurd, Exec. Producer: 'Sarah Connor', "Terminator" movies; 'Ripley', "Alien" movies.

9. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I loved this episode, pretty much the whole thing.

Jessie's stepping up to the plate was the best part for me. No one's going to come in to her house and mess with her family!

I've never really liked Carl very much, but in this episode he really stood out. He has kept his humanity, not just killing the wounded guy, but then "doing what he had to do" when he had to, and returning to protect Judith. He also offered to protect Ron, even though he must hate the kid as a rival for Enid. And the scene at the end when he took the lasagna out of the oven? Great!

If it wasn't for Morgan in it, it would have been pretty much the perfect episode.

10. Cassie_Crow

Cassie_Crow New Member

I think that the thing I love about this show is that it just keeps GETTING BETTER. The characters, the tangled web of morals, the underlying story of what people do and who they become without "civilized society" it is just a beautiful notion. I think that as we see them grow we will see them kind of find that balance between holding up their morals (being WHO THEY ARE as they say so often) and embracing the necessary brutality. I think Glenn is probably doing the best job of this right now with his forgiveness of Nick and his endless ability to do what must be done. There is just a way to this world where you have to do what you have to do or you will pay for the decisions you make and unfortunately I think everyone else is going to be paying for Morgan's screw up in the near future.

11. John208

John208 New Member

Like the back story

Much better than the season premiere. I like the back story at the beginning of the episode (in fact I like all the backstories and wish they did more -- similar to Michonne's)

12. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

I finally watched it today. I really liked it. Our Queen was in full beast mode.

13. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

One very small detail I enjoyed was the walker with a terrible vertical gash on his head, as if he had been hit with a machete that missed the brain by only a millimeter. It made me curious about that walker's back story, an unusual reaction.

14. ravenfire

ravenfire New Member

I really liked Enid's back story. Very well done when you think about how few scenes they used to describe and connect us with that character.

I also enjoyed Carol's disguise. I wouldn't have thought to do something like that but it worked wonderfully.

15. UndeadImmortal2

UndeadImmortal2 New Member

I've just gotten through rewatchng all the first five seasons last night. I followed that up with the premier of season 6 and then watched JSS this morning. And what an amazing episode to end my marathon on!
    I'm really impressed with the start of S6, it's managed to ramp up the action and peril to amazing levels while still retaining and building upon all the excellent character development, complex drama, layered themes and disturbing moral dilemmas that made seasons 4 and 5 so special. This series really does get better and better.
    And my hat's off to Melissa McBride. With this episode she's gone from being one of my favourite characters / performers on the show, to being quite likely my very favourite character / performer on any show. So much talent.

16. Charmander

Charmander Member

Carol-centric episodes are always amazing. I'd been looking forward to seeing the reaction from the Alexandrians when they figured that she isn't what she pretends to be.

I liked getting Enid's backstory as well. I hope she comes back.

Props to Jessie and Deanna in this episode too!

17. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Looks like we have some new folks to enrich our already superlative group. Welcome, [MENTION=94321]John208[/MENTION], [MENTION=94952]ravenfire[/MENTION], and [MENTION=89031]UndeadImmortal2[/MENTION]! Hope you enjoy the forum as much as I do.

This isn't really praise but it certainly isn't criticism; I wasn't sure where to put it. The synopsis for this episode reads:

When it appears that things are starting to normalize in the settlement, a new problem arises for the Alexandrians.

And I crack up, because 1. I must have missed the part where things were starting to normalize (maybe it was that 10-minute gap where Carol had a cup of coffee off-screen); and 2. well of course a new problem arises. This is TWD; did we really think anything else would happen? I guess they couldn't really say, "As part of the group leads a massive Walker Parade, a bunch of homicidal maniacs start hacking people to death back in the settlement."

18. Berry

Berry Member

The director is master of timing.

I loved the pantry-scene at the beginning. Carol had a real sweet demeanor/smile going on.. not that fake thing she's been carrying around town. Me thinks she has finally made some friends and is feeling accepted and is enjoying herself.. even though it is all a made up fairy tale.. there is still pleasure in the acting and telling. Pretend like you're happy long enough, and you may just become so.

A zombie apocalypse is a lot of WORK and drudgery. I'm sure it was nice to have a 2-3 week vacation. She was well-rested for the onslaught.

19. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

Please forgive me, due to some family issues I didn't see JSS until last night. I've sadly had to avoid this forum until then lol.. Anyways, this was a great episode. I felt it was better than the premiere. Damn Death Carol just kicks ass and takes names like no other. I was kinda worried that her "innocent housewife" kind of act was blown, but I think the only ones left who saw her true self that are still alive there are Morgan and Olivia?? (Correct me if I'm mistaken!), so she may be ok. What was Carol's death count in this episode, 12 or so Wolves, that we saw? She's amazing. How genius it was for her to disguise herself that way. Now, I'm anxious to see Rick's reaction when they get back.

Oh, and I CAN'T be the only one that was thinking (kinda maybe hoping?? perhaps??) that Ron was history in this episode. Lucky little......

20. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

Carl is due to be getting some real development this season. I'd be very surprised and disappointed if this doesn't happen. I think Chandler is growing into a good actor, and he can pull off what Carl is meant to become. His comic counterpart is my favorite comic character right along with Andrea and Jesus, which says a lot. And the only way they can make him THAT Carl, is to spend some real time focusing on him this year and next.