Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Praise That Dog With Positivity!! ;)

Discussion in 'Episode 103 - The Dog' started by Neuropyramidal, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Put your praise here. Put your positivity here. Be naked here if you want.

2. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Lol, Neuro you know nobody is going to want to post here because all anybody likes to do on the internet is complain.

3. Neuropyramidal

That's not entirely true. Mormons like to speak positively online.

4. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I think Neuro should be naked here.

5. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Daniel Salazar was the only positive.

6. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I liked that one scene with the dog.

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Best line of the episode: "Good Morning Susan"

8. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Very good episode, I really enjoyed it... A couple of minor goofs but overall they are capturing the hopelessness feel.

9. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

i thought that it was the best episode yet

i like it just as much as TWD

10. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I really liked the scenes downtown when everyone is freaking out, people are turning to zombies while A-holes take the opportunity to go looting, etc. I imagine that's exactly how it would go down. The cop munching on the other cop's face was great. :p

11. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I find Daniel Salazar interesting and hope he's around for awhile. I thought him watching Maddie contemplating putting Susan down and Travis, the weenie, talking her out of it, and then saying "weak" is some foreshadowing about his mindset. I like that Travis' ex wife didn't seem as stereotypical in this episode. I really liked the scene where Chris asked Travis..dad, what was wrong with that man?...Chris seems to be the type to run towards something...the riot after the bum was shot, running to help Alicia...could be a plus or negative for his character, but he seems alert to what is happening around him and doesn't just stand there asking ..huh, what's going on... I guess that's why I liked his scene with Travis, seemed like a real and sincere question that a kid would ask. I liked Maddie's response about the fresh grave to the military guy, quick thinking by Mama Bear.

12. Lian

Lian Member

Too bad the dog didn't make it.
    It could be a good 'Guard'.
    :zombies_neutral:

13. Neuropyramidal

I showed up naked around 3 a.m but the place was empty and it smelled like someone had just eaten head cheese so I left.

14. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

This episode was good. Although, I wish Nick would change his pukie old man clothes. I'm really liking the Salazar family. I'm wondering if Griselda will be the first to go. So far we have an interesting mix of people. I'm happy they seem to be teaming Liza and Maddie allies, instead of making them hate each other. Usually shows tend to portray the ex/new wife as bitter enemies leading up to a catfish to that ends in a pool. The military presence is freaky. I can't wait till next week to see how that goes. I'm thinking that they're basically under house arrest and maybe this is leading to them escaping from the city in the finale?

ETA: I'm naked.

15. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

That dog was positively eaten.

16. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Next time:

[​IMG]

17. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Good Doggie.

And they call it Marshall Law.
    Daniel has been there and thats why he commented that it is already too late!!

18. Hope the Savior

I was a bit disappointed that the riot and hospital scenes were so short, but I still enjoyed the episode. As [MENTION=9132]mtito914[/MENTION] and [MENTION=41032]and138[/MENTION] mentioned, respectively, the show is really portraying the hopelessness of the situation and the ease with which society fell. I wanted more from the riot scene, but I definitely believe it accurately depicted how lawlessness and chaos created and concealed the rising number of zombies.

I especially liked the varied character reactions to the situation/the infected, as frustrating as the reactions were at times. It’s realistic that some people will instantly adapt to the situation; that others will waver and sometimes falter; and that some will struggle and ultimately fail because they refuse to accept the realities of the situation. Furthermore, the varied reactions are slowly and subtly providing us with additional insight about our characters and are forecasting the potential struggles each character may have to face.

I’m also really enjoying FTWD’s musical choices/score, which I think really supplement their respective scenes. The scene where the Manawa-Ortiz and Salazar families observed the citywide power outages was hauntingly beautiful and really drove home that sense of despondency.

That last moment where the serviceman spray-painted the X-mark on the house was a great final touch. That scene instantly evoked Katrina memories. The military’s arrival is bringing nothing more than false senses of hope and security, which will unfortunately further convince survivors that this situation will eventually end and normal life will be restored. Oh, if only they knew…those poor people.

As soon as the dog appeared, scratching on the glass door, I knew he was a goner. I kept hoping he wouldn't be one, but I knew. I've always been curious to see, though, if any survivors successfully trained their dogs to become early warning/alert systems for zombies.

19. JT Rocks

JT Rocks New Member

Better than 1 & 2, but still something about it just didn't feel right. The only true star of the episode was zombie Susan <3 I laughed everytime she was on screen :Grin:

20. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

I'm still down on the series. This episode was a little better I think because of lowered expectations.
    Negatives
    apocalyptic monopoly
    not closing doors
    labyrinth right next door
    leaving the bullets
    military looking for dead not questioning a six foot grave
    shot gun able to blow off a head and not break the glass door
    whining about the gun that saved your life and probably others.
    Patrick arrives like it was nothing more than a traffic jam
    not getting out at dawn...

Positives
    Daniel Salazar
    Susan decaying looked great
    Maddie can really lie
    Maddie scene with Susan
    (I care more about Susan and Patrick than anyone)
    Nick calling them dead