Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Praise That Dog With Positivity!! ;)

Discussion in 'Episode 103 - The Dog' started by Neuropyramidal, Sep 11, 2015.

1. mistymage

mistymage Member

I liked the fact that Mrs. Salazar's first names is Griselda.. seems like a nod back to TWD and the girl walker Lizzie was playing keep-away with..

2. Lian

Lian Member

Did we see what they painted on the house ?
    (besides the big X)
    I'm curious to that !

3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

fema house marking

#23 EZD, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  4. Hope the Savior

He was spray-painting the Urban Search & Rescue’s (USAR or US&R) FEMA Marking/Assessment System on the house. Whenever a US&R team enters a structure, they write a slash to signify an ongoing search or assessment. When the team exits the structure, they cross the initial slash with another to denote the search’s completion, thereby creating an “X” mark. The rescue team specifies the results of their search, via shorthand, inside the “X” mark’s quadrants. The team that performed the assessment identifies itself in the left quadrant, writes the time and/or date the search/rescue was completed in the top quadrant, lists the number of live victims and/or corpses in the bottom quadrant, and details any found hazards in the right quadrant.

The episode finished before he completed the symbol, but we saw an “X” mark and the letter “C” in the left quadrant, both of which imply that he was indicating the results of the completed search. Since he was writing a “C” in the left quadrant, he was most likely with the California National Guard and would have indicated this via a “CA” abbreviation or the like.

It would have been really cool, though, to see how rescue teams indicate zombie biohazards and how such hazards would have been listed in the victim/corpses quadrant. I mean, how does one denote animated, mobile corpses? Does FEMA have symbols for that?

5. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I sure hope so!

Happy Holidays too!

6. Hope the Savior

I wonder what the symbols for zombie and “infected” biohazard(s) would be. I guess, in the right quadrant, one could write I or I[SUB]f[/SUB] for “infected” and, in the bottom quadrant, # - ADB or # - AC for the number of “animated dead bodies” or “animated corpses.”

So I guess it would look like this:
    [​IMG]

Are you wishing me “shana tova u’metukah/שָׁנָה טוֹבָה וּמְתוּקָה”? Why, thank you. (But how did you know?)

7. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Other posts.

And when you know,you just know.

8. Lian

Lian Member

Hmm, didn't even know that something like that existed officially...
    (seen x in more movies, but always thought they made that up as a 'nice' detail.

9. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

I want the t shirt

10. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

I am overall down on the show, way down. But here is my positivity humble though it may be.

Daniel Salazar
    The Maddie/Susan backstory and fence scene
    Susan/Patrick scene
    Hooded figure Chris saw
    Unit 13 water hording cop
    The plane
    Nick saying they were dead and the fact he is the only one who has seen that up close.
    Tobias
    Tobias again
    Travis's truck and the blood washing. Don't want to pick up your son in a blood splattered truck

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Griselda Gunserson was the name of the doll Mika found. But yeah, I think it's interesting she has that name.

12. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

13. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

Not the only thing, but I like Daniel - he has a very healthy negative view on things

I liked that scene at the hospital and how those different people see the same thing and come to totally different conclusions -like when the military arrived and Travis is reliefed, while Daniel is even more worried. Or Madison wants to kill her neighbour Susan, because she thinks, Susan can't helped and Travis still thinks, Susan is only sick.
    Coming to think of it: Travis is a little too optimistic for my taste