Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Predictions

Discussion in 'Volume 17: Something To Fear' started by Matt, May 31, 2012.

1. Matt

Matt Member

I posted this on another forum so I'd figure I'd share it here as well:

In Issue 99, we mostly just see the community preparing for the upcoming attack, getting what little ammunition they have all set and ready, families locking their doors, setting up makeshift lookout posts, etc. Rick has Carl hide with Glenn, Maggie, and Sophia. The issue ends with -of course - the Saviors finally arriving.

In Issue 100, they are quickly able to overpower the defense of Rick's group and get inside the community. They kill Eugene, Nicholas, Spencer, Olivia, Eric, Rosita, Holly, and most of the other Alexandria citizens. Only Father Gabriel, Heath, and Aaron survive, all three making it into the woods.

Glenn attempts to move Maggie, Sophia, and Carl out of the house and towards the woods, covering them from behind, but he is shot in the head. Maggie is paralyzed with shock and fear and stays at Glenn's side until she herself is shot in the head. Carl and Sophia make it into the woods.

Rick, Andrea, and Michonne manage to kill every visible Savior. Rick and Andrea scan one area while Michonne goes off to scan another. Michonne comes across Nicholas's dead body and sees a pistol in his hand.

Rick and Andrea hear a child's scream and see Dwight in the distance, pressing his crossbow against Carl's head. Carl, in hysterics, claims that they killed Sophia while he and her were running. Dwight makes a deal to Rick : he'll spare Carl's life if Rick shoots Andrea. He does, but then Dwight reveals that he was lying about the deal. As he's about to use the crossbow on Carl, he's shot by someone in the distance, who reveals themself to be Michonne, slowly bleeding to death from having an arrow lodged in her hip.

#1 Matt, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  2. Rammstein

Rammstein Member

Interesting, I see it and could work as TWD comic, but I guess comic 100 will have something even bigger for the ending...
    Btw how do you think this can be made to the series? If they want to keep Daryl for the saviors it would be likely for him to leave with his brother in S3 and return as a savior in S8 o S9 maybe (if the show goes that far)

3. Matt

Matt Member

You're right, it probably will be bigger than that! lol. This was just a little theory I cooked up and wanted to hear some responses for.

Anyway, if they manage to get that far into the show, I'm not exactly sure Merle will still be alive (my bet is that he's killed by the Woodbury troops in S3),

4. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Your prediction on Issue #99. Carl should not hide. I actually want to see him fight alongside Rick against the saviors. He had the balls to kill Ben in the truck, I'm sure he can cap a couple of a saviors.

5. marsyao

marsyao Member

Why don't you consider the possibility that it would be Rick attack Saviors, in issue 99 he manage to find out where Saviors live and attack them in issue 100, killing most of the Saviors and their families? We already were told that the issue 100 would be the most violent and disturbing issue, that could mean Rick not only kill Saviors but also he would not even spare their women and children? And the issue 100 would be "a darkest moment in Rick's life", that means that Glenn or Maggie's deaths would not be serious enough to that point, I would be predict that either Andrea or Carl, or even both of them, would die in the issue 100. I will say Rick,Michonne and Maggie could survive the issue 100, anyone else would be a fair game.
    My another prediction is soon Carl would tell someone he killed Ben, that would not be good for Rick-Andrea relationship

6. OFC. Friendly

OFC. Friendly Member

We have not seen Paul (Jesus) in a few issues, I predict he will play a major role in the next two...now, whether he is on Rick's side or Savior's side, that will be interesting to see. I predict/would like to see:

Jesus shows up rather quickily in #99 as he will say he has been following them since they left the hilltop. He is immediately allowed in the Alexandria stronghold and they begin formulating a plan to strike the Saviors. Jesus offers to take watch in the watch tower that night - this is when he sneaks away to tell the saviors of Rick's plans and ultimately let them into the compound to wreak havoc and basically take it over. End #99.

#100: Rick has someone watching Jesus as he still does not trust him. Rick's suscpicions are confirmed and the team prepares their alternate plan to ambush teh saviors as jesus leads teh saviors to Alexandria. Battle ensues and instead of predicting exatly who dies I will say one person from each of the remaining couples will perish.....this includes Rick or Andrea.

Now, this all seems a bit over the top and i can poke holes all through it, use it for discussion if nothing else and build ideas off of it.

One final thing:

WHO IS KENNETH?

Ya know, the guy Jesus orignially said was the leader at the hilltop? He is the link between the saviors and the hilltop and i think Jesus slipped up when he mentioned that....go back and read ur comics! Kenneth may be Daryl?

7. Matt

Matt Member

I updated my idea (specifically the ending). I guess my original idea didn't quite match the 'darkest moment in Rick's life' that's supposed to happen.

8. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

I like a lot of these ideas. I just hope its not a Woodbury redux that ends w/ almost everyone dead and Rick on the run. Pretty sure I read somewhere that
    (I expected as much anyway...). So it should play out a lil different.

Definitely see Jesus getting involved. And I think the action might somehow spill over to Hilltop. All the conflicts have been mostly one on one. Itd be interesting to see how a triple threat match unfolds.

Could be Carls time. Kirkman doesnt really use foreshadowing. Everythings pretty random. But he has had Rick talking a lot about how hes always been looking out for Carl. Might be interesting to see what happens if he loses everything.

I see Glenn biting it too. Maggie survives. I predict Michonne and Andrea survive too.

9. Maca254

Maca254 Member

I predict that while Rick and co are out burning down the countryside searching for Saviors, a group of Saviors attack Alexandria in force and burn it to the ground. Among those who manage to escape the ruins of Alexandria are Andrea and Carl. And then some time either in the tail end of "Something to Fear" or in the next story arc, Andrea finds out just how Carl killed Ben...

Meanwhile, the survivors of Rick's strike team find themselves cut off by the monster of all hordes. Rick and Michonne find themselves fighting just to survive.

10. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

Youre right. Theyll probably burn the place. Its their only choice. And the easiest way to flush the group out. The saviors just got their asses handed to em. And have no idea how much firepower Alexandrias sitting on. Its the next logical move.

11. Negan

Negan Active Member

12. OFC. Friendly

OFC. Friendly Member

13. Negan

Negan Active Member

Where did you see that? That is not in the link.

14. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

The other link was for the Quitley cover. Here it is: http://comics.ign.com/articles/122/1222887p1.html You can find it on a Google image search too.

Looking at this cover again, Im wondering what if everyone except Rick dies? Although, I dont see anyone thats not already dead. I think the girl that looks like Andrea is her sister. Shes wearing the prison suit.

15. Negan

Negan Active Member

Good prediction. Heath is my favorite Alexandria-met character. Aaron my second fav. Although, I doubt Eugene will die. RK should have just killed him in this issue.

16. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

Why? You mean kill kill? Or let him die at the hands of the saviors, a la Tyreese. I thought we were gonna get a Tyreese redux.

17. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Speaking of Heath, doesn't this actor look like Heath a bit. I think this guy would have the role in Season 6.

[​IMG]

18. Negan

Negan Active Member

Just putting this out here, because I know none of you give a shit about what I put out, but:

http://www.walkingdead100.com/

Change your clock to July 11 and report back with what you find. I won't spoil anything.

Btw, this is an official site.

19. Scarry Larry

Scarry Larry Member

I like your posts bub. Thx. I like everyone here. Its good to connect w/ fellow fans of the comic.

20. Mogwai

Mogwai New Member

I'm not sure what to expect really. I think there's a few possibilities we may see. Andrea has a chance of biting the dust and I really don't want that to happen. And I also have a nagging suspicion that Sophia might be a goner, and I also really would hate to see that because I really like both of those characters. As for Glen and Maggie.. who knows? I think it's possible but unlikely, and I think that if either of them were to go then Maggie would be more likely to die then Glen. There's gonna be a war and we're going to probably see a handful of characters lost.

And even if those characters died, and even if Rick killed them each himself, I don't think that it would be darker or more brutal than seeing his wife and newborn child get blasted to death. The only character that could die and cause such a dark time for Rick would naturally be Carl. Perhaps Carl will go down? People have talked about Rick doing Carl in himself, but I do not see that happening at all. I think there's 0 chance that Rick would willfully kill Carl to save anybody or any amount of people, including himself. He might have to put down a zombie Carl which would obviously be hard to do, and that could be darker than seeing his wife and child blown away. So yeah, I think Carl dying is the only death that could have such an effect on Rick. But you know.. I don't see that happening. I think Carl is going to be safe for many issues to come.

I think Rick is going to seriously **** those Saviors up, and I think he might find out that he's already familiar with some members of the group. But man, Rick is gonna have to do something incredibly ****ed up to those people. He's gonna have to torture them and show no mercy to anybody..

OR, here's another idea I have, and I think it's very possible.

I think that things between Hilltop and the Saviors might not be entirely as they appear to Rick and the group. Perhaps Rick was right for not initially trusting Jesus, and perhaps Hilltop is using Alexandria for personal gain?

Perhaps Rick is being mislead and because of his inability to see through the tricks, a LOT of innocent people are going to lose their lives.. Maybe?