Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Preparations ?

Discussion in 'Episode 614 - Twice as Far' started by br0k3n, Mar 21, 2016.

1. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Well, to be fair, how else are they gonna be able to lookout for hostilities approaching Alexandria's walls? If they still ha a guard tower, maybe that would not be an issue anymore for Sasha, but that idea already came tumbling down.

2. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Yes a new guard tower is overdue. They have manpower - a run to an abandoned lumber yard or Ace Hardware type store - heck, tear down something fro scrap.

Doesn't take a genius to build.

[​IMG]

3. yuke

yuke Member

I agree its an unfair criticism. Its not like someone can just walk up and hit her with a Molotov where she's standing.

4. AAG331

AAG331 Member

On second thought...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...Maybe those aren't a good idea after all.

5. AAG331

AAG331 Member

I think they can build another guard tower, I'm just not sure on whether it can be as high up as the old one. Because that's what was a good thing about the guard tower, I sure you could've seen a great distance in all directions.

[​IMG]

6. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

It's just been making my skin crawl that they've gained so much experience... and they've let all this time go by and still seem blind to the inevitable. They KNOW there are bad guys out there with full auto carbines - and instead of hunting them down, they make a target out of one of their best snipers by sticking her on a wall? SMH

7. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

some of these scenes would be boring if lenghty. I do agree seeing a group training and then pan to Daryl talking to Carol would work. Some is implied other stuff is just a surprise.

8. GrrArrg

GrrArrg Member

I know they don't know everything we do but they know enough to exercise some degree of caution. If only the characters communicated with one another...

Paula's comment about them ALL being Negan was enough to question Primo's 'I'm Negan' statement.

The fact that there was another patrol coming to take Carol and Maggie and that they were 30 minutes away - why are they 30 minutes away? On a run? On patrol? At another camp or outpost?

The fact that Paula and co didn't seem to be overly concerned about loosing the Satelite station. Not their main base of operation?

Running into an ambush 20 miles out.

Daryl running into Dwight and the two woman who had escaped from Negan's camp - they were 20 miles away from Alexandria and Negan's camp must have been close to their location as they were on foot - how far is the Satelite Station from Alexandria by comparison? Does this indicate the possible existence of another camp?

Daryl, Sasha and Abraham running into the motorcycle saviors. Again what was their location? Is it close to the Satelite Station?

Also what information can Hilltop provide? Didn't they say Negan himself beat a boy to death in front of everyone? You'd think they'd be able to identify his body at the Satelite Station if Jesus was there. Maybe not right away but after getting Carol and Maggie back.

Did the guy they rescued at the Satelite station know anything? Perhaps he overheard conversations between the saviors that might confirm the existence of another camp? "Man this Satelite Station sucks - I wish I was working at the other camp." For example.

I think maybe I'm over thinking it but still, there's enough information there to raise suspicion that the Negan threat hadn't been eliminated completely. Enough to postpone runs and take a breather.

They just found a whole bunch of gear at the Satelite Station, why are they still going on runs anyway?

9. Mister_Baker

Mister_Baker Member

They didn't know that The Saviors were still alive. As far as the group was concerned, they wiped them out. So who should they have been gearing up to fight, at the start of the episode? The walker outside caught on the spear?

That would be a little much, don't you think?

10. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

They knew there were others apart from the Comm Station, because they met up with them at the kill house going after Carol & Maggie. Had they been using the stolen radios, they should have heard others reporting in.

And besides the Saviors, they now know there are several other surviving groups (Jesus said as much) besides Hilltop. After their experiences with Terminus and the Hospital they should have immediately begun preparations to encounter dangerous groups. This should be common sense.

11. Mister_Baker

Mister_Baker Member

How did they know there were others besides the Comm Station Crew, and the Backup team? Again, for all they know, that was the entirety of the Saviors. They have no reason to think there would be any more of them. We know there is because we're the audience, but our group doesn't read the comics (unless you count that one wink to the audience in S4), and they don't read that Jeffrey Dean Morgan has been cast as Negan, and has yet to appear.

The walkers were sparingly used by Paula, and Rick didn't know what channel they were using, so how could he have been listening in?

Jesus never said those other groups were dangerous, he only mentioned The Saviors. If there were other dangerous groups, don't you think he'd say something like "Oh, and there's these other guys too."?

12. yuke

yuke Member

The preparations came after their run in with Dwight. They are reacting to the Dwight incident.

13. Mister_Baker

Mister_Baker Member

I know, I was asking the guy who was wondering why they weren't preparing before that, and it was because they had no idea The Saviors were still out there.

14. tsahi

tsahi Member

I'm pretty sure I recognize the radio in that Tank. I was a radio technician for the Israeli army for many years. I believe this is an FM radio designed in the late 60's and used through the 90's. It has none of the things you mentioned. It's just an FM radio with preset channels (abuot 970 of them) based on crystals and transistors, and a vacuum bulb for amplifying. It was funny to see Rick talk through a Motorola microphone attached to it, as there is no way that microphone can be attached to this radio.

15. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

1. They took out everyone inside the Comm station - except the one who tried escaping on Daryl's bike.
    2. They discover there are more outside the station, because they take Carol & Maggie hostage to a secondary location.
    3. Still more show to that secondary location.

How do we know we got them all? Should be a question they are asking. Radios: they don't need to hunt frequencies, they've taken several radios from fresh kills. EVEN IF THEY DO assume that they got all the Saviors, after Terminus and the Hospital, and the Wolves they shouldn't need Jesus to explain to them that there are some really nasty violent people out there. Preparations are the order of the day if they want to keep surviving and have a chance at rebuilding a society.

16. Mister_Baker

Mister_Baker Member

1. The killed him too, remember?
    2. And then all those people got killed. As well as the backup team. All gone.

How would they know there's more out there?

Right, okay, so they should gear up, load all their weapons, go out and hunt down...... what exactly? Again, if they don't know there's any Saviors let, and they assume they've killed all of them, who should they be hunting down again? Some random group that may or may not be hostile, and that they don't know the location of?

#36 Mister_Baker, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  17. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

[MENTION=105401]Mister_Baker[/MENTION].

So you can escape a violent encounter with rogue law enforcement running a slave camp in a hospital, escape a group of murderous cannibals, fend off an insane gang of killers.... And be totally cool with not rebuilding a sniper tower, totally fine with no reconnaissance, for weeks or months (we're not given exact timeline) since the last incident. And all because you're convinced that you have successfully wiped out the LATEST group of brutal murderers in a string of such groups.

Mmhmm

18. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

That's the point, the Abrams uses the SINGCARS radio, what they showed in that scene bore no relationship to it or how it functions.

19. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Right, they would know there are more people out there because they interrogated the prisoner who claimed to be Negan before shooting him in the head. Wait, Rick didn't bother with finding out anything from him, such as "are there more of you?" or "we don't have much food, where do you keep your supplies, food, weapons, etc.?" Yeah.... that's the problem with Rick as a leader. He tends to react to things, not plan ahead, or even seem to see potential future needs. One would think that after several bad encounters with people he'd change, but that's not how he rolls.

20. Mister_Baker

Mister_Baker Member

Way to dodge my question there..

Anyway, I agree they should rebuild the sniper tower, this time within the ASZ walls, but other than that... what reconnaissance should they be doing? They had absolutely no idea that the Saviors are still alive before Dwight and his crew showed up. Again, do you think they should beat the hell out of Jesus until he tells them where other groups are, and then go and wipe them out? What if they weren't hostile? What if they were just suffering under the thumb of Negan as well? What if they were willing to trade as well?