Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Preview Panels

Discussion in 'Volume 22: A New Beginning' started by Tony Davis, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    THE WALKING DEAD #129
    STORY: ROBERT KIRKMAN
    ART: CHARLIE ADLARD, STEFANO GAUDIANO & CLIFF RATHBURN
    COVER: CHARLIE ADLARD & DAVE STEWART
    JULY 9
    32 PAGES/BW/M
    $2.99
    Even now, they still find new ways to dispose of the dead.

#1 Tony Davis, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  2. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Man oh man, I'm itching to know who Negan's talking to in that panel. Wonder is he's duped Magna into doing some bidding for him on the outside. Actually; I could see it possibly being one of her people. I feel like she's inherently good; but that doesn't say anything about her group. I don't trust this Kelly guy; he seems like he could be the one to stumble upon Negan and get manipulated by his charisma and half-truths. And since he's just a henchmen, being in no position of authority anywhere; he'll have to wait a while before springing him out. I think Negan could easily manipulate him; he seems like "Savior" material, plus he already has a bad attitude. Negan could play on the whole "you're just a henchman, hired muscle, led by a woman. You're expendable to her, and these people. You think they care about you? Look at all they have--you think they got it by sticking their necks out to help your kind?"

Also, it looks like Magna has definitely seen or heard something she doesn't like(possibly the betrayal of one of her own). And I think it's a pretty safe bet that the horse-drawn carriage is Rick and Carl en route to Hilltop.

3. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

All these 3 panels do is gt me riled up lol. patiently awaiting the 11th. Who is Negan talking to? I hope we see Hilltop this issue as well. May have to wait a bit though.

4. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Sounds like he's talking to himself after talking to someone, or he's talking to Rick

5. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

I definitely think Magnas gonna snoop around and find Negan.

6. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Basically, these panels are:
    Rick and Carl in Amish country.
    A random shot of magna

and Negan informing we the readers that some bad shit is about to hit the fan.

7. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Uh-oh. Damn, Kirkman just went ahead and got to it with Negan. No more bullshit with this guy.

8. JoeTzu

JoeTzu Active Member

I wonder if the walking stick is actually a repurposed Lucille?
    [​IMG]

9. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Yeah, so much for the theory he is reforming in confinement. There is no way that look and those lines are anything but sinister. But it seems whoever he is talking too has a prior relationship with him/long-term plan brewing. I am not too sure that anyone from Magna's group could have been in contact with him before, but unlikely. More probable is either an ominous warning to Rick as he is leaving, or someone on the inside has been working with him already...

Gabriel? Rosita? Olivia? Siddiq? Even Dwight could be a triple agent after all, and has been waiting for the right moment to spring the big guy. Keeping things in order until he can manage a break-out. Most likely will be out of left field, and unexpected... Maybe Sherry went all stockholm and has been Negan's double agent for a while. In any case, this will be an interesting issue, and may just answer a few questions.

10. HondaS2kXD

Nah. its the old guy's from Jurassic park. He spared no expense, and is looking to start anew with the two zombified dinosaurs Eugene talked about in 415.

11. HondaS2kXD

[​IMG]

Perhaps that's where she went that night...

12. jwcoombs

Ooh, the plot thickens, lol. I sort of like [MENTION=25242]Z-Man[/MENTION] 's idea of Sherry going all Stockholm-Syndrome and falling in love with her captor and and now she's working to free her master. Either way, if he isn't thinking aloud in that panel; he is definitely talking to someone that he has a history with, not somebody who just rolled in off the street.

13. jwcoombs

Man, don't even joke about that! For some reason, I really liked Siddiq the minute we met him in #127. I hope he's one of the good guys, and I hope we get to see/learn much more about him. I think he could b a very robust and complex character.

I remember us tossing around a neat little possible origin story for Siddiq of him being embedded in a terrorist cell here in the states and he was preparing to be activated and stage an attack when the outbreak began. Subsequently forcing him to forget the the rivalries and stigmas of the old world and join together with the people who were once his sworn "enemies"--in turn forming a whole new race of people forging a new world. No more Muslims and Christians, or rag-heads and infidels; just Survivors--this is actually very similar to a character "Saien" from "Day by Day Armageddon".

I hope he's on Rick's team, I really do. But you never know who's corruptible and who isn't in this world. Also, I've mentioned this before but the definition of the name "Siddiq" literally means "truthful" and is an Islamic term and Honorific title given to certain individuals. It is used to denoted that the person is totally trustworthy. But that worries me; because it would be very true to Kirkman's form for him to give a man a name that literally means "truthful/trustworthy" and make him the most corrupt, back-stabbing untrustworthy character ever. LOL

14. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

wait what?!?!?!

15. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

it's the 9th, [MENTION=4329]legendx66[/MENTION] might've partied too hard

16. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think Negan was just talking to the kid who hunts down more toilet paper in emergencies.

17. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Possibly, if they somehow managed to hollow out a baseball bat, and attach a cord to the inside for some reason.

18. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Whoops. Even better!

19. Kana

Kana New Member

When is it coming out?

20. Online-Don

Online-Don Well-Known Member

On Wednesday :)