Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

preview panels

Discussion in 'Volume 22: A New Beginning' started by Tony Davis, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Stuff&Thangs

Stuff&Thangs Well-Known Member

3. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Holy crap; really, what happened [MENTION=8303]Tony Davis[/MENTION] ?

I didn't think they could strip you of your knighthood? If they have, the administration here will be receiving a strongly-worded letter from me!

This aggression will not stand!

4. jwcoombs

Anyway, back to the topic of the preview panels--

Looks like Negan's giving Manga the whole story, or atleast his twisted version of the whole story. But, judging by the look on her face, and my first impression of her back in #127, I'm still holding out hope that she is inherently good, and above all smart. Even if she is a little convinced by Negan, I don't think she would be dumb enough to step on the tows of a leader running a community of this magnitude. Part me thinks she may not even buy what Negan is selling, she could be savvier than we all realized. But if she does, I hope she has the respect, and decency to confront Rick. Although, I am worried about the likes of Kelly being easily swayed, he looks like he could have been a Savior in another time, and he looks like he could be serious trouble if he wanted to be.

Also, I don't think Marco's going to make it. He may even succumb to his wounds en route to Hilltop, but his buddy will continue to carry him, unaware he has died. Then he'll turn, and take a bite out of him.

Finally, it's this last panel that excites me the most. We've been talking about this for some time now, wanting to see some new threats; one of those ones we kept coming back to was incumbent weather, and natural disasters. How awesome would a Walker-nado be, could you imagine, an EF5 tornado comes ripping through the nearby mega-herd and drops them right on top of the Hilltop? Or a flash flood that brings the dead flowing over your walls and levees? So many possibilities. And this is one very real threat, that the gang has yet to deal with, yeah we've had about two rain storms, as well as about months of snow, but it never even made the slightest difference in their lives. But I'll tell you one thing, it looks like that's all about to change, because you take that gigantic herd from #127, that we know was on it's way out of the area, until Dumb and Dumber re-attracted the damn thing and then add in the enormously evil, and foreboding bank of jet-black thunderheads that lies ahead of Rick and Carl, and you have a recipe for an undead-mega-disaster; the likes of which we've never seen!
    [MENTION=39001]HondaS2kXD[/MENTION] [MENTION=41032]and138[/MENTION] [MENTION=5424]BatmansHooker[/MENTION]

5. jwcoombs

Also, what do you guys make of the second tagline--"Something happens in this issue that might change everything..."

6. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

This! It would say a lot (or I guess a little) about her character and intelligence if she just went balls out on Rick after hearing some warped story from Negan. She would be putting her entire group in danger by coming at Rick like that.

Bringing weather catastrophes into the mix? I like the way your mind works jw lol. I specifically like the idea of walkers being carried via flood waters. Speaking of which, I will be in New Orleans on Wednesday so I'm going to have to find a good comic shop!! Surely there has to be one!

7. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Leaked images of negan and magna's group:

also, I agree with @jwcoombs. A walkernado is in the works.

8. lucille2

lucille2 Member

I imagine Rick gets stuck at Hilltop due to the weather and they let Negan out. Later Rick returns and finds ASZ headed up by Negan and Andrea is now in danger. Back to old Rick MFing Grimes.

9. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

One thing it could be is Negan being let out of his cell by Magna. Can't think of anything else it could possibly mean. A major death would seriously shake everything up, but not sure that would happen next issue. I really hope she doesn't let him go and get someone killed though. Especially the last part.

10. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

woo hoo! Crescent City Comics, 10 minutes from the French Quarter! :D

11. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

it was just a mistake when they flipped over the VIP subscriptions, it's fixed

12. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I hope that something is a tornado or big storm.

13. GriffinSTatum

GriffinSTatum Member

Maybe the herd wasn't warded off fully, and the herd ends up killing everyone in Alexandria, except for of course Negan who is behind bars. I think that would shake things up pretty nicely.

14. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that just put the "Iron" in Irony? Separating Magna's group and the remaining known survivors into smaller parties, who all have to make their way to Hilltop/Kingdom. Where Rick is all like- "OK, what the hell happened to ASZ?". Then a rescue party has to come back and save the only remaining survivor of the attack- Negan. It would shake things up considerably, and make for some A+ drama. Maybe a reformed Negan winds up saving the rescue party and helps them reach the safety of one of the other communities?

P.S. Totally grock that avatar you got going there!

15. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

My only problem with that idea is I don't want all of the main cast to die lol. Just have everyone important go on a supply mission first and we're good. :p

16. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Somehow I'm a VIP as well lol

17. jwcoombs

It could also be that the thing that will change is--The impending thunderstorm will postpone the Fair. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! LOL

18. jwcoombs

Not for nothing; but I've been under the impression the whole time that the Mega-Herd that the ASZ Cowboy-Crew drove off into the sunset; is the same exact herd that Dumb and Dumber re-attracted when they were wandering around in uncharted territory.

19. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

Not the fair, anything but that!! LOL, I can already see the tag line: After everything they've been through, nothing could possibly prepare them for there greatest challenge yet.

20. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I'll be seriously disappointed if they cancel the fair. I'm not even joking. I was looking forward to finding out what that hotel they're building will look like, and if they'll have games and music and such.

Also, in #127 Andrea said two things that were interesting about the fair: (1) that Maggie had been pushing to move it to the Hilltop; and (2) if there's another herd in the area, they'll have to cancel it entirely.