Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Prisoners

Discussion in 'Episode 811 - Dead or Alive Or' started by HonestAbe, Mar 12, 2018.

1. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I know it’s supposed to show humanity on the part of our group (Hiltop, Alexandria, Kingdom) by not killing the Savior prisoners... my only gripe with that is that this whole kickstart into the world of Negan/Saviors began because they decided to go into the satellite building and kill the Saviors (who were complete strangers at the time) in their sleep... and they were completely cool with that just based off of the word of Gregory, Jesus and the other Hilltoppers, who were all kind of sketchy themselves at the time to some degree... why now that they actually know how bad most of these guys are do they feel that sense of remorse for their lives (after killing a bunch of their men in their sleep initially)?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Sully

Sully Active Member

I get a bad feeling about the nice guy who's always talking to Maggie. I liked him at first, but I guess this show has me turning cynical. I feel like he's just playing nice and working Maggie until he gets the chance to make a move. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm preparing for him to do some real bad stuff.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

He is either going to do what you said or turn into a comic character we see after the war..

4. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think that nice guy is going to remain a nice guy (vs a bad Jared). This guy should be one of the few remaining saviours that are still there after the war and represents a group of repented saviours whose leader will be Dwight.
    It would be a 'boring repeat' if every single one of the saviours are killed off.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Yea, I'm thinking he helps Maggie at some point during the final attack. I am curious if Dwight survives to lead the saviors or if they just abandon the whole place and kill everybody who doesn't become part of one of the other comnunities. Similar to what happened with Woodbury. Either way I think Alden becomes part of the group. I imagine him staying at Hilltop and having some type of connection to Maggie.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

I was a little suspicious of Alden’s intentions when he was talking to Jesus while they were waiting outside the hilltop, but after rewatching all the prisoner scenes and the way he reacted to various situations I’m starting to think he is genuinley good. I mean, among the saviors there have to be some good guys right? I can see him helping out our guys during the final showdown and eventually joining up with Maggie, Rick and the others.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Reina

Reina Active Member

I too have struggled with deciding what is bad and justified based off the episode where they went in and put knives in people's heads while they were sleeping. You really don't know if those people were bad, good and just being held against their will, or just trying to survive by siding with what will keep them safe at the moment. Some of those may have been like Glenn and never killed before. It all goes back to what Gimple said about you may or may not like a group if you followed them from the beginning. Bad is bad and good is good in my opinion. However, I'm thinking logically based on my world without what they are dealing with. Being good can get you killed. Being bad can help you survive. That scene is the only thing I've had a hard time justifying with Rick and Co.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

There was something about the way he addressed Maggie before she shot Dean. He wasn't threatening her, he seemed genuinely concerned about what effect that action would have on her. He seemed more worried about Maggie's state of mind than he was about Dean.

9. AJ Dantley

AJ Dantley New Member

The prisoners are a waste of space, oxygen and resources. Kill em all........especially that long haired douche bag.......how is he still alive. Terrible stuff from the writers!!!

10. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

What is your favorite TV show. Serious question. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. AJ Dantley

AJ Dantley New Member

Game of Thrones most probably. Used to be this.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Thanks!

13. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure there is a GoT forum you can go join

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

My guess is 'Blue's Clue's"

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Can I just throw in what a weasel Jared was when Maggie approached the pen and he like squirmed away and sat down facing away from her to try to look invisible and unnoticeable after heckling Morgan and Henry earlier. His death scene is gonna be so sweet I hope. He’s a character that’s I love to hate but fun to watch (sort of like Simon).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Jared is just a weasel period. I don't think he's a weasel because he's been cornered by circumstances of the ZA, it's just who he is. We've all met these types in real life too, people who just enjoy being a super douche because that's all they have. I sooo wish Morgan would have just killed him at his first opportunity

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

In my brutal mindset of the post apoc in TWD, I would execute half of the Saviours when supplies run low, I would also execute 2 for the one they took out in the car.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I noticed that, and thought it was hilarious. Gregory also sort of backed up like he was scared as she approached.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Very possible, when some of the prisoners hear Negans plan to taint their weapons, they may turn against him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk