Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Prisoners

Discussion in 'Episode 302 - Sick' started by TheILLness, Oct 21, 2012.

1. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

my 2 cents on the prisoners.

i like how they hinted at the relationship between Tomas and Andrew. and that Andrew was obviously a crack head. true to the comic

it was also cool to see the group be the knowledgeable and experienced ones. and the ignorance of the prisoners.

cant give us one "you follow me" ?

im excited to see what they do with Oscar. i have a feeling the prisoners wont be completely isolated from the group.

2. Ry_Roamer

Ry_Roamer Member

They set the characters up perfectly, in such little time I was already liking Big Tiny. Axel is innocent and likeable, you could tell he was pretty much the runt of the cafeteria.

As for the "you follow me?" I'm glad we didn't hear it this episode, it would feel too rushed.

3. TheILLness

i didnt like big tiny. he strayed from the formation.

4. The Great Zombini

The Great Zombini Well-Known Member

One thing that's been bothering me about the prisoners...

It's been a while since I read the comic books, so I could be wrong.

5. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I personally don't like the changes they've made to Axel. Comic Axel wasn't a little bitch that would beg for his life. He was a burley biker that was friendly but you could tell would stand and fight. You follow me?

6. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

They haven't cleared the whole prison, so maybe they will find Axel yet. Or he is the one who was watching Carol.

7. TheILLness

Axel is the white prisoner.

8. The Great Zombini

The Great Zombini Well-Known Member

Now that you mention it, Oscar seems more like the comic book Axel.

9. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I think we need to give the guy a moment. He just found out a. there are other people alive out there. b. they are armed. c. they think nothing of chopping off legs. d. the world has ended. e. well... yeah... all of the above. Maybe after he has a moment to process he will be more like the other axel. I did get the impression he was more willing to work for the good of everyone than anyone of them there. And if he's not, well... Oscar seems to have more possibilites. I only hope he's not a serial killer. He kept talking about needing to check on his mother.... kind of a psycho vibe or just a guy in for stealing radios who's really concerned about his mother?

#9 Felicia, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  10. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

I didn't dislike Axel.
    Comic Axel was more chilled, but I really didn't dislike Axel. It was just different. I really hope we can see more of him, because I really feel he can cop with the group pretty well. So far, TV Axel has a "let's see" from me.

About the other prisioners, I loved the three who parished - all diferently. Rick did the right thing there with Thomas. He was clearly nuts. The one who escaped had it coming, pretty cruel from Rick to let him die, but that's how it is now.

I didn't dislike Big Tiny. We have to get that he didn't really live to see what the walkers could do, so he froze. That could have happened to anyone.

About the other one left... Oscar? I can't tell what's up with him now.

All 5 prisioners were all very different from each other. Thumbs up.

11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I knew I was too drunk to really catch everything that happened last night. LOL
    guess I will be watching it again tonight. (Like I need a reason...)

12. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

When the prisoners were talking about the riot that happened at the prison right when the ZA started, Big Tiny said something like "aint seen nothing like it" and then right after that, the mustached prisoner said something that I cannot make out and it's driving me nuts. I think he had the word "speed" and the word "man" in it, but I couldnt make out anything else. I rewound it several times.

does anyone remember what line I am referring to?

13. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

You gotta take into account that how the prisoners were met in the comics was vastly different than the show version aswell.

14. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

This is a bit of a spoiler for non-comic fans regarding the prisoners and what one of them did in the comic. Kirkman straight up admits that it's not happening in the TV show, which i'm not really surprised about and kinda makes it a non-spoiler at this point, but:

15. Chreees

Chreees Member

Awwwwwwwwwwwww. Balls.

16. Navygunz75

Navygunz75 Member

I posted an opinion on Tomas in another thread, so I'll be brief on him. Cheesy and glad for the sake of the series that he is no more. Nuff said.

I wanted to make a few comments on the other prisoners though. I try not to be negative or try to pick apart realistic things that I see. You have to suspend disbelief for a while to be into a show about zombies. But this episode came off pretty cheesy and unbelievable at times.

This is still a pretty good episode, strong acting by the regular cast and an overall great storyline saved it, but I didn't buy the prisoners.

These guys haven't had clean clothes, showers, haircuts or anything for 10 months. They look like actors dressed like prisoners. Hmm. They all looked too groomed and not like they've have to lock themselves in an unventilated small room full of 10 months worth of urine and shit every time they have to go. They should've had them look like they've been locked in a room for 10 months...

As far as Axel goes, it seems like the name is the only thing similar to that character in the comic. Completely different guy. And I agree with someone a "you follow me" here and there would be nice. And I don't think that would be lazy by the writers either, as that was just part of that actual character. But really, they shouldn't have made him a begging wimp.

Now that it's down to just two of them, and the ridiculous Tomas character will no longer waste my valuable viewing time, I hold hope that the prisoners that are left will be done well and hopefully not annoy, but add to the story.

#16 Navygunz75, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  17. KitchenWitch

KitchenWitch Member

Rick continues to demonstrate poor decision-making skills with the prisoners.

The smart thing to do would have been to kill them immediately.
    The other smart thing to do would be to kill the leader, interrogate the rest, then kill them.

Offering to let them make themselves at home in the prison - even in another, locked cell block - is unthinkably stupid. The group includes women and children. Rick has no way of knowing the characters of the prisoners - they could be a pack of child rapists for all he knows. He knows that they're desperate - and that's enough to make them exceedingly dangerous.

When they showed themselves unable to follow directions - that is, after clear instructions to the contrary, attacked the walkers as if they were living people - Rick should have quietly motioned for the others in his group to back away then locked the prisoners in with the zeds. It would have meant five more walkers to put down when the group got around to clearing that cell block, but it would have been the safe, smart thing to do.

Rick may claim that he's acting only for the best interests of the group, but he's still clearly conflicted - pulled between his conditioning as a member of civilization and as a survivor.