Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Project Blue Book

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by tink, Jan 4, 2019.

1. tink

tink Well-Known Member

On the History channel, starts this coming Tuesday. Little Finger plays one of the leads:

Looks kind of like an X-Files type of show? Might be good.

2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I may have to check this one out. It reminds me of that show about a government worker who gets involved in the UFO coverup. It also took place in the 60s, and hinted that John Kennedy was murdered because of the alien cover up.
    Just wish I could remember the name of the show. It was good, but didn’t last very long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 Sharpie61, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  3. Sharpie61

Found it. It was called Dark Skies
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I remember that show too!

• Like Like x 1
  5. tink

tink Well-Known Member

So did anyone watch this? It is VERY X-Filesy. Not sure about it quite yet, the premier didn't blow my mind. Claiming it's 'based on real events', and then including evil military guys and men in black isn't what I would really consider based on real events...

I'll give it a little time though.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I meant to set a DVR series recording for this one, but forgot. I'll watch the first episode soon. The promo for it caught my interest too.

7. Sharpie61

I fell asleep so I hope they run it again

8. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Shows or movies that have claims of it being a 'true story' or 'based on real events' means virtually nothing. For instance lots of horror movies try to make that claim and what often ends up being the only true part of the story is that there was infact a series of murders that happened at one time at the location the movie is supposed to take place in. Every single character in the movie is a 100 percent fictional but they can make that 'based on real events' statement because an actual documented murder happened there once.

9. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Yes, I know. But this is the History channel.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Stealth

It's a weird fit for the History Channel. At least their Vikings saga is based on history, even though it's gone off on its own tangent.

Project Bluebook isn't bad. It just isn't very compelling. I might watch one more episode but I'm just about done with giving it a shot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Agreed, this show is not very good. I absolutely HATE the wife. That bit of the story line just annoys the hell out of me.

The whole thing is just too far fetched I think. If they had just stuck to history it would have been so much better I think. They could have showed what people thought they saw then tried to explain it to show how it could have been something normal or not. This crazy conspiracy stuff just isn't doing it for me.

12. Sharpie61

I watched about 20 minutes of it, and just couldn’t get involved. Which is sad because I like shows like this

13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I haven't seen this show, but in general I think the History Channel should be ashamed of itself. Already the vast majority of the public has a dubious ability at best when it comes to critical thinking, and now a channel promoting itself as a historically accurate educational medium feeds them things like Ancient Aliens, and sensationalized fictitious accounts of Project Blue Book. It would be fine if they promoted it as Historical Fiction. The people who watch Ancient Aliens and think they are learning History are the same ones who can't understand the difference between SETI and UFOlogy, and why one is a respected search for evidence and the other isn't. Already probably 60% of our country falls into that category, do we really need to make it 80?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Stealth

It's not even presenting a history of the mythology around UFOs and leaving the audience to decide for themselves. It's going full on conspiracy theory. In the last episode they actually found an alien being kept in some sort of liquid container.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. tink

tink Well-Known Member

OK, couldn't even finish the latest episode, this show is now wiped from my DVR. Too bad, it could have been good but the crazy conspiracy show that they created just wasn't cutting it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stealth

I quit one week earlier than you, after the alien in the container episode. They're so heavyhanded with their reveals too. Even X Files took their time in unveiling the larger conspiracy. We both gave the show more of a chance than it really deserved.

• Agree Agree x 1