Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Proof Judith is alive --

Discussion in 'Episode 408 - Too Far Gone' started by MassiveDynamic, Dec 7, 2013.

1. hellobeasty

hellobeasty Member

I dunno guys... I'm not holding out a lot of hope for Judith. Who's to say she was even buckled in the first place, when the goal was to get her out as fast as possible? I think infant guts / body parts were a bit too much for television but the carrier was SATURATED with blood. If that blood belonged to someone who stopped for 2 seconds to scoop her up and run, they would have dropped dead from that torn artery 2 seconds later.

In terms of symbolism, Judith represented hope and this episode was all about destroying hope. The Gov was given the chance to start over as a husband and father, to recreate the old life whose loss drove him insane. Instead he couldn't let go of his vengeance, and sabotaged his last hope. Penny II died for it. Herschel, the moral center of the show, died for it. The prison group is now scattered in tiny parts, all weak from injury or illness. They have no food or supplies. It's looking pretty bleak. Even if Judith lives, it would be a stretch for her to survive this. This next episode is gonna be rough. Hold me )':
    ;

2. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

There would be way more blood if a zombie grabbed judith and ate here right there. he wouldn't be able to eat her whole, he would take a huge bite right in that carseat, there would be 5 times the amount of blood shown there..

3. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing...the zombie wouldn't remove her from the car seat, it would still be munching on her right there leaving lots of icky things behind.

4. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Member

very possible, i cant remember if he was bleeding when the children saved him..i hope they show a flashback on what happend (if ty rescued her)

5. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Member

hope so, the way the girls had her shaking around in that seat

6. hellobeasty

hellobeasty Member

Good point! Maybe she flew out and she's just chillin' in the prison yard somewhere :D

7. PookieSpaghetti

I like [MENTION=8175]Blueman[/MENTION] 's theory. However, I re watched the scene, and no, Ty was not bleeding when the girls saved him. His left hand was intact.
    But he may have been injured while rescuing Baby Judith. That's a possibility...

8. AndyChicago

AndyChicago Member

The problem with the blood is the amount. To much for a flesh wound or blood on hands, too little for someone who is actively bleeding. It looks like about a pint or two of soaked-in blood. That's how much is in an infant. But no guts. Not even a bloody shoe. There are very few scenarios that would explain all the puzzle pieces:
    No dead zombie nearby
    No Judith
    Lots of blood in the seat, but no guts
    An unlatched car seat

The only thing that makes sense is at one point, Dead or alive, Judith is picked up. Either before or after that, someone was injured and walked away from the seat. So either a walker got it somewhere outside the head area, or a person, not necessarily the person that picked up Judith, got seriously injured near her car seat. Could it have been used as a shield?

9. Walking Wounded

After watching how they had Daryl using a zombie for a shield against assault rifles and destroying a tank by dropping a grenade down the barrel, do you really think that they are that concerned about realism?

10. Callysta

Callysta Active Member

Good point. Imo, if AMC killed her off like that, they did it in the least creative and least offensive way possible. Two thumbs down for lacking testicular fortitude and originality. If, however, she did survive- they will likely keep people guessing for several episodes. Gimple seems like the creative type, so I'm leaning more towards the latter. Judith needs an arc.

11. Callysta

Callysta Active Member

Using a rotting corpse as a shield against automatic rounds is preposterous, but the grenade could potentially make it down the barrel and cause a sufficient explosion to disable the tank. But I agree, realism is not much of a concern for this type of show. Common sense. Also, Daryl's fangirl-puppet material is getting boring. He needs to do something to upset that demographic. Please. The easily offended types need to be made to hate Daryl and want him dead. Otherwise, he needs a gruesome death.

12. Alabama

Alabama New Member

I think the point of the Judith mystery is to:
    (a) make us all hold our breath for a while and then go "aaawwww" when we see she's ok, and
    (b) give Rick and Carl a story that doesn't involved them being tied down by a baby. Everyone who's been itching for the group to get out of the prison and give the story more excitement does not realise how hard to be on the road with a baby. You need formula, you need clean water ALL the time, and you can't guarantee she'll be silent if there are walkers around. Glenn said it once, ages ago, when the Governor was still in Woodbury...about not giving up the prison and going on the road "with a baby crying for walkers every four hours". I believe she's alive, but whoever has Judith at this point will be 100% tied to her needs and will have a terrifyingly hard job.

My hope is that Tyreese - who I think has all the kids, including Judith with him, will run into Carol, who would be the best person to help with the kids, given her "survival school" for the older kids and her role in caring for Judith. So then we get the irony and tension of Tyreese and "Karen's murderer" Carol bonding together in the toughest situation. The exact opposite of what Rick was trying to achieve when he banished Carol.

13. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Good analysis, good second post.

As far as Rick and Carl are concerned, they probably think that Judith is dead. Or, perhaps either one of them or both is/are still having hope of finding Judith alive later?

If it is the former, then they are emotionally going through the loss of Judith. And the next episode will show their emotional state. So, if Judith turns out to be alive (which I believe she is) and the show writers decide to kill Judith at a later stage (eg in finale), then Rick+Carl will have to go through this loss a second time. Perhaps by then, the show will not need to show their emotional response as this will be just a repetitive acting.

14. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

[then Rick+Carl will have to go through this loss a second time. Perhaps by then, the show will not need to show their emotional response as this will be just a repetitive acting.[/QUOTE]

Ha, ha, ha, ha -- You mean they can save some money and time by re-running the Judith grief scene? ( If she is alive and they do kill her, it probably be next season when she's reached the Terrible Two's and is attracting walker with a tantrum)

15. Callysta

Callysta Active Member

Ha, ha, ha, ha -- You mean they can save some money and time by re-running the Judith grief scene? ( If she is alive and they do kill her, it probably be next season when she's reached the Terrible Two's and is attracting walker with a tantrum)[/QUOTE]

at least that would be interesting-

16. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I've already posted about this, but how do you know how zombie body can absorb bullets? Have you ever tested one? I know how much humans bleed, so I'm expecting blood here. Zombie bodies, I'll accept anything, because I've got no experience with one.

#56 Spidey, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  17. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Yes, a zombie body rots and is in every way normal except for being alive when it should be dead. The zombie shield went against all the rules of reality on the show.

18. Lxwad

Lxwad Member

This only convinces me that he is NOT carrying Judith. If he was carrying a small almost 1 yr old human, you'd see a head or legs flopping around or something. He definitely has something but if it's supposed to be a baby that's not very realistic. Unless she was straight up and down, like her head at his chest level and her feet below his waist, but that would sure be an awkward way to hold onto a baby while running for your life.
    But I do believe she's alive.

19. Walking Wounded

I think Carol will be the one to return Judith to Rick, which will obviously be ironical since he banished her for the safety of his children.

20. Callysta

Callysta Active Member

so do i.. hopely Gimple has a penchant for irony.