Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

PROOF that Glenn survived! :D

Discussion in 'Episode 603 - Thank You' started by kennyisalive94, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

I watched it 10 times frame by frame and man I don't see what you see.

2. tink

tink Well-Known Member

If anything I think the dumpster is actually being pushed forward by the walkers who are standing behind it rather than Glenn pulling himself under it.

3. Kallyloo

Kallyloo Member

What did you watch it on and what did you see yourself, if you don't mind sharing?

I saw it again on the tv, cause size makes a difference, and stood about a foot away from the tv (40 inch) looking and rewinding quite a lot of times too myself. It looked like at the end just before the walkers close in his right arm goes out and he pulls at something as the walkers surge in.

Am I 100% sure? No, but I think 90% from what I can see. The area of the image is so small even on a TV, I could never claim it was absolutely, unequivocally so because my tv is not some ultra expensive sharp, curved 4K deal, sorry to say it's just an ordinary HD TV.

4. Kallyloo

Kallyloo Member

Interesting, I was concentrating on Glenn rather than the dumpster, but that sounds even more logical.

5. Benzel

Benzel Member

I love the show, the game, the comics and this series so far has been excellent but everything about that scene stinks. One of the most disappointing moments in the show for me. The way they fell and Glenn's head now being next to the dumpster... No. Just no. I don't want Glenn to die there but the fact that he hasn't (we all know he hasn't) absolutely blows.

If we don't return in a couple of episodes time to see a half eaten Glenn shambling around in that alleyway then I will be very disappointed in the writers.

#185 Benzel, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  6. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Either way, when the dumpster gets pushed it reveals...a manhole to crawl down, where Aaron and Maggie
    can search the sewers later to find him. Of course, he might have turned Walker by that point. There's got to be some walkers with a taste for Korean, and he may have still got bit trying to escape.

7. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

I have a home theater so I watch Walking dead on a screen that is approx 6X10'. I also watched it on a 27" pc monitor which I think gives a clearer view than anything else.

The most movement that I can see from Glenn in that scene (camera zooming upward) is that his body sort of lurches backwards towards the dumpster but just for a split second and it doesn't appear that his body actually moves. Its more like he lifted his head up and then threw it back again, similar to what we saw in the preceding scene. I don't see his hands or arms moving and in a matter of a few seconds the walkers seem to obscure any view of the arms. In the preceding scene I do see what looks like a small bit of dirty insulation just beyond Glenn's right shoulder. Over his other shoulder looks like empty garbage bags.

8. Kallyloo

Kallyloo Member

Thanks, nice bit of kit you have. I am rewatching, a bit obsessed as most fans are. I See Glenn gets closer to the dumpster or it closes on him and the arm goes out. Could it be a walkers arm from underneath, possibly but I don't think so, and I don't think the UK episode would be any different from the U.S. apart from less ad breaks.

Anyway I have to be honest, that's what I see happening on my TV. Hopefully Sooner rather than later, when they reveal the truth further down the line the resolution will be equally as engrossing, and Glenn doesn't die later from bite at this point.

9. drifter77

drifter77 Member

If you look at the dumpster, there appears to be a 3-ft high cement wall around the rear corners of it (perhaps to position it for pickup or something), so in theory, if Glenn scootches under he could shimmy against it and just have the front walkers reaching in.

The other details I picked up on re-watch: Glenn still has the radio (it's clipped to his belt along his back); he seems to have dropped the backpack right where they end up falling, so it could be within reach; and since he has the flare in his hand just before running in the alley, then he's pictured without it, it's most likely still on his person as I doubt he'd just discard it.

I predict he'll MacGuyver up a rocket pack to launch himself to safety using the flare and contents of the backpack.

10. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I really hope the walkers push the dumpster over Glenn. That would be a hoot.

I would also find it be more believable than Carol's magic rocket in 501.

11. chantal7

chantal7 Member

LOL!!!! :zombies_lol:

12. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Whats wrong with Glenn dying? This: how can you keep killing off the great actors, actresses and their characters and replacing them with mediocre actors/actresses and losers (like Denise) and expect people to continue watching?

13. JohnConnor

JohnConnor Member

My thing is, if you don't want Glenn to die, then don't put him in that situation...

Don't have him run down a fenced in alley, avoid all potential alt. escape methods, get surrounded by a hundred-or-so walkers, fall into the middle of said hundred-or-so walkers after a close-proximity gun shot and end up with a body on top of him as walkers chow down inches from his face.

However, if you are going to put Glenn in that situation (which is unfortunately the case)....
    Then he has to die! It's just that simple.

The writers wrote themselves into a hole where they're gonna piss alot of people off whether he live or dies. The simple solution was to avoid this entire problem all together. Why are we not talking about whether or not Michonne survived or hell, whether shot-in-the leg Scott survived?

Oh that's right, the writers didn't put them in this situation!!

14. batongal

batongal Active Member

They're all going to die eventually. 4 originals left = 4 more years of TWD. I couldn't watch the show for more than 10 years anyway.

15. Biffster

Plus yo have to consider the Asian demographic that watches the show. Everyone needs a hero. Maybe Enid or
    someone is in the manhole under the dumpster and pulls Glenn down, so that Aaron and Maggie have someone to look for from this clip from the ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446259904.459659.jpg Season 6 trailer.

16. Grouse

Grouse New Member

Concerning Nicholas' gun, and the idea that he was without a doubt out of ammo because 2 clicks were heard. I want to point out a misconception about automatic firearms. Just because you hear a "click" does not necessarily mean the gun is empty of ammunition. A malfunction may have happened during the last time the gun was fired. Misfire, double feed, or a stovepipe may have occurred. A misfire or a stovepipe is the easiest to remedy, a double feed is slightly longer to fix, but still not long. Whether this happened to Nicholas' gun or if he even had the knowledge or composure to fix this, I leave that to you all.

17. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

5, not 4. Rick, Carol, Daryl, Glenn. I bet you missed Carl. And if you count Judith in Lori's womb, there are 6.

In 10 years, all will be gone except a grown up Carl and Judith. How this brother and sister team works out? Could be interesting.

18. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Yes, the next episode will be Morgan telling the captured Alpha Wolf his story. At the end of the episode, Rick will return to ASZ and is going to tell Maggie about Glenn's missing in that little town. Maggie does not know the way and so Aaron will go with her to find Glenn. I notice Aaron is wearing the same outfit and so their sewer trip should happen on that very same day.

19. Biffster

You win the Internet!

20. batongal

batongal Active Member

Glenn is already dead ; ) that leaves 4 more. I don't count Judith as an original. I would love to see a grown up Carl and Judith the last ones standing. Would make perfect sense to end the show on the note. Everyone dies so they can push on.