Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

PROOF that Glenn survived! :D

Discussion in 'Episode 603 - Thank You' started by kennyisalive94, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

I'm going with lifted with helium filled balloons.

2. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

We saw SOMEONE being torn apart, but Glenn's intestines wouldn't sprout from his shoulder area. One theory even suggested that this could have been Nick's hallucination, since they show his fading in and out several times in this episode. I think the no couch/no In Memoriam on TD is the biggest clue that implausible as it is, Glenn will survive, and Maggie and Aaron will be searching for him in the sewers.

3. Stark

Stark Member

Honestly, the shot of him hitting the ground doesn't suggest to me at all that Nicolas is on top of him. Even if he were I don't see why that would be suggestive of him surviving. They blended in with walkers by using walker blood on themselves, not fresh human blood. To me, that seems more like it would be the equivalent of Glenn being a chicken at a buffet who just slathered himself in BBQ sauce. If he's alive, it'll take away from the show. We're clearly looking at him being torn apart and anything that doesn't seem kosher about it, I would credit to being an oversight from the show, or being a limit of the prop/effects in making his death convincing. Why would he be reacting the way he does if he himself isn't the one being torn open?

It's really odd to me that so many people want him to live for being a fan favorite rather than respect what would be a bold and exciting choice for the show to make if he's actually dead, but I understand the conflicted viewpoints. The fact that we can even debate if he's alive or not is a problem. If he turns out to be alive, I'll have lost some serious faith in this show, because that attempt at a fake-out death is playing with the viewer in a silly manner and would make me not take just about any future death, especially Glenn's, seriously.

4. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

LA LA LA LA. Can't hear you, it's not over till the fat Walker sings.

5. Biffster

Never mind being eaten alive—imagine the concussion he would have.

#165 Biffster, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  6. Biffster

Like in the Season 6 Comicon trailer. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446010428.482861.jpg

7. Kallyloo

Kallyloo Member

I have just seen proof he is alive in the episode.

I'm from the UK and saw it on the nowTv episode on my iPad, don't know if there is any different cutting of the show compared to U.S.
    If you look closely at the wide overhead shot after you see the walkers eating Nicholas' guts, as they swarm in tighter around the dumpster, in the gap where the body is you can see Glen's face for a couple of seconds as he scoots backwards underneath the dumpster.

If someone would post a clip of that you could see it, Glen is alive, for now and everyone relax, ahh.

#167 Kallyloo, Oct 29, 2015
  8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Yes, I have seen that too.

You are the only person, besides me, in this site that claims to see this. I am not alone!

9. Kallyloo

Kallyloo Member

Hiya mate! I actually got a magnifying glass out to check and replayed the scene several times, I absolutely agree with you it's Glen's face scooting underneath.

They'll probably do a cut in a future episode to show exactly how he went from screaming to escaping but it's real, and all people have to do is look. :)

#169 Kallyloo, Oct 29, 2015
  10. batongal

batongal Active Member

All I know is Glen cannot emerge from under the dumpster until Morgan gets around to bringing Beth back to the group.

11. rustybag

rustybag Member

Here's the clip, where do you guys see Glenn scooting under the dumpster? I don't think I'm seeing it :

[video=youtube_share;ybfGq9hkqUU]http://youtu.be/ybfGq9hkqUU[/video]

12. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Beth's under the dumpster. Turn up your sound really loud and you can hear her singing ... Just pretend.

13. Kallyloo

Kallyloo Member

I can't see it as its not available to my country but assuming it's the same as ours. Just as it cuts to the wide shot, at the front between the walkers immediately in front by the dumpsterjust in that front gap see Glen's face at an angle about 2 o clock.
    He is on his back, so all you can see is his face, he scoots backwards a beat before they close in.

as I say, I'm assuming UK episode is the same as U.S.

14. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

On TD they showed a screen shot of Greg Nicotero dressed as a walker. I don't think he would have done that unless it was for a shot that required specific moves on the part of the walker.

I can buy the idea that if Glenn goes silent the walkers so focused on eating Nicholas that they will forget about him.

15. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Except that's never happened before. In every other instance the walkers attack and eat any living thing near them. Walkers completely surround him, and he is obviously within reach because look at the hands in the pic in the top post of this page. But they're completely ignoring him, which has NEVER HAPPENED.

16. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

There's never been an instance before where a living person was underneath a person being eaten. The screaming means nothing while Glenn is under Nicholas, since any number of characters have been eaten alive and screamed their lungs out in the process.

17. Kallyloo

Kallyloo Member

Here is an admittedly bad close screen shot of Glen, grimacing with effort and sadness scooting under the dumpster.

If you watch the actual episode you see he goes at an angle of about 2 o clock underneath.

Edit: Having watched the clip again on at tv size, I'm not 100% certain now that he scoots under in enough time before the walkers swarm in, so there is still a possibility of being bitten.
    [​IMG]

#177 Kallyloo, Oct 29, 2015
  18. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Nicotero has been a walker several times. I think he just likes it.

19. Quivy

Quivy Active Member

I could be wrong but I think Nicotero has been a walker on almost every season.

20. Kallyloo

Kallyloo Member

Sorry, can't keep away from this, been rewatching it since I've got back on the TV for more detail.

Right at the end of the overhead shot it looks like Glenn is pulling rubbish over him as he inches backwards. We saw an insulation truck earlier as they were running, and then there is insulation or something sticking out of the dumpster.

Walkers aren't the smartest, and the insulation could protect him from bites, so maybe out of sight out of mind to walkers if the stink of it is bad enough?
    C'mon the walkers must have goldfish memories, so if they don't see it and can't smell it perhaps they'll forget him.