Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Proof that Shane > Rick (Potential Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Episode 306 - Hounded' started by zombiewizard, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

Drunk or emotionally upset angry or whatever. No excuse or reason for attempted rape or rape. I think if you were on the receiving end of it and same scenario. Probably would think differently. The Governor and Shane are not the same or alike. Rick and the Governor are said to be the same and or alike.

2. LoneRogue

LoneRogue Member

Just like others here get tired of the 'zombie smell theory' (dousing yourself with zombie internals so you can 'mask' your smell and walk among them w/out issue)...had Shane lived and still been a member of the cast, his constant antagonistic view on EVERYTHING Rick thought/said/did would have made the show much more like a day-time drama...it would have gotten old after every other episode...

It has nothing to do with who is the 'star'...but rather...

* How far can you take a character
    * What is that actor who is playing a given character willing to do if their perceived persona of their character changes during one (1) season to another?

3. WalkingRed

WalkingRed New Member

I agree that if Rick never showed up, Shane would have been a good leader of the group. For how long though? You saw him freak out and beat Carols husband almost to death. Was this just the start of him going off the deep end even without Rick's arrival? Would he have gone down the path of the governor? Or would he have lost it before he made it that far. in the end it doesn't really matter. With Ricks arrival he completely lost it and needed to be killed.

4. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I just love that members are against Rick because he's a "wussy". I'm assuming because he has emotions? I feel like i'm in elementary school again....

5. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Everyone in a ZA has fear, but not everyone is crippled by it. Those who are crippled by don't survive.

6. Benzel

Benzel Member

Otis had to die. Shane did it for Carl and if he didn't they'd have likely both died.

Shane knew what needed to be done most of the time.

Shane had all the qualities to lead the group and keep them safe, if it wasn't for his infatuation with Lori, he and Rick would've kept the group a lot safer than it has been but as it is, he descended into madness and there was no way back for him.

I honestly felt bad for him, the way he lost his mind. He became a danger to everyone and Rick did what had to be done in the end.

7. Ricktator

Ricktator Member

I have to agree that I'd much rather be around Shane than Rick in the zombie apocalypse. Shane did keep the camp alive for months before Rick showed up. HOWEVER, the group would have endured much higher casualties when they were attacked at the camp site had Rick not gone back to ATL for the bag of weapons.

8. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

I agree with that.

Especially with that part about higher casualties. Shane was very determined in his decisions, not all of them were good. But he would've done anything that gets them on the way, no matter what kind of risk is it.

Rick is, however, an emotional guy. He's trying his best for the group.

9. ggill09

ggill09 Member

Because Im sure that during the end of civilization as we know it everyone would keep their cool and not go off the deep end.

10. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

Biggest misconception about Shane was what inept and dim bulb Lori said was that " he's a hot head". Wrong Shane was unstable. In Tell To The Frogs when he was beating Ed? Overkill. Not that Ed didn't deserve that and more but he, Shane wanted to beat on Rick really. In Wildfire when Shane raises his rifle and has Rick in his sights and keeps it there until Dale busts him on it. He tries to rape Lori the woman he claims to love. Tries to kill his best friend and brother Rick who he claims he loves again with a big ass wrench in the school yard when they are fighting and throws a motorcycle down on Rick as well. His obsession with his best friend's wife. Disregards going back to get Amy and the others because its' dangerous but if it was Lori and Carl in the same position he would go on suicide mission. He is disrespectful to women.Calling them pairs of boobs. The only purpose to Shane they seem to serve is in the horizontal position. If a member falls behind he would kneecap them or worse because they can't carry their weight. Everyone is wrong except Shane. Shane lacked humanity and was the one that was weak and wouldn't survive one day alone without someone watching his back. When he doesn't get his way he stomps off rubbing his head. Two switches with Shane silence and rage. And ain't a good combination to have.

11. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

No, I wouldn't think differently, I said "it doesn't make it okay". Well, I do think they have some similarities (Shane/Governor). My opinion. I see just a couple of similarities between Rick and the Governor as well, both are nuts now.

Even still, I actually like Rick. He stepped up to the plate and he's a good hearted guy. Just because my vote is for Shane as one who would've kept Lori alive longer, doesn't mean I'm anti-Rick. I'm not advocating that Lori should've left Rick for Shane. That would've made me dislike her even more because I believe in being faithful to one's husband for better or for worse. Just my opinion.

#151 Zombie Lover, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2012
  12. UndeadMauldo

UndeadMauldo Member

Shane was the ultimate douchebag, he was in it for Shane only. He didn't give a shit about Lori either, he only wanted what he couldn't have. He didn't pay any attention to Andrea, because he could have her. I mean he hit it one time, but after that he didn't care. Everyone was expendable, he killed Otis, raised his rifle on Rick, tried to rape Lori (who he supposedly loved). And that's just what I can think of. The dude was an unstable psychopath, I don't believe he ever gets that group to the prison. I think most of them die from walkers, starvation or any number of Shane's screw-ups or by his hands.

13. kjmarket

kjmarket Member

Well put. Sane would get them all killed and I really do not understand people who think Shane was better in any way.

14. Team Daryl

Team Daryl Member

I guess the side you pick just depends on what you believe in. Multiple people have said it, The landscape has changed but our humanity is still within us. Well the real question is who would you pick to be the leader? I would pick Rick because he has a sense of morality still and I'm sorry Shane had no morals. I understand that the ZA puts people in survival mode but I think much like Dale when I say that once you lose your humanity, what else do we really have as humans? Shane is a joke lol.

Is the troll full yet?

15. yangxai

yangxai Member

I don't understand why people got to pick sides. Both Rick and Shane are amazing characters and I really like both. Rick's more of a leader then Shane and even Shane is comfortable with that. Shane's more of a second in command type guy; some one who you bounce off ideas with and some one you can trust to get stuff done. Decision making wasn't Shane's strong suit but everyone has their strengths and weakness. I don't blame him for that. I'd want both of them in my group if i was stuck in zombie world.

16. Jackmehoff

Jackmehoff New Member

Shane couldn't protect himself in the big picture.. Rick is awesome.

17. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

I don't think either of them make great leaders, but I'd choose Rick. Because he actually cares about everybody in his group.

18. TheHiddenMan

TheHiddenMan Member

killermolls..nobody is a great leader...until he becomes one

rick is the only character in the rick group with the right attributes to lead
    ------

and carls hat ofcourse

19. TheHiddenMan

TheHiddenMan Member

oh u want a guy sleeping with his friends wife and trying to kill him to get her, even if she herself refuses to be with him?
    wow u really want to keep ur enemies close i guess :p

#159 TheHiddenMan, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  20. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

It's been awhile but Carol's husband deserved to be beaten. Didn't he molest their daughter too? In that scene I think Shane was just doing what he WANTED to throughout his years as a cop but couldn't.