Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

PS4 Open Beta Feedback

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by SPECTRE_182, May 23, 2018.

1. SPECTRE_182

SPECTRE_182 New Member

Just finished my first match of h1z1 and have some suggestions for the devs ( apologies if this is in the wrong section.)

1. The game doesn’t fill up my whole screen, so there’s black bars around the gameplay. I would like to see an option to expand screen sizes (safe areas I think it’s called) It really irritates me lol.

2. The game is quite laggy. I would like to see an in-game ping meter. I would also like the ability to see server locations and the option to switch between them. I’m in Australia and it felt like I was on a NA server.

3. HUD icons (health, armour, radar etc) are way too small

4. Controls feel clunky, might be just me but it was awkward ads-ing.

5. Items could use some brighter colours. Not too bad, but it wouldn’t hurt.

2. ThirdEye555

ThirdEye555 New Member

Having fun with the game so far on PS4, but it needs some major improvements (understandably). What makes it better/different than a game like Fortnite, is the more realistic take, there is no crafting structures, and we have drivable vehicles!
    All great things.

Hopefully everyone sees the below, as constructive criticism and not complaining. Thanks!

Here are some suggestions for improvement:

1. The icon on the map that shows the player is next-to ineffective. I round circular icon is ambiguous and not helpful. I recommend an arrow icon, so that you can see your orientation.

2. Opening the weapon wheel is is very delayed from when you actually push the button. What's the point in having a quick wheel, if it takes less time to cycle weapons?

3. Tapping R1 for grenade doesn't always seem to work.

4. The quad vehicle is next to useless on any terrain that isn't virtually flat.

5. (Minor gripe) Entering into the game (a match) after loading, is very abrupt. Maybe create a smoother transitioning sequence via 4 second cinematic?

6. Why do ALL rifles have optics? Why not have some without optics to allow for varying degrees of value/preference within loot drops/finds?

7. The HUD & icons are too small. Either make them bigger, or give us a slider option in the menu.

Performance related:

1. I believe we were told that H1Z1 would be running at 60fps on PS4 Pro. That's the system I'm playing on, and I can tell you for sure that we're NOT running at 60fps. I imagine this will be ironed out over time, but right now it's really choppy. Would be nice to hear something from Adims/Devs regarding future improvements.

2. I believe the devs are aware of this, but the UX/UI in the menus and character customization is pretty bad...I need to click on an item to preview how it looks, sometimes it doesn't show a confirmation of my selection (via check mark), and sometimes my player will spawn with random gear that I didn't assign.

3. PS4-addict10825

PS4-addict10825 New Member

This looks like a good spot to post this.

Can you also look into fixing these issues on ps4 too please.
    1. Issue with swapping from grenades and holding R1 for arching back to weapons = no Gun in hand (in practice mode) while being shot at.
    2. Can not log into main menu screen [ Failed to connect to server]
    3. Issue while joining another match and/or exiting a game (also get a Failed to connect to server] seems connected.
    4. Not able to join the lobby, I get a brief join then back to loading screen then I drop into a match.

4. bob smith

bob smith New Member

I just got this on PS4 and im having a blast so far. I havent had any major connection issues the gameplay has been smooth with virtually no lag. The only thing that bothers me is that I cannot play with my friends across the pond.I really hope this is something that is being worked on because I dont really like playing with randoms.

5. mikekaylor98

mikekaylor98 New Member

THIS GAME COULD SURVIVE

This game is rather fun, the sounds are great and the sights for guns are too. This feels better than Ghost Recon: Wildlands.
    I feel these are the steps needed to allow this game to stand the test of time.

1. Many people I play with hate the battle royale aspect and wish this game had game modes. I think this game should keep battle royale, but I think it should incorporate more modes of play. People love how the game feels and that is the only reason some play the battle royale part. If the devs do this, they could even sell that part of the game and leave battle Royale free. They already have the maps basically, they could just cut out the cities already existing and turn it into a game mode.
    2. This game needs to slow down the fog speed a little bit, even 20 - 30 seconds. The fog is ridiculously fast. People barely have time to search somewhere before they have to leave again.
    3. I'm not sure as they haven't come out, but airstrike grenades sound like a bad idea. I guess the implementation depends.
    4. The legendary lmg is much too overpowered. I got it and destroyed everything was too easily, but I also get destroyed quickly as well.

I know this won't be read probably, but I want the game to survive. I just have a feeling this battle royale stuff is going to come to an end eventually.. And it will bring h1z1 along with it without game modes and such.

6. Kodie Collings

Kodie Collings Well-Known Member

1. I agree. I would like screen safezone adjustment.

2. Agree. Definitely needs a ping meter especially if they want to host competitive gaming.

3. Not a big deal personally. But HUD size scaling would be nice and toggle on/off features.

4. I think the clunky controls might be intentional. Some developers have slow ADS to reduce the skill gap between good and excellent players. This makes reaction time less important and more focus on use of cover, positioning etc. I also noticed there's an ADS delay after going from standing-prone and vice-versa. I imagine this is intentional too to discourage drop-shotting.

7. SNaKe_eaTel2

SNaKe_eaTel2 New Member

I feel like the map is big enough that we really shouldn’t have 4 and 5 or more people consistently choosing the same landing zone in solo - while I don’t mind so much getting 4 kills before getting the vehicle I landed next to, it’s just unnecessary and it feels like spawns have been made closer together since launch. Personally I would rather have a minute or 2 to loot and prepare before combat. Also the shrinking map will concentrate the players fairly quickly. And lastly the drop crates already act as population magnets.

8. JadepantherX

JadepantherX New Member

All the best shooters use L1 to aim and R1 to shoot, not L2/R2 let us flip the L1/L2 R1/R2 buttons. Nobody shoots a gun with there middle finger, expect video games that the developers didn't spent 5 minutes researching it.

9. Mcb1986

Mcb1986 New Member

#1 I agree more game modes could be fun
    Free-for-all (small section of map chosen at random)
    Bedlam (No time limit no rewards or exp, respawn, no gas.)

#2 I would also like to increase time between gas advances. I actually spend a lot of time in gas. Setting up ambushes at crates that nobody has looted. Does seem like they are rushing the matches a bit. I would like longer matches.

Add a day/night cycle with random starting times.

Rain/thunderstorm/snow/fog weather variants.

Remote C4 to set traps would be great.

More roof access maybe use ladders.

10. The AverageMeme

The AverageMeme New Member

This game could be good but for such a large map there's nothing to actually do except chase the next supply drop. It gets quite boring after a while. You already know exactly what you'll find no matter what building you go into or place you search, so once you got the basics from literally anywhere on the map. It becomes this kinda boring race to see who gets the big weapons first.

Then it usually become one sided, whoever gets the big weapon first usually decimates everyone else that didn't quite make it or you just get run over or do the running over. It's very restrictive feeling gameplay presented in a sandbox environment. It doesn't make a lot of sense to be honest and the PS4 version doesn't have the same scale of gameplay as other battle royales.

I mean it wasn't boring at first, but when every battle plays out pretty much exactly the same it gets boring very fast. All types of weapons should be better distributed across the map, there's no real reason to actually explore anything currently.

11. LoneWanderer

LoneWanderer New Member

Im addicted.
    Please add these things:
    Vaulting walls
    R3 bash with gun
    Unarmed punching
    An animation for entering/exiting vehicles
    Weather and time changes in the map
    Updated map textures (win98 naustalgia)

Thanks

12. Eric Veilleux

Eric Veilleux New Member

Great game! Love playing it. Also supported the game by buying a skin pack.
    My suggestion is about the skin and clothes, I think it would be much better for both players and H1Z1 revenues to have all skin and clothes being available to BUY SEPARATELY. I think the clothe and skin features are great if you can choose what you want to wear on your character and so you could buy any clothe you like separately if you want, or else you would wait to get stuff as rewards if you don't want to spend a penny.

The problem is that most people don't want to spend 20$ for random stuff or for a mask and 4 other things they don't like.
    You could have :

Common items all for sale at 0.5$ piece.
    Uncommon items all for sale at 1$ piece.
    Rare items all for sale at 2$ a piece.
    Ultra rare items for sale at 5$ a piece.

This would then motivate thousands of players to spend a bit to create their own favorite outfit as they pease... not with random common rewards.

13. Eric Veilleux

Eric Veilleux New Member

Unarmed punching or better yet military knife stabbings as soon as you hit the ground

14. Eric Veilleux

Eric Veilleux New Member

We want a knife for melee defense when unarmed.

15. C_A_G_E

C_A_G_E New Member

For me the biggest concern right now is the cars. The fuel lasts way too long and the end game always is a demolition derby.