Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Pwnery's "Friday 5" - 4/20 Edition

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by SeanPWnery, Apr 21, 2017.

1. SeanPWnery

SeanPWnery Member

I know it's a little early, but one of the screenshots are here at home and I didn't wanna post this from work without it. Last week I dropped 5 suggestions that should be implemented ... this week I've brought you 5 more.

That being said, they're not all positive happy-go-lucky, let's all fart rainbow unicorns.

First of all, this s**t needs to stop.

It's bad enough that if the game decides "You've been on long enough, you deserve a time-out crash" while you're driving, that your vehicle blows up within seconds of the disconnect - but to add insult to injury, sometimes this bullllllls**t happens.

[​IMG]

That's me in the ground... several feet IN the ground mind you - I can't move, jump, nothing. All I can do is watch my in-server group-mate drive around hopelessly and hear me throw out just about every expletive in the human language system. Yep.. /respawn and lose everything. This wasn't a problem a year ago - where'd this glitch come from? Get rid of it whatever it is.

Step up your rain game...

Well, the addition of weather was very welcomed indeed - but honestly, it's weak - super weak. The rain, the sounds, and the visual change on the top-surfaces of the world, the roads, and the vehicles is excellent - now work on the effects of the rain.

Cases in point :
    • Make the rain spatter and hit the screen and run down it, distorting your vision in both "first and third person view." World of Warships does this ...barely. If you want to limit visibility - REALLY do it. When in vehicles, it'd be great to make the distortion enough to force the driver to play in first person view. This would also require a hotkey assignment to enable the wipers to "clear the view" enough to make driving not overly impossible.
    • Make traction when in the rain far more difficult.
    • Make vehicles lose control easier due to poor traction on non-concrete surfaces
    • Make running more difficult in the rain when on non-concrete surfaces.
    • Make climbing uphill damn near impossible on foot and even harder in vehicles
    • Make the ground have a fog effect from the impact of the water and spatter so cloudy that at night, zombies would be practically on top of you before you spot them. I want to be as terrified of zombies running at me in the rain in the dark as if they were a small horde of Banshees.
    • The sound changes indoors when it rains should be amplified in vehicles - less sound dampening, more audio distortion making animals and zombies harder to hear.
    Perimeter defense repairs...

Would like to see a small perimeter around the base foundations where punji's and barbed wire are also repairable via striking the foundation. The server already sets up a "no-build zone" perimeter around people's bases, so I think a tighter ring of a few meters around the foundation can also be setup as a "maintenance zone."

Plant all/pick all...

Pretty self-explanatory ... picking crops and planting them. This could be made far more efficiently if you could offer a "pick all crops?" and "plant all crops?" option - the latter depending on the type of seed you're holding in your inventory.

Siphoning...

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to go up to a vehicle with a "rubber hose" and "empty bottle" and see "loot vehicle" towards the front or sides, but "siphon fuel" from the rear? Maybe make it so the process has a 30 second delay for 1 biofuel and not guarantee fuel in every vehicle. Essentially walk up, do the 30 seconds and have RNG roll whether or not fuel was given to you. This just gives you another way to get fuel while leaving you temporarily vulnerable trying to get it.

I had others but it's been a long day and the last 3 were fresh in my mind. We'll see you next Friday for another Friday-5 if I can think of any. I'll probably edit these tomorrow from the shop with more colors for ease of reading. As always... discuss.

#1 SeanPWnery, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2017
  2. ODBxDrCaptainSir

ODBxDrCaptainSir New Member

I think siphoning needs to be a thing. So does looting car parts from cars. Not sure I like the part about losing traction though, I'm already crazy enough with my driving. ;)