Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Q&A w/ Ryan Hurst

Discussion in 'Episode 912 - Guardians' started by Dnae, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Dammit Ryan Hurst, making me miss Andy even more....

What was your first day on set like? What it was like getting a feel for the place?
    Well, I’ll tell you. I heard all the stories about how wonderful Andy Lincoln is, right? And I’d never personally met him, and I heard so many stories, like in the press when all the people were like, “He’s the best guy in the whole world.” And I was like, “Yeah, yeah, yeah. Everybody sort of says that. Of course, he’s the lead guy on your show.” And then I show up to one of my first days of rehearsal, and Andy — who had already been off of the show — shows up to the set and welcomes me to the show and hangs out for the whole rehearsal, contributes to the scene, and I’m like, “This guy’s really cool!”

He says, “Let’s all go out to dinner.” We go out to dinner, and I’m sitting here talking, chatting this guy up. He’s welcoming me to the show. Remember, he’s not on the show anymore. And then he sits down and teaches me how to play backgammon. By the end of this night, I’m going, “I think I’m in love with Andy Lincoln!” Literally, it is a really beautiful family atmosphere. I know you’re making this show about the end of the world, but the communal atmosphere of that show is like nothing I’ve ever really been a part of. It’s so supportive. It’s so unbelievably welcoming. I was really floored by how everyone bent over backward to welcome me to the show.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Ohhhhh now my curiosity is piqued!

So who is Beta? What’s your take on this guy and how you wanted to approach him?
    My take on him was he’s very close to Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old Men. Everyone in the Whisperers wears masks for different reasons, and I’m not gonna reveal too much, but Beta especially is not only is not playing with a full deck, he’s playing with six full decks from five different games. The guy’s sort of impenetrable because he’s just not playing by the same set of rules as anybody else. And more so than a lot of characters on the show, like his sense of humanity is so completely and totally fractured that he lives underneath this mask.

So what audiences have to look forward to is really that the more you think you know about Beta, the less you do. Only in these coming seasons do we really start to explore, “Really who the hell is this guy?” He’s gonna be a bit of a mystery for quite some time.

4. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Was this the article where he talked about his costume being Easter eggs of past characters on the show?

“I wanted to just steal a bit from all the best people on the show. There are little tiny Easter eggs if you look really closely at Beta’s costume. There are some little Easter eggs in there of little pieces that may resemble other characters on the show, and that was sort of done consciously. I’m not gonna really reveal much more than that.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Seasons to come??? How long are our groups and we the viewers gonna have to put up with these psychos?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I do not think so. I am guessing the red scarf is a call out to megan perhaps.

Now I am going to pick apart his outfit !

7. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Perhaps Beta's black leather long coat is stolen from Jesus.
    If so, when? Jesus was stabbed to death in that cemetery and his body was taken directly back to Hilltop. But, I do not remember he was wearing that black leather coat or not when he died.

At first, I thought Beta's mask is from some other character in the show. But then, maybe it is only his outfit but not his mask that it's referred to. Imagine, it would be awesome if a well known character's face (eg Simon or even Heath) is used by Beta as mask.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I think he means it’s a tribute to the past characters, not their actual outfits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think Alpha falls for Beta's big beard. She loves beard and forced Frank to grow one. Now, Beta has a big beard. It is so big that it does not fit inside a mask and so he has to cut off the lower half in order to keep the beard. And perhaps Beta falls for Alpha's bald head. Maybe his pre-ZA wife had cancer and lost her hair due to chemo and now Alpha just reminds him of his wife. Maybe this soft spot of Alpha will make her to spare Aaron from a horrible death. How does my weird theory sound? lol
    Of course, my serious theory is that Alpha needs Beta's physical strength to dominate the rest of her group to maintain her control.

I just notice one thing. It seems most (if not all) Whisperers' masks have long hair. This means, the masks are taken from women (not saying men do not have long hair though). I wonder why. Maybe they need the longer hair to cover up the neck area, making it less likely to be discovered as a fake?

And there is one angle of Beta that makes him look like Mr Worf. Anyone agrees?

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Sully

Sully Active Member

Find it funny that Lincoln left the show because filming was too hard, and yet here he is visiting set all the time.

I give him till season 11 before he comes back.

11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Jesus’ leather coat would fit on Beta’s pinky finger. LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Okay so Negan's red scarf

Jesus' trench coat

Rick's gun belt holster thingy

Ties around his pants at the ankles like Daryl.........

The quest for easter eggs continues

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I finally realized who/what Beta reminds me of.....

The Creature from the Black Lagoon!!
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I miss him so much (no homo) !

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I was about to post that. For right now, the whisperers seem to be exciting, terrifying, and intriguing all at once. Negan was too, in the beginning. Then he was there for like 13 seasons........ They really, really, really need not drag out this whisperers arc like they did (are still doing) with Negan. Fingers crossed. Expecting the worst.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. hgigh

hgigh New Member

I was thinking The Creeper from Jeepers Creepers.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

This also works!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Baby Beta
    [​IMG]

20. Dnae