Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Question about Alexandra

Discussion in 'Episode 613 - The Same Boat' started by br0k3n, Mar 17, 2016.

1. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

I'm new here so please forgive if this has been discussed elsewhere, and Admins please move this thread if you feel it is better placed elsewhere.

Alexandra - the fortified community in which Rick & Co. now live. How does it still have water pressure for showers/sinks/toilets? Power for gas and electric?

I realize these are details that are not currently pertinent to the plot focus - but they do directly affect daily life and how time/energy/resources are spent in terms of manpower in the community.

Perhaps I just forgot when this was initially mentioned, or what it ever brought up in the show? Thanks.

2. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

Alexandria was built as a self sustaining community. So it has solar power, water reserves etc. But it doesn't have a food supply.

3. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

They only seem to show the same residential area, and not the power plant or water utilities, etc. They've got all that running off solar?

4. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

It's a fictional tv show on AMC. Not a documentary on the Discovery Channel.

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

We are suppose to have the impression that it runs off the solar panels. Remember in Spend, when they took Eugene to the warehouse to get the inverters? They were for the solar panels. Sam told Carol his house had no power that day, before the group came back with the inverters.

Of course, its unrealistic to depict a dozen houses and a huge brownstone building all powered by that one group of solar panels. I went through and calculated it last year, and it would be enough power, ballpark, for about 2 refrigerators total in the safe zone, plus each house to have maybe two 60 watt bulbs on for a total of 4 or 5 hours per day, plus each resident [based on 50 people] to take about a 60 second lukewarm shower maybe twice a week. That doesn't include the medical equipment, the ovens/stoves [which much be electric, if they are working, as there is no gas company nearby], or heating the houses in winter, among other things.

They also could be getting energy from propane, but we haven't seen any tanks.

Water pressure could still theoretically come from a water tower nearby [there actually is one, a block away [[Woodbury]], we've seen it in the background], but once that went dry, there would be no power to pump it full again.

6. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

LOL I feel you - just wondering if this had been alluded to

7. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

8. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

You're a good sport.

9. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

Reg did it. He was like, a genius man.