Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Question about Alpha's lie regarding Lydia

Discussion in 'Episode 1005 - What It Always Is' started by Woodstock, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

This isn't exactly related to this specific episode but it's something I have been wanting to ask since the new season started: when exactly did Alpha tell the others that Lydia was dead?

I did a quick search on the web and from what I understand it was revealed in episode 2 that she lied about Lydia. So it happened off screen basically? I only watched last season's episodes once and I totally missed this, on top of that I don't remember the details regarding Alpha and Lydia's last confrontations. I know I am going to binge season 9 again soon but in the meantime if someone could just give me a quick recap on this scenario I'd be really grateful. :)

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

@Woodstock

Season 9 episode 15

We have the scene with Alpha confronting Lydia at the Kingdom (they are standing by the school bus outside of the theater)

Then when Daryl, Michonne, Carol and Yumiko are surrounded by Whisperers. Alpha tells the group "my daughter isn't a concern anymore. She was weak, she never lived up to expectations"

Daryl then asks Alpha "was? what the hells that suppose to mean?" and Alpha quite cleverly steers clear of directly answering that question. (at the 1:02 mark of the below video clip)

Since Alpha speaks of Lydia in the past tense it can be assumed that the time between her confronting Lydia at The Kingdom and then wrangling this particular group is probably when she proclaimed to her group that she killed Lydia during their face to face.

At least that is how I always took that scene so it did not come as a surprise to me that now in season 10 we are getting confirmation that Alpha misled her group in regard to Lydia's fate

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Awesome, thank you for clearing that up. I remember that scene now (and rewatched the youtube clip) and at the time I remember thinking for a moment that she had actually killed Lydia, but then she turned up alive and I guess I just interpreted the past tense as a way of Alpha breaking any bonds with her and "casting" her from the group (although it was clear that Lydia didn't mind being banished). The thought that she lied to the Whisperers never really crossed my mind, especially since - as it's been pointed out many times already - the truth about Lydia being alive could easily be discovered at any point (even if the Whisperers never cross paths with her anyone could bring up her name at any given point.)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I didn't put two and two together there. When Daryl and Alpha were talking, I thought she was just taunting him with the past tense or possibly just speaking that way because she considers her "gone". But in hindsight, yea it makes sense now that we know she told the rest of the Whisperers that she killed Lydia.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah and then it wasn't until Daryl was alone with Alpha, when she showed him that huge horde, that he was sure Lydia was still alive.

• Like Like x 3