Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Question about The Arena Herd

Discussion in 'Episode 106 - The Good Man' started by Camilleyun, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Were there any children in the herd?
    I've only seen the episode once and need to rewatch.

Before, I figured the people in there had assembled there voluntarily, like a designated shelter that people were seeking out on their own. I'm wondering now if those people weren't the ones the military had rounded up like cattle into trucks outside the fences like Chris described in his video blog at the beginning of Not Fade Away. I thought of this since it seems like it's so close to the military hospital. Perhaps not as much of a shelter, but a large detention area where they thought they could sort out the infected, sick, etc...and lost control.

If it was the people the military carted off by day 5 like Chris said, it seems like there should be children in the mix.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The way Andrew described it, I think it was a shelter, probably set up by the National Guard, and people came voluntarily. Then some people died inside, and it became overrun, and they locked them in.

I think the lack of children walkers, both here and in TWD is a technical one, not plot driven. They just don't want the liability. And I rationalize it as that the children would be more likely to get fully eaten when they are bitten, to the point where they can't walk when they wake up as a walker.

3. Ania

Ania Member

I really think a show like this, that weighs so heavily on viewers, doesn't want to make it tougher by having children walkers. I'm sure if this was real life, there would be child walkers, but on these shows, it's "out of sight, out of mind."

4. Camilleyun

Blah, blah...technicalities... liabilities..yadda yadda....hire some little people..and put them somewhere like a school, or a church..surely someone would have taken children and tried to hide them somewhere.
    I want to see some kid walkers, dammit.

5. Camilleyun

I think it's more likely due to what [MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION] said. The had Lizzie gut her sister on the TWD and then had Carol shoot her in the head, so I don't think their afraid to take it there.

6. Neuropyramidal

And Penny.

7. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

It's just harder to work with child actors. They have much more strict labour laws for safety, working hours, time they're allowed to work. Add in stunts, and prosthetics...suddenly it's not very attractive to hire 50 children.

8. Elly F.

Elly F. Member

And Rick took out teddy bear slipper girl between the eyes.

9. Camilleyun

And Daryl put down the little kid walker in the woman's shelter so Carol wouldn't have to. Although we only saw it's outline...

10. Camilleyun

I wasn't thinking a herd of them, just here and there, an occasional scene that includes a kid..

11. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, I think they should add an occasional one too. A random 7 year old girl walker walking up to the wall at ASZ is more powerful and memorable than an adult walker.

12. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

That and Women wearing Pants Walkers might seem a little more realistic too?

I have never really grasped that one?

13. Knifer

Knifer New Member

There actually WAS a child to be seen in the herd. After the kitchen scene, after Strand blocks the door handles with a broomstick, you can see a child walker approach the door in the rest of the herd.

#13 Knifer, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  14. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

I suppose that's to help the audience tell the men and women apart?

15. Camilleyun

When I rewatch, I'll be looking for this. Thanks

16. Camilleyun

And a zombified Sophia put down by Rick at point blank range. Holy crap , how did we forget that??!

17. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I guess we won't ever seen any walker babies because they'd be completely devoured most likely.

18. Camilleyun

A pregnant walker with a visible walker baby in utero...poking it's little walker head out...or dragging behind mama walker still attached by the umbilical cord!
    That would be epic.

19. gas3987

gas3987 New Member

Eeek, you are right! If we are going to continue to expand TWD universe, this situation had to have happened in some form or another.