Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Question about the standoff scene

Discussion in 'Episode 306 - Hounded' started by Walker Bait, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

Both Glenn and Maggie had their find trained on Merle, yet when Merle drew his gun both Glenn and Maggie's reaction is to duck and cover. Why the hell did they not blow him away.

And yes, I know it's because the Merle storyline isn't done yet, but I guess you could also ask why did the director choreograph this so poorly? The way that scene was blocked, Merle should be dead as fried chicken.

2. HeeroBlaze

HeeroBlaze Member

Neither Glenn or Maggie had killed a person before, so they weren't prepared for it (guess Glenn learned nothing since his shootout with Randall's group in season 2). They were hoping just threatening Merle would have been enough to cause him to back down, but it wasn't.

3. target tony

target tony Member

so Glenns poor decision has now gotten more than his ass in hot water. will he learn from this? no... the writers just keep making him dumber as the episodes go on. wonder what Rick would have done.

Glenn has once again demonstrated he belongs on broke back mountain instead of TWD. i had hoped with Maggie showing him how to kick ass he might take a page from her book but no he didn't.

he's still the little goof that hid from the shootout and hershel had to save his ass.

will Glenn please grow a pair? i doubt it. every group needs a sissy in there midst and Glenn is it.

4. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I wouldn't call Glen a sissy. Stupid for not shooting Merle on sight, sure but not a sissy. I blame Maggie more for not drilling Merle. He's a stranger and it's fairly obvious by Glen's expression a dangerous one. The only blame I place on Glen is not getting Maggie in the car and getting away from Merle before anything else happened. So at least the beating he's about to receive is well warranted.

5. ggill09

ggill09 Member

he also didnt want to shoot the brother of someone in his group. i dont see that going well. and they couldve just tried getting in the car but the majority of people are going to duck and cover when they are getting shot at by somone.

6. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Hahah....

Glenn has always been the more tactical and strategic type in this show. He's good at scouting & recon, not direct confrontation.

7. yangxai

yangxai Member

Glen's one of my favorite characters but he's fool. He knows the type of guy Merle is. Maybe he didn't want to shoot him because he's Daryl's brother but after you tell him to stop and he keeps coming with a that knife hand of his. Glenn should of put a couple bullets in him. Maybe not kill, but at least incapacitate him. Glen's the only guy from the group i can see freezing up like this. You know Rick, Daryl, Hershal, hell i'd even go so far as to say Carl (he's badass now) would of shot Merle in that situation. What ever happens to Maggie is his fault, I hope they beat the naivety out him. Did this guy learn nothing from the Nebraska episode.

#7 yangxai, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  8. zombiekilla

zombiekilla Member

I would make Merle get on the ground and have him throw his gun towards me, but Merle had at least two guns with him. Glenn should have shoot him in his other hand. Don't trust the living, fear and fight them too.

9. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

I think Glenn is not kind of a guy who would kill some person. He was probably shocked in that moment because he obviously didn't thought that Merle would've survive.

Glenn should've shoot him in his arm or leg.

10. marsyao

marsyao Member

Then how to explain to Daryl why he shot his brother?

11. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

shoot him in his hand??? Nope. too much chance to miss. Better to shoot him right in the middle of his chest where you're already pointing your gun and then put a few more rounds in to make sure. Shooting someone in the hand is a luxury Glenn can't afford.

12. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

"Dude, your brother pulled a gun on us..."

13. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Glenn should've killed Merle and told Daryl why. At this point I really don't think Daryl would've held it against him. I personally would've killed Merle as soon as I saw him.

14. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

I would too. Not even a second thought. As soon as he got close enough to be a sure hit, BOOM.

15. marsyao

marsyao Member

Glad I am not your brother, besides, how could you trust a man who would not give a damn someone kills his brother?

16. rabscuttle1

My brother isn't a racist piece of shit that treated me like a dog when we were kids. Merle is human ****in' waste and deserves to die. And I think Daryl knows this.

17. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

If Glenn killed Merle Daryl woulda been pissed that it wasn't Daryl that ended him.

Atleast I want to think that's how it would've played out.

18. trinity

trinity Member

Merle was member of their group for how long? Yes he was a ass hole prick..but if he was a dick to the others in a way that was harmful to the woman or kids, Shane would of done something I feel..

Merle was high as a kite on the roof.. maybe he was more "charming" when not high back at camp and not beating up people. Or he was on good behavior in front of Shane and let lose when outside of camp on the roof and got high.

Everyone was annoyed at Merle and Daryl, we know Daryl was at least providing food for the camp and was a somewhat useful member we have no idea how Merle was for the most part.. I mean Dale almost high fived Andrea for shooting Daryl so manybe glen should of just took out Merle without a thought.

From early on Daryl seemed to be trusted with the groups woman so they must of felt simi safe with the family.. unless thats why Rick gave Lori the gun when Daryl led the woman back to the RV on the search for sofia and Andrea throw that hissy fit about it. lol

Hell Ricks wife even sent her husband to go get Merle when she seen how upset Daryl was, and she did not seem all that happy about the gun bag and seemed to poo-poo the idea of Rick going back for it but a few Daryl tears and she is packing Rick a sammy for the road.... or maybe she just wanted more alone time with Shane lol..

Merle was not a loss to the group from their point of veiw , but I don't think he was a kill on sight..
    Daryl was REALLY close to him, even after a life time, I don't think you lose that in eight months..

#18 trinity, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  19. rabscuttle1

People that are abused change a lot and fast when they get away from their abusers.

20. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Glenn's first mistake was not taking cover the second Merle showed up. His second was not taking command of the situation immediately. If he had they would have been in the car and driving away instead of captured. BTW, before someone says it, remember Merle was 'almost in the red zone' and would have been stupid to risk gunshots without a vehicle to get out with.

Merle was probably the first living person (except for the prisoners) that they have seen and Merle WAS, at one time, a member of the group and IS the brother of one of your group.