Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Question about the standoff scene

Discussion in 'Episode 306 - Hounded' started by Walker Bait, Nov 21, 2012.

1. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Still should have plugged him.

2. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

I would have, but Glenn is a better person and is now gonna suffer for it.

3. RDZ

RDZ Member

You shoot to kill, you don't shoot to incapacitate. If you pull a gun on someone, be prepared to shoot to kill.

It appears that Glenn and Maggie are going to regret not having shot Merle when they had the chance.

4. kjmarket

kjmarket Member

Poor decision? I'd like to see you easily shoot someone when you had never shot a person before. Glen BELONGS in TWD and I'd trust him with my life. He puts himself in harms way all the time for others and you call him a sissy? Did anyone else volunteer to go down the well in season 2? Did Glen ever back down from supply runs? Glad I dont have someone like YOU in my group. YOU seem to belong in a world that is easy to live in rather than the world of TWD.

5. EvoQ

EvoQ Member

No it's true EVERY Gun Expert and Training Professional will tell you that....If you pull a Gun out of it's holster against an Intruder.....you shoot first and ask questions later....no talking, no talking, no threatening, none of that ..You pull a gun because of a threat, you shoot that gun......here read this about one of the USA's top Professional Gun Trainers/Consultants Massad Ayoob---->http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/35965-massad-ayoobs-ten-commandments-cc.html

You pull it, you use it. Ayoob has a great statement, of that he would much rather wake up the next morning in a jail cell, then to be beneath 6 feet of dirt !

6. kjmarket

kjmarket Member

You talk, though, as if you'd be able to shoot someone easily your first time. Thats all I was saying. Yes you do not pull out a gun and not use it, however not everyone CAN use it. That is also true.

7. trinity

trinity Member

I wish I seen that more in my years in looking at foster care cases.. Most seem to have a strong bond to family no matter how bad the abuse and a deep seated wish to return to their Bio family.

8. RDZ

RDZ Member

Well, I think that is a foregone conclusion at this point, I guess we will soon see how poor a decision it was not to immediately shoot Merle. Glenn was trying to take control of the situation, he just didn't take it far enough and Merle tricked him with the whole two gun situation. Glenn is a novice overall like most people, not a trained killer. Had Glenn and/or Maggie used the car as cover, they could have limited their exposure to Merle and been able to fire first or more easily and safely return fire.

Woulda, coulda shoulda.

Shooting another human isn't an easy thing (in current day society specifically), but it would be far easier in a ZA scenario, these guys are dealing with death on a daily basis.

Glenn has done many things very well, risking his neck, sometimes too risky like that whole "walker in a well" nonsense.

I think Rick's group needs every able bodied person possible right now, Glen was the least of their worries (well, until he got nabbed by Merle that is).

9. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

You don't shoot to kill, you shoot to stop. Center mass. Death is a probable result. Shooting for a hand, arm or leg is moronic, hollywood horseshit.

Everyone who has shot someone has had a first time. You get over it. I've called Glenn a better person than I am, because he tried to think it though. I would have taken the shot and the consequences.

10. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

I'd like to see a person like Glenn telling Daryl he shot and killed his brother.

Every character has his flaws and this is Glenn's.
    And people seem to forget Glenn never kills humans, he never did it in the comics... I even think he was the only main character who never did it apart from Dale. I don't even think this is spoilers anyway...

#30 Voncroy, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  11. EvoQ

EvoQ Member

I think that scene was not written out correctly......Glenn is far from a pussy and not afraid to kill, I don't think Glenn had any qualms about killing Merle. that wasn't the issue, the issue is that the writers had a scenario that just did not add up to a realistic rendition. You know for a fact that Merle has absolutely No Qualms about killing, or killing anyone for that matter. If it came down to it, Melrr would take out the Guvnor if Merle thought it was for his own good. The writers should have had Glenn tell Maggie to get in the truck/Vehicle..Immediately, and then Glenn would have held off Merle and then they would have left safely together. But having Maggie that close to Merle, was not believable..Merle is Not that fast...and the whole using his Stump like he has been doing is just unrealistic also. Merle has to have Major Nerve Damage from a self inflicted hatchet job amputation...that in itself is almost un believable..but we know of the whole 127 hours movie....but at least that guy had no feeling in his arm, his arm was dead in all reality from lack of blood loss...no way Merle could have cut his won arm off with a Hacksaw, or lived to use that stump like superman...last week when he disarmed Michonne of her sword, that was insane. His stump would be so slow, and also so sensitive. Unless he is so doped up on pain killers, then he would be almost useless. I know cause I am going thru a crazy back surgery recovery...I'll be out for a year. a Whole year of my life healing up and recuperating...then Ill have major nerve damage for the rest of my life...But they have Merle out there doing back flips...lol...

12. TheHiddenMan

TheHiddenMan Member

some people here seem to forget the most important thing

surprise

glenn was surprised because he knew merle! that takes reaction time down. for maggie i can see her shooting but she was acting like the most people would act...duck!

13. trinity

trinity Member

HAHA yeah... anyone else could of shot Merle and kept it a secret, but not Glen. Maggie gave a look like, Damn Glen will tell Darel if I just shoot this SOB huh?

14. Walker Shane

Walker Shane Member

they both should have circled around him and stood on each end. Kind of like how Dave and Tony did but with their guns drawn.

15. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I had some very badly abused friends growing up and it was the opposite with them.

16. Team Daryl

Team Daryl Member

Well for all of those saying that they would shoot Merle in that situation, unless you have already purposfully shot another human in your lives please refrain from saying that you would. I think everyone thinks they would but you don't know until you are placed in that situation. Personally I probably would have ended up doing the same thing as Glen, not because I'm weak but because thats something you definetly need to mull over if you still have a conscious. Merle had connections within the group and I feel as if Daryl would of not been so happy to hear that his brother was shot by one of them. With Daryl, then not trusting the group again, who has Rick's back? Daryl and T-Dog where the two people he trusted when killing zombies. Rick would call for Daryl and Daryl would call for T-Dog. We saw how long it took for Daryl to recover in season 2. Nearly a whole season. The group would, IMO then become broken again with less reliable people to maintain stability.

17. Cons72

Cons72 Member

Merle: My brother still alive?

Rick: Yes, but you're not. *bang*

18. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

he doesn't keep secrets well.

19. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

No need to keep it a secret.

"Oh hey, Darryl. Ran into your brother in town. Told the bastard to stop coming toward me and he didn't, even after I drew on him. So I had to shoot the sorry piece of shit. Peace out, brah."

20. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

but that wouldn't lead to a cool kidnapping!