Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Question about the standoff scene

Discussion in 'Episode 306 - Hounded' started by Walker Bait, Nov 21, 2012.

1. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

And I think that, more than anything else, is why he didn't get filled full of lead.

2. marsyao

marsyao Member

Is this before or after Daryl put an arrow into your eye?

See, it will not be OK for me if someone kills my brother even if he is a A**hole, if a person has no problem about someone kills one of his family member, then that is a person you shall never trust.

#42 marsyao, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

After killing Merle, Glenn should go to Daryl and tell him to his face he killed his brother because his brother was trying to kill him. If Daryl has a problem with that Glenn should shoot him too before Daryl can pick up his bow. there's no law out there. They've already had both people and zombies try and kill them. There's no reason for him to put himself in harm's way for no reason.

4. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

You must not have any true bastards in your family. I have a cousin whose older brother beat the shit out of him and then pissed and shit on him while he was unconscious. When my cousin came around he went and fought his brother again. This time his brother put him in the hospital. Blood is thinner than water and doesn't mean shit. You chose your family. Someone with the same blood is just a relative.

5. marsyao

marsyao Member

I am not saying Glenn should never kill Merle, it would be justified if Merle makes a move to threat his or Maggie's life, but he should never kill Merle on the sight, because Merle is not a stranger like those five prisoners, he is Daryl's brother and Daryl is his friend, it would his wrong to kill friend's family without provocation, after Merle fired that shot and went for Maggie, sure it is justified for Glenn to kill Merle, and he would have a case to explain to Daryl "Sorry, bro, you brother tried to kill me, he gave me no choice". Knowing his brother well, Daryl would understand though he still would be pissed and may give Glenn silent treatment for a while, eventually they will make up. But if Daryl find out Glenn killed his brother on the sight without provocation, that would not work, someone would have to pay for this.

6. marsyao

marsyao Member

That is not the same case between Merle and Daryl, you could see these two brothers do care for each other, when Daryl knew Merle was left behind, he few into a rage almost knifed Rick, even after he gave up the search, he still felt guilty about it, you can see this in his illusion in the season 2, in which Merle blamed him for giving up him so easily. On the other side, Merle wants to go out to search his brother as soon as he know Daryl may still alive. That tells us although Merle was never an ideal brother, the history between these two brothers are not all bad. Different story to what happened in your family.

7. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

has anyone in ricks group, besides rick and oscar, killed a person yet on screen? not only has glenn never killed a person, neither has darryl, even though i'm sure darryl is more willing than glenn

8. Geek the Lamebrain

Hershel shot that guy. Technically didn't kill him (the zombies did), but...

9. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

hershel sort of. not sure about anyone else. a few in the comics.

10. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Daryl put Dale down.

11. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

I seriously can't see Glenn EVER kill Merle. Glenn doesn't kill people! Even in the comics, he never killed one, not even an enemy. That doesn't make him a sissy, what a ridiculous claim. Glenn is a good guy, he doesn't want to get his hands dirty, even if it was to kill Merle. I simply cannot imagine a discussion between Glenn and Daryl going right from that point on.

Let me say that people have a lot of faith in Daryl, but no matter what he's still bounded with Merle. One episode where he collects zombie ears can't possibly change the total course of a disfunctional relantionship that lasted an entire life. In a way, I think Daryl thinks Merle died, seeing him alive will be a surprise for him.

12. page

page Well-Known Member

Michonne probably knows the back story from Andrea so she probably knows they are brothers. Question is, will she tell the group that Merle is there. I assume she would.

13. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

I don't think Michonne even knows who Daryl is. I hardly think she even knows Daryl is in the prison. She knows Merle is after is baby brother, but has no idea who he is. I'm thinking Rick and his group are going after Woodburry without knowing Merle is among them. But will Michonne spell Merle's name? She ain't good with words though :zombies_lol:

14. marsyao

marsyao Member

Michonne knows Daryl, Andrea told Michonne everything about her past and her group.

15. DalekSec

DalekSec Active Member

Precisely.

While it may seem easy on screen to drop some bugger, few sane folks can do it on instinct without a good deal of pretty nasty training and experience. There is a reason most modern forces and police agencies use paper targets and now video games with anthropomorphic forms. One has to desensitize the average person to the idea of taking a human life.

Yes, in my own case I would have popped Merle and forgotten to tell Daryl about any of it but, my own circumstances are a bit different from the general norm. Further, the way Merle was holding Maggie with the Colt Govt. to her head, for example...I know the trigger pull on that weapon is 5 -6 pounds of pressure. As Merle's melon was so nicely exposed, I would have taken the shot as close as Glenn was and been pretty sure that any reflex on Merle's part would not have fired the Colt.

Yes, I haz teh issues... LOL

16. RDZ

RDZ Member

Agreed, but I have to think if you are regularly decapitating, splitting heads in half, jamming knives into the heads of zombies, that shooting a human isn't too much of a stretch. I'd have to think all of Rick's group has been pretty well desensitized. Glenn and Maggie just froze up and didn't think very tactically. The way Maggie's was waving that gun up and down, I thought she was trying to shoo a fly away, Glenn seemed a little more trained on Merle, but still failed. He had his gun drawn and aimed at Merle, no way Merle should have been able to draw that 1911 from the back of his pants and shoot the back of that Suburban before Glenn should have fired.

Oh well, it is television.

I'd taken that shot as well, the risk was far better than the risks of being captured in my opinion.

17. webergal

webergal Member

Merle is a cold blood killer. He doesn't just want to know where his brother is, he wants to know where the others are because he has a vendetta against Rick. That's why he wasn't willing to have Daryl come to him as Glenn insisted.

On Glenn, he's always been the one to help the others but he's young, and since his relationship with Maggie, he has made decisions that were not good, such as when he wasn't going to tell the group about the walkers in the barn. Another was him and Maggie making out in the guard tower when they can share a cell bed where they can screw all night. And he had that blank look on his face when Rick told him to stay behind when Hershel's leg got cut off. I mean his girlfriend's father might die, she and her sister were going to freak out, and Glenn shouldn't have given it a second thought to stay behind with them.

Glenn doesn't have gut instinct but he's become a valued member of Rick's group. He's just not leader material. I have a feeling if he makes it out of Woodbury, with or without Maggie, he'll never be the same again.

18. Sixfootbrunette

Maybe it was more shock on Glen's part that stood before him was Merle...a guy they left on the top of a roof and probably thought he'd never see again. As for Maggie, I think she was more confused by Glen's facial expressions as it was obvious he knew him. She wasn't gonna shoot someone if there was a chance she shouldn't.

19. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Michonne "knows" Daryl, but can't recognize him, that's what I meant. It's not like she's going to the prison and the first thing she says when she meets him: "hey Daryl, I heard so much about you!". Unless, of course, Andrea travels with a picture of him for girls to see, which, btw, would make Andrea a little more popular in TWD fanbase I'm sure :zombies_lol:

20. marsyao

marsyao Member

I figure Rick and Daryl will introduce themselves to Michonne as soon ass she settled down