Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Question about the TWD novels

Discussion in 'Novels and Paperbacks' started by lastcat3, May 28, 2014.

1. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I have a question about the TWD novels (the ones I know about are 'Rise of the Governor' and 'Road to Woodberry'. Was wondering are they very good books and worth the read? Also are they supposed to take place in the comic universe or the television show universe?I'm currently going through the comics (not far yet as I have yet to even be introduced to the Governor just yet) and was wondering if those two books are necessary reads and if they are just meant to give added depth to the character of the Governor?

2. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

They're basically just added material revolving around the Governor. Not necessarily must-read material, but more of a bonus for fans. I don't really consider them part of TWD "canon", but that's just my personal view of them.

They are extensions of the comic book, not the TV series. And I suggest you don't read them until you've made it through the Woodbury/Prison arc in the comic.

3. wdfanatic2

wdfanatic2 Member

I've read Rise and Fall of the governor, which I liked. I need to go back and read "Road to Woodbury". Not having read the comics, I can't compare the two.

4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I'm the opposite-- I read the comics but not the novels. I'd definitely reccomend them. By the way, OP, you're in for some surprises. Some things you'll see coming. Some you won't.

5. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

This. Though if you have read the prison arc then part 1 of Fall is very skippable in my eyes.

6. Zombiechick

Zombiechick New Member

I liked Rise of the Governor and The Road to Woodbury but Fall of the Gov part 1 was...just Okay. And it was so weak having Fall of the Gov part 2. Part 2 seriously? Part 2 was better than part 1. I will read more of the novels but I wish he would write a backstory on some of the TV characters and stop with Lily already. (jmo)