Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Question about the walls

Discussion in 'Episode 610 - The Next World' started by head shot, Feb 23, 2016.

1. head shot

head shot New Member

They showed uncompleted walls in the middle of Alexandria a few different times. I must have missed them in previous episodes. Are they old walls from when they expanded or are they in the middle of building them for some reason?

2. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I'm filing this under the same category as why are the dang supports still on the outside? Oh, and what happened to that huge gaping hole the 18-wheeler and then the walkers tore through it, and all the dead bodies?
    All that goes in a file folder and I am putting it away, because maybe one day we will get a perfectly logical explanation for it all.

3. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

They've had two months to clear the truck, repair the damaged wall and clear all the walkers. I am curious about the wall in the middle too. If its new then it could be partitioning, to split the town up and make it easier to defend, or they might be creating an inner walled area like a castle keep, when everyone could run to if there was a future problem.

4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I have decided that it is an expansion that left the partial wall sitting inside the new walls.
    The expansion allows for the crops they are trying to get going and it is easier to expand and just leave the old wall than to tear it down and maybe the names of the dead are on that wall and so it is a memorial of sorts too?

Who knows?

I know I can go crazy…..er if I try to understand too much from out 42 minutes a week exposure to this world.

5. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

I would think that the wall in the middle was part of an old wall before they started the expansion. they will be taking that down to use at a later point for future expansion - unless it was the wall with the names on it. that would serve as a memorial or sorts.

6. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

could be from the construction site.

7. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

They were taking sections down after expanding as they did in the comic... *sigh* Neither universe learned I suppose.

More walls=More protection.

8. Cons72

Cons72 Member

They were showing expansion walls going up.

If you recall from the previous episode, the church those new walls are going up next to is the same church Enid and Glenn went to while preparing to rescue Maggie.

9. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Well they can't put the support beams on the inside because the walls are too close to the houses.

10. tsahi

tsahi Member

There's an interesting discussion on reddit about the external support beams. The short answer is, that beams well attached to the wall and the ground would withstand stretch forces much better than compression, so long as the connection points are holding. If they were on the inside, they would have collapsed under lower pressure on the walls than if they were on the outside. https://www.reddit.com/r/thewalking...oiler_why_are_the_walls_of_alexandria_braced/ .

11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Either way if they are inside you can not climb up and get in the compound.
    Seems like a no brainer to me but then I am no architect .

12. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Those before me mentioned that the 'middle' walls are being taken down - they're right. You can see a few extras in 6x10 dismantling the old wall as Daryl and Denise chat. Looks like they finally completed the expanded walls as we saw in 6x07/8 and are now taking down the old sections.

13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yep. Even though it would be better to leave them there, and compartmentalize the safe zone.