Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

QUESTION...is it possible..

Discussion in 'Episode 503 - Four Walls and a Roof' started by gavuk, Oct 30, 2014.

1. gavuk

gavuk Member

QUESTION...is it possible..to pull the trigger on a silenced weapon twice (across a darkened church) and hit two fingers and blow them away?

Or is this TWD artisiic licence again

2. mfinley

mfinley Member

Pretty near impossible, especially with a silencer picked up somewhere and put on a weapon you've have no time spent with before hand. A head shot on the first shot from over 20 feet with a hand gun is not guaranteed, especially not the way Rick shoots which is one handed, one handed would be near impossible except for a professional who is practicing regularly. Add in 2 quick head shots makes the odds even worse.

Everybody on TWD is a crack head shot.
    But hey, it's fun to watch!

3. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

I figure if Rick, being zip tied and 30 seconds from getting his throat slit, can make a threat to kill his captor with a very specific weapon - and carry through - shooting fingers off in the dark is all in a day's work.

So hawt

4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

If you are RMFG it is :D

5. Bernadette

Bernadette Well-Known Member

If I was aiming for something else, it may be possible

6. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Difficult? Yes.

Impossible? No. Go on youtube and watch some videos about Jerry Mickulek and Bob Munden. Nothing is impossible.

and iirc it was only one shot to take both fingers. I'm no ballistics expert. But I've seen bullets do some pretty f*cked up things to a deer. I'd buy it.

7. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Why would it matter if it was silenced or not? If your a good enough shot, you'd hit the fingers. A silencer doesn't have anything to do with accuracy. If anything it improves it because it acts as a muzzle break.

8. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Plot twist: He pulled the trigger by accident, didn't even mean to shoot but took Gareth's fingers off and accepted his badass mistake.

9. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Yeah, he was aiming for his stomach...because he's that guy.

10. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

He was going to shoot him in the knees and bash his face in with a crowbar.

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Maybe because a silencer makes it harder to aim? Because you can't line up that little notch thingy with your target? I'm just guessing here, I've never even touched a silencer in my life. I'm not even sure I've ever been in the same room with one.

12. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I would think that those baseball bat silencers they had the beginning of last season would wreak havoc with accuracy... but they looked cool and I liked to see them using what they had to make do.

13. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

He was a sheriff lol. Typically, they train you how to aim.

14. Wombat

Wombat Member

yeah...*nods*

I don't know guns... So to me..... It was just another awesome scene to add to this season's 'Dirty Harry' Rick :)

15. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

My favourite example of what a sniper can do.

[video=youtube;Aeoca-VmpcM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aeoca-VmpcM[/video]

Warning: Commentary is extremely irritating.

Though I doubt that even RMFG is that good.

16. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

If you mean Gareth it was one shot. If you mean the other guys I think rick didn't shoot them

17. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I thought that too, but I need to do another pass on that scene to be sure... All the shots heard in the church sounded as if they were supposed to be silenced shots and I do not recall anyone but Rick having a silencer attached. But Glenn did pick up three of them earlier, so maybe one of the people who were given pause by the brutality aided in those first shots (Tara is a pretty good candidate, since she is a good shot.) I will reserve judgment that Rick can clean house solo with a gun until I can further assess if anyone else had silencers. I am pretty sure Abe and Michonne were silencer-free, but need a better look at everyone else's firearms.

18. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

I re-watched this scene several times and the only one's who had suppressed/silenced weapons were Rick, Sasha and Glenn. Sasha had the night scope rifle, so she most likely took at least one of the first two shots. imo

Abe, Michonne and Tara definitely not, and Maggie had a shotgun.

19. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

I worked in this town (Dublin OH) and was just a couple miles away when (and where) this happened, it was big news all over the tv at the time.

#19 jj_vsp, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  20. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I was going to say that very thing. Unless that is a flash surpressor, we know where each of the silencers wound up. Thank you.