Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Questions Abound

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Leave What You Don't' started by Dnae, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

but not in that "OMG what is going to happen" excited kind of way

more like the Dazed and Confused question of "huh?"

For instance. If Logan was working for Annie Oakley to find the oil fields then one would logically deduce that Annie Oakley and the Rough Riders also did not know where the oil fields were. Then how is it that Annie Oakley was able ride up on these same oil fields at just the right time?

And what is up with her damn gaucho pants look?

Granted I only watched the last 15 minutes of the episode so correct me if I am mistaken. But didn't either Alicia or Strand mention (while they were jogging down the highway) that they did not know where exactly their next rescue person was? If that is in fact the case then how the hell did discount Heath know where she was? And how is it he so quickly disposed of those walkers? I mean there were more than just a few and he fired .... "pew, pew, pew, pew" and then BAM he had them all downed and was commencing rescue numero uno - initiation into the do-gooders club has begun!

#1 Dnae, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

That's correct, the Clown Cowboy Posse should not have known where the oil fields were. Logan said he found it by watching the stupid videotapes Morgan put together. It tipped him off to where it was filmed. So I guess the CCP could've done the same thing, or they used their psychic power to track them down.

3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I'm literally just watching people run around with no thought to what the plot is anymore.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

You missed something people. Unsexy bandidas was "watching" everybody. On and off the screen, she was following the whole thing, both crews, at all time.

It's well known tha horses do a hell of a stealth job.

If I wasn't such a lazy ass, I'd photoshop her hidden in every important scenes from previous episodes.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Well due to lack of important scenes that should not take too long!!

Okay okay she was watching - but then WHY send boring villain dude on a wild goose chase? Just to see him run around in circles? Of course this show is nothing but one big circle jerk so why the hell not!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I can explain one point. The rescue person said on the walkie that she was at Mile Marker 65--or something explicit like that. It was a place where Logan, too, had rushed up on foot after he, too, had run out of gas, after he, too, had been unable to raise his partner (Desert Fox to Polar Bear, Where are you) on the walkie to say Go help that person. The parallels were obnoxiously IDENTICAL. All to give Logan an epiphany that just because he couldn't help the last person at that spot didn't mean the Do Gooders Club would fail, so he should believe again and become a good guy again. (He instantly became a bad guy back when he had been unable to help his rescue person at Mile Marker 65, and Polar Bear hadn't been able to get to the person because Sarah had taken his rig. So, naturally, this is all it takes to turn Logan back into a good guy rescuer.)

If you had watched it, you would have hated the episode more than you do. It had the subtlety of a frying pan.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Ouch :)

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. naossano

naossano Member

More likely the cowboys gave Logan the location, but he had to recruit a crew and find some weapons first. He left the map at C and L.

10. Lindigo

This is EXACTLY how I am watching the show. LMAO!

This is also how I watch Lodge 49. For The Affair, there's not much plot to keep track of so that's not an issue, but I watch people run around with no thought to who some people even are and how anyone is related to anyone else anymore. LOL

I just love your description of how I started watching those three shows this year. Besides that, this is going to be the last season of almost every show I love. I despair of TV generally, but in a way that makes me giggle when I think about it.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Stealth

How is The Affair this season? I thought they should've ended it with the last season. I just don't have that much interest in picking it back up again.

12. Lindigo

This is the last season, thank God, because it is totally off the rails for me. They did a big time jump so Joanie is all grown up now and having sadomasochistic sex. No context yet.

Initially I appreciated that The Affair showed the repercussions on everyone, but now there are so many ripples in the pond it's too much for me.

The POV feature has become so extreme, I wonder if they have evolved a bit into representing a person's future memories, i.e. looking backwards to a place where time passage sometimes distorts objective truth and represents the character's emotional truth.

Because I did like it at the beginning, I figured I would try a rewatch someday when it is all over, where I can pick it up from last season and binge through the final two seasons so it won't present any WTH memory challenges for me.

My review is through the filter of having a brain thing where it is already a challenge for me to distinguish faces sometimes, so when characters start being played by other people due to a time jump and other people have make-up changes, it can be a curve ball for me. So I don't know if other people would experience the show remotely similarly.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lindigo

Oh, P.S., the time jump is big enough that they are showing some fascinating imaginary technological advances. At a birthday party, kids pulled poppers that projected animated bursts across the night sky, like a bunny that hops once or twice before fading out like fireworks--SO COOL. I was all, I WANT THOSE!!!! LOL

14. Stealth

It was actually good TV in the beginning because the POV often showed a different story from the one we saw previously. So it was left up to the audience to figure out where the truth was. We also had some mystery involved in terms of the death of Cole's brother.

There were flashes from last season that were good, like Noah and Cole traveling together and some of the mystery around Allison's death. That had a bit of a feel of the early seasons.

I just didn't like the synopsis that I heard for this season so I haven't been motivated to watch it. I eventually will though since I invested in the other seasons. It looks like a case of a show that just went on too long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Lindigo

Yes. It used to be that you were trying to figure out who was lying, but lately it seems to me people are actually believing things that I don't think happened. I can't think of an example because I really do just let it flow now.

I have become really upset about Allison's death and people not being able to untangle it. So unfair, just like real life.... I want justice for her, damn it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stealth

Yes, that was heartbreaking at the end with Cole too, regarding Allison's death. I liked them more on the show than Noah/Helen. Cole and Allison were always more real and multi-dimensional to me. The other two weren't as likable for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

The plot in this season and last been so weird. It is like they took all the dumped filler episodes that been cut from the normal show and crammed em all into a show.

A lot of unprepared people out there with no weapons too. While some have hordes of people, dressed like John Dories evil twins.With female cowboy Governor coming up as a villian.