Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Quit Smoking Journal

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PepperAnn, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

O.k., so this started out being a post on how societal perception of smoking has changed. This image is of a boy smoking a cigar to advertise the sale of *houses*, but if you enlarge the ad and read it, it's really creepy. They say their houses don't come with a picture window, because the people inside don't want to look out or have others looking in. I mean, I'm all for privacy and all, but...

[​IMG]

2. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I’m currently in the process of quitting. My partner hates the taste of cigarettes, so I’ve been using that as an excuse and it’s really difficult. I’ve noticed that I’ve started gaining a lot of weight too

3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Good luck, TGO.

Do you feel you eating that much more, or do you think it is a change in your body's chemistry?

4. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Bit of both o_O

5. Lindigo

Yeah. I suspected a metabolic change was involved, because it couldn't be just calories when so many people have the same response to stopping smoking. Some people just aren't that much interested in food.

Your looks are important to your work, so it must be particularly maddening for you to see that happening. Don't let the addiction use it to talk you back in!!!! I'm rooting for you, TGO!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Thank you!

Yeah, it’s a bit tricky. I’m down to one at breakfast and one at work if I’m at my day job, but it’s less appealing these days. Like; my mouth just feels disgusting

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lindigo

@PepperAnn, I remember you said your problem with e-cigs on your break time was that you couldn't tell if you were getting your full amount of nicotine in the same amount of time, and you didn't want to feel cheated. I was catching up on some episodes of The Doctor, and they said it is the nicotine that keeps you coming back to cigarettes, but it is the smoke that kills you. So I say switch over to the vaping whenever you can and supplement with a cigarette only if you truly feel an urgent need. From the e-cigs, you can still get the physiological nicotine impact that you want, but not the deadly smoke. Plus, no second-hand smoking cancer because of no smoke.

Personally I walk the long way around anyone vaping because I still dislike the smell, but I will feel a little bit better about it now. Yes, the e-cigs have bad stuff in them, too, but the answer about which is better for you as a nicotine delivery-system is the e-cigs.

What do you think?

8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Meh. That means I gotta find my vape. Lmao

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. wallet

wallet New Member

The first day is easier, if you really plan to quit smoking you must be well decided because after a few days it will be harder for you to not take a cigarette.

10. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

I quit a little while back. Every now and then i get an urge but i cant choke down a whole cig anymore. So my last three attempts have been on the same cigarette. I light it, take one puff and have to put it out because it tastes so disgusting. I pinch off the end and put it back. So quitting isnt a one and done thing. Like a diet, you will falter, but you cant give up because you have a break. There was a study that showed willpower is finite. No matter how good your intension you will occasionally slip. Just start over and the breaks will get fewer and further between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  11. Newtbro

Newtbro Member

Good for you. Stay strong and keep your mind clear.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I'm very proud of you! Keep up the good work!

13. DeadZedHead

Thanks

14. DeadZedHead

I don’t know if ill ever have a clear mind

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Athanas

Athanas New Member

But why do some people beg for troubles? Smoking has very devastating health effects on the body so we should always quit smoking.

16. Athanas

Athanas New Member

17. Athanas

Athanas New Member

This is the best decision you have made so far to quit smoking. You see it is accompanied by many advantages.

18. PepperAnn

Said from a non smoker. LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Lindigo

I remember that thread where we could all talk to show what our voices sounded like. We would have known you were a smoker even if you had never told us. I've always wondered, does your voice sound the same after the surgery? (Oh, wait, you didn't have the surgery. lol But does it sound different now?)

20. PepperAnn

Nope. I have been lucky my voice isn't that bad for a smoker. Lol

• Like Like x 1