Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Quit Smoking Journal

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PepperAnn, Feb 12, 2018.

1. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

For some people that is easier said than done. It took me a couple of times before I was able to really quit. And that was after burying both parents to smoke related illnesses. I was finally able to quit for good about 15 years ago, before I buried a brother to a smoke related illness. My oldest sister and her husband still smoke like chimneys. My point is it's just not that easy for some people to put the cigarettes down, even when they know the health risks. It is very addictive and the tobacco companies have had to pay some states in lawsuits because of the health risks.

PepperAnn - keep plugging along. It may take a couple of attempts but you will get there! Myself I found it helped if I found if I else to try to distract myself when I wanted a cigarette. Eventually it worked. I also took up running, which was another thing for me to strive for.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

@PepperAnn, I imagine you have already seen the vape warnings for deaths, but just in case not:

3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah I know that’s not an option anymore. I started a thread several years ago asking if vaping is bad. We just didn’t know. I’ve thrown them out the last couple weeks. Ugh

4. Lindigo

Oh, good. You are way on top of this.

I remember thinking vaping was better than smoking. Maybe the process is cleaner but there is a killer component in some of the solutions. I'm curious to see who gets their pants sued off.

My asthmatic self says inhaling anything into lungs other than the cleanest possible air is just asking for trouble. I have a friend who is selling essential oils that diffuse into the air. Even that worries me for her family and her dog.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

There is a big unregulated market at swap meets and stuff. They sell to kids and everything. When my stepson was in middle school, they all vaped between classes and during lunch. I was blown away. It had to be banned school by school. Not for health concerns but because it was a distraction. It was like candy. Vaped all day every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Lindigo

I feel so sorry for those kids. I see the appeal, too, because it looks cool even to me. They can't begin to understand lung issues. I like to hope the latest news will scare them off.

7. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

You have to wonder if it's the vaping itself or the purity of the compounds being used when vaping though. I wouldn't be surprised if the .gov rigidly controlled the compounds in a vaping device it didn't turn out to be safer than cigarettes. LOL, it seems it would be hard for it NOT to be.

Of course, by far and away the MOST healthy thing you could do to lengthen your life and improve your health would be to NOT smoke or vape at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...fer-than-smoking-claims-public-health-england

8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

It's just weird to me that all of a sudden after several years of vaping, this is happening.......?

• Friendly Friendly x 1