Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

R.I.P. -- The Obit Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by westwingnut, Aug 10, 2015.

1. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Kate McKinnon sings 'Hallelujah'

[video]https://youtu.be/BG-_ZDrypec[/video]

2. Noelle

Noelle New Member

She should have given up before attempting to sing that overused song

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. tink

tink Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;Ms_oQHkyFEM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms_oQHkyFEM[/video]

4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

5. Lindigo

6. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

RIP Florence Henderson. The Brady Bunch is a whole lot smaller now,.

7. Sharpie61

In Memory of a wholesome family show. And a song that will stick with you forever.

[video]https://youtu.be/85jKDa2zpus[/video]

8. Sharpie61

And another one is gone.

RIP Ron Glass. Loved you in Barney Miller, but remember you more as The Devil, in the New Twilight Zone.

[​IMG]

9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

10. Sharpie61

RIP John. You are now soaring amongst the stars.

11. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

And now Alan Thicke. RIP

12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

13. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

14. Lindigo

When I heard Alan Thicke had died, the announcement said he had written some annoying theme songs (annoying to me), so I wondered if Easy Street was another one he had written. I googled, Who wrote Easy Street, and found this charming story.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-3-what-is-the-easy-street-song-a7401941.html

So, now that I have brought it up, I have to answer it. These are the theme songs he wrote:

Thicke had a successful career as a TV theme song composer, often collaborating with his then-wife Gloria Loring on these projects, which included the themes to the popular sitcoms Diff'rent Strokes and The Facts of Life.[SUP][11][/SUP] He also wrote a number of TV game show themes, including The Wizard of Odds (for which he also sang the vocal introduction),[SUP][12][/SUP] The Joker's Wild, Celebrity Sweepstakes, The Diamond Head Game, Animal Crack-Ups (which he co-wrote with his brother Todd Thicke and Gary Pickus), Blank Check, Stumpers!, Whew!,[SUP][13][/SUP] and the original theme to Wheel of Fortune.[SUP][14][/SUP] Thicke was a popular songwriter. He co-wrote "Sara", a solo hit for Bill Champlin and included on the latter's Runaway album (1981).[SUP][15][/SUP]

15. Sharpie61

RIP to Dr. Henry Heimlich. If it weren't for him, a lot of people would have chocked to death.

[​IMG]

Dr, Heimlich finally had to use this technique, for the first time, this past May, when someone started choking, on a piece of meat..

16. Sharpie61

RIP Zsa Zsa You were a Dahling.

[​IMG]

17. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

This was long overdue, her life was just suffering, and she hasn't even known who she was for maybe 3 years, I don't think.

18. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

haha, I used to watch this show when I was a kid. My mom would tape it and watch it in the evening and we only had one TV. It got to the point where I actually knew all the characters and the stupid plots lol. Some years later, I went to the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade one year, and Stefano and some other actress on the show went by on a float. And about 2 minutes later, a block from where we were standing, one of the balloons hit a lamp post, and the lamp part fell off and put a woman into a coma. About 10 years later, a plane flew into the same woman's apartment building and the plane's engine ended up in her bedroom. Some people have all the luck ;/

19. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

My mom watched it too when i was a kid and I remember during summer break from school is when they would always have their most extravagant storylines, i think because they knew they had a larger audience during those months lol. The first summer i remember watching, I was maybe going into 7th grade and "Carly" was buried alive by "Vivian" in a coffin that had a speaker set up so she could talk to her. It was so intriguing to me, i watched all summer and got to know all the characters. I watched off and on for several summers and finally started to lose interest :p

Blast from the past:

[​IMG]

#59 Jen7, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  20. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I stopped watching once I graduated high school. Then my sister (who never stopped) got me hooked on it again a couple years ago when I was staying with her over the summer. It's still over the top. Still awful acting. Still cheesy sotrylines. But I'll be damned if I don't watch it every morning while I am getting ready for work. lol :zombies_blush: