Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

R.I.P. -- The Obit Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by westwingnut, Aug 10, 2015.

1. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

2. Johnnie Walker

Johnnie Walker Well-Known Member

80's legends are dropping like flies. Let's appreciatte the ones we still have.

3. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

I woke up and saw the alert on my phone. Man damn! Grew up listening to Faith and Wake me up before you go go.

RIP

4. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

He was alive and well, then Wham! He's gone just like that. Too soon?

5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

WTH. Another one

RIP Carrie Fisher. We were hoping you would win the battle.
    [​IMG]

6. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

It was his "Last Christmas".

Also, crap, I was hoping she'd pull through. Dammit!

7. Sharpie61

Also, before the end of the year.

Rick Harris From "Everybody hates Chris" age 54

[​IMG]

8. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

9. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Perfect picture, Sharpie.

10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

2016 has been brutal. Let's all hold hands and have a good cry.

[video=youtube;y-JmZ9ADhYg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-JmZ9ADhYg[/video]

11. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

I agree a great picture.
    But this one was one that gave boys and men fantasies for years.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using little or no insight.

#71 DeeLaurean, Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  12. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using little or no insight.

13. Sharpie61

Debbie Reynold's died today. One day after her daughter.

RIP

[​IMG]

14. Lindigo

So sad.

One of the worst days of my life, I experienced painful unstable angina all day long. I bet the stress of her daughter dying threw her heart out of whack. I think it is what causes married couples to sometimes die within days of each other. Pure deadly stress.

15. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Those sort of deaths happened all the time. But, its still fu*ked up! Damn!

Never knew that was Fisher's Mom until this morning.

16. Lindigo

I was happy to read this this morning in that it's nice the experts see the same thing I have seen.

What I learned from my own stressed crushing heart pain is that when something truly devastating happens, I have to go zen and ride it out. I can't let myself stay in the stress because it will kill me.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...bie-reynolds-have-died-broken-heart/95941008/

Can you really die of a broken heart?

Late Wednesday, the stunning word came that vivacious entertainer Debbie Reynoldshad passed away at 84 — one day after her daughter Carrie Fisher, 60, another cherished actress and author, died.

Reynolds' son, Todd Fisher, said the stress of his sister's death was insurmountable. It "was too much" for Reynolds, Fisher told the Associated Press. "She said, 'I want to be with Carrie.' And then she was gone," he said.
    “She’s now with Carrie and we’re all heartbroken."

Reynolds was at Fisher's home in Beverly Hills planning the funeral for her daughter who died Tuesday after a heart attack on a plane last week when she may have suffered a stroke, according to TMZ.

Dying of a broken heart is "absolutely real," grief expert David Kessler tells USA TODAY. "I think it's extremely underdiagnosed. I think it's more common than we believe.

The scenario plays out most often among elderly couples who have shared a deep and enduring bond for decades, Kessler notes. One spouse passes away, and within days — and sometimes hours — the other spouse succumbs.

For parent and child, "it's less seen, but not surprising," Kessler says.

Turns out, women really do suffer from broken hearts. Stress cardiomyopathy, also known as broken heart syndrome, is brought on by the response to a stressful event, such as the death of a loved one or divorce.

The American Heart Association agrees, classifying broken heart syndrome as a medical condition also called stress-induced cardiomyopathy. Women are more likely than men to be stricken, the association says, and will experience sudden, severe chest pain, which is a reaction to a surge of stress hormones triggered by an emotionally painful event. The heart temporarily enlarges, but unlike a heart attack, there is no evidence of blocked heart arteries.
    While the condition is usually treatable, it can lead to severe, short-term heart muscle failure.

Kessler has his own powerful insight into the agony of losing a child. His 21-year-old son died three months ago. "I now have a personal understanding on the deepest level" of trying to soothe an aching heart, he says.

The Los Angeles-based grief expert says he worked with Fisher a number of times. Fisher and Reynolds "were so close. I would not be surprised if part of this was broken heart syndrome."

He recalled Fisher bringing a friend into her home to live out her final days. Fisher "was someone who was very comfortable with death. She took life and death personally," he says.

For everyday people who are struggling to process the parade of high-profile deaths in 2016, they should not feel unnerved that they are distressed by the loss of someone they never knew such as a celebrity, Kessler says. "Your grief is a reflection of a connection that has been lost .... not necessarily someone you met. If your heart feels connected, it will grieve."

Fans gathered around Debbie Reynolds star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Wednesday night, to remember the acting and dancing legend. Reynolds died on Wednesday at the age of 84, one day after the death of her daughter, actress Carrie Fisher.

As for rumblings about celebrity deaths "coming in threes," that isn't statistically accurate, Kessler says. "But our minds like to see patterns and organize it that way."

Kessler offers these words of advice for those particularly shaken by the double hit of Fisher and Reynolds: Do something to help yourself feel more comfortable. "Even though we may not know them, do not take this life for granted. Let me call my mother and tell her how much I love her."

#76 Lindigo, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  17. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

18. Sharpie61

N
    Judith's favorite play toy.

[​IMG]

19. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

William Christopher, aka Father John Mulcahy from M*A*S*H.

[​IMG]

20. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Frat boys everywhere should be making a shrine for this guy!