Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Random deaths??

Discussion in 'Episode 104 - Vatos' started by Hunk, Nov 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Hunk

Hunk Member

This has been buggin me since I saw episode Vatos last year. Watch the footage right when the camp gets attacked after Amy gets bit. There are two random people that get eaten that were never introuced or even seen untill then. There is one black guy that the zombies are eating, and since they don't eat each other..hmmm.. Also an attractive girl running and screaming gets tackled by a zombie..... Who are these people?? Just a couple of random people that never left their tents??? wtf.

Anyone else see that?? I'll try and find a video or screen shot.

2. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

What episode is this?

3. EternalWreckage

EternalWreckage Active Member

^ Season 1 episode 4 Vatos.
    This is what I had to say in another thread.

4. ldncalling

ldncalling Member

Were they in the group that were standing around when Shane approached Jim about digging his holes?

5. Strawberries

Strawberries Member

They were seen before, only not in focus. I remember there was a random woman and her husband (?) briefly seen cutting wood either early in "Vatos" or late in "Tell It To The Frogs".

6. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

As strawberries says, they were seen around the camp before but only as background extras. Basically they were there as a future zombie snack, but they were indeed there.

7. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

I'm just revisiting season 1 and this has been bothering me a bit aswell.
    I counted atleast 7 people that never got properly introduced.
    2 of these are clearly killed on camera during the attack, 3 survived and are shown again during the "wildfire" episode
    (these seemed to be Morales family and leave with him to go to Birmimgham rather than the CDC)

Wich leaves 2 people unaccounted for.
    During AND after the attack, when they are burning and burying bodies !
    They might have run into the woods during the attack and gotten lost I suppose, but it's odd they never mention them or anything.
    It could also be possible they where killed off camera and burned with the walkers, but that doesnt mesh well with their "bury the loved, burn the rest" policy. Glenn atleast seemed pretty adamant on that bit.

It's like they suddenly vanished and where conveniently forgotten.

8. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

The man and woman seen being attacked, as well as the guy being feasted upon, are the nameless survivors seen in the background of various scenes from Days Gone Bye through Vatos. There's about 13 background cast (I did a very extensive analysis and count lol). We don't see all of them die, but since we see none alive in the morning after the attack, its pretty much clear that they're all dead (they're just redshirts/fodder meant to die to show how devastating the attack was). We see none that leave with the rest of the survivors.

9. Hunk

Hunk Member

Still, this is the only big beef I've had so far two Seasons in. I just wish they would have mentioned them or had a few around the campfire the night of the attack. I did go back and see a few of them while Jim was diggin the holes... so that's good enough for me I guess. Just hate random characters that never get mentioned and only have one purpose, Zombie Snack!!

10. daryldixon

daryldixon Member

I wondered this as well. I laughed like hell when I saw that random lady scream and then get eaten.

11. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

They were some random survivors in that group, but probably not important for the story. Used as background extras just to fill out the frame.

12. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

I love the random deaths. It's a total reminder of the awesome cruelty and finality of a ZA apocolypse. Your friends are dead or MIA; your family is dead; and now you're dead. Owwwwwww! The human condition.