Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Random observations and questions on 9.11

Discussion in 'Episode 911 - Bounty' started by offrope, Feb 25, 2019.

1. offrope

offrope Active Member

1. The opening shot shows a wristwatch with the time at 9:11. Is this a reference to the episode number, or could it have more meaning. Clocks seem to crop up frequently.
    2. In another reference to whatever happened during the 6 year time skip, Henry said to Daryl "I know what you did to help Alexandria when things went bad." Daryl responded "No, you don't, not really". During that same scene, we got a close-up look at the scar on Daryl's face that seems to cover his left eye. Probably a connection, but I haven't noticed any similar new scar on Michonne's face. Could her lopsided hair cut have also happened from the same incident?
    3. After Connie rescues the baby and is running through the cornfield, it looked like she was about to get bitten. Daryl saves her at the last moment, of course, but as they're running, we see that Tammy Rose and Earl are also out in the cornfield. How did they get there, and they don't really seem like they'd be the type to do something like that.
    4. I take it that the final montage means that Tammy Rose and Earl are going to adopt the Whisperer baby. Does this mean that Tammy Rose may not get piked?
    5. Where did Addy get her glasses? She seems to be the only one wearing glasses, and there are no Eyeland stores or anything like that. It's unlikely that walkers would still have on their glasses to steal, so where did they come from?
    6. Still no references to Oceanside except for their name appearing on the old charter document.
    7. The opening scene shows Carol with sort of a mid-length haircut. Jerry mentions that his wife is 8 weeks (2 months) pregnant. Later, we see Jerry with a baby that appears to be about a year old. The baby's age and Carols hair length indicates that the meeting may have been about 4 years into the time jump?

2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Yes, the scene with Carol, Zeke and Jerry was something that happened in the time before the current events. It looked like Jerry had three kids after the time jump.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Yes, and Jesus was in it, so we know for sure it was a time jump. Tara had also left Alexandria for good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I like your idea about Michonne's new hair style.

In item three you should have said
    because no
    has yet taken place. It's a simple kindness: PUT THINGS THAT HAVE NOT HAPPENED INTO SPOILER BOXES.

Yes, other people have talked about this future event. That does not make it right.

It is bad conduct such as that that largely keeps me out of the Walking Dead threads in a Walking Dead forum.

Please give the spoiler box option a good faith try. Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I haven't read the comics, but I have heard bits and pieces, mainly on forums like this.
    I agree about the spoiler tags.
    They don't always follow the comics, so I take a lot of it with a grain of salt, but not everyone wants to hear that stuff as even being a possibility.
    It didn't surprise me that Tammy Rose and Earl snuck out with Daryl to help the baby.
    They lost a son and it hit them really badly, as we saw previously.
    Speaking as a Mom whose children died, I'd be the first one out there to rescue that baby.
    Considering the danger they were running into, a couple of extra pairs of hands was a smart way to go about it.
    That look in the Mother's eyes and her body language as she silently pleaded with Alpha about the baby broke my heart.
    Makes me wonder if some of the Whisperers aren't completely on board with her philosophies.
    That could come in handy in the future.

• Like Like x 3
  6. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Same as above, I noticed the mother’s body language and facial expression through the mask. Alpha didn’t care. She sure is cold. Only cares about HER own child. I also cheered when I saw Tammy Rose and Earl help Daryl and Kelly. They may be senior citizens but still badasses going out there like that! And now they’re able to care for the poor abandoned baby.

One thing I noticed was two Hilltop extras in the field walking off screen during the hostage exchange. I thought that was odd. They were among the Whisperers it seemed but maybe those two opened the exterior gates? I need to rewatch but I was like “whoa what? When did those Hilltoppers get out there?”

7. Lolly9266

Lolly9266 New Member

I had been wondering whether any of the Whisperers might consider joining what look to be functioning human societies rather than stay out in the wilderness. Especially someone like the baby's mother, whose baby is now in a community that has been relatively safe for more than 6 years and doesn't leave their babies in fields to die. Mightn't she think about joining her baby inside some walls if Hilltop would take her in?

• Like Like x 1
  8. offrope

offrope Active Member

While they were taking down the poster frame, Carol asked Zeke if he thought Hilltop would take them in if things keep going bad at the Kingdom. It was previously established that they have maintenance issues. Might there be other problems?

9. yuke

yuke Member

I saw the random Hilltoppers walking behind the Whisperers too. I chalked it up to random background actors being int he wrong place during filming.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

3)
    I think, at that time, the entire Hilltop is on red alert and every able-bodied is at his or her battle station. Tammy Rose and Earl are senior citizens and might be assigned to a 'lesser' duty of, say, helping out in the infirmary. So, they could sneak out with Daryl?

7) In a latter scene at present time, when Jerry is departing to get the light bulb, Nabila is seen holding a baby and with her 2 daughters. The older one does look like around 4 years old.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

Did you notice that her mask had a tragic expression, with differently shaped mouth and eye holes to the other masks? You couldn't see her expression at all, but your empathy and the mask's caricature worked well enough.

Just before we see the stray spearmen, we see the spikey 'turnstile'-style gates open - but it's clear neither Alpha nor Daryl have opened them. I think we're supposed to assume some arrangements were put in place by mutual agreement before Daryl marched Lydia down the path.

• Agree Agree x 1