Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rape scene?

Discussion in 'Episode 314 - Prey' started by Memezombster, Mar 18, 2013.

1. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

I like how coded your posts with asterisk just in case someone takes it seriously and actually does it.

2. Suds

Suds Member

I saw that speculum too and ......nnaargghh... that truly creeped me out, but I was surprised when on The Talking Dead they had a guest segment with the guy that put together the torture table and.....yadda yadda yadda.....no mention of it. I had to look on this forum to see if I really saw it. Again, nnaargghhhhhhh

3. Suds

Suds Member

Ew. Sick.

4. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

That is what rape is about. It's not about satisfaction but control...

5. walkerluver

walkerluver Member

Either way, I would be extremely disappointed with Kirkman if there was even a hint of rape in the TV series.

6. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

Philip obviously gets satisfaction from control.

Seriously all of you saying that rape cannot have anything to do about sex or satisfaction is crazy. Yes, It CAN be all about domination/control/humiliation, but it absolutely is not every time it happens. Ex. If someone roofies someone they find attractive so they can have sex with them whilst unconscious, that is definitely about sex/satisfaction. To say that rape has nothing to do with sex is not true. Rape can have nothing to do with sex would be more correct.

7. camous

camous Member

Why? I am not excited at all about seeing a rape happening I hope Andrea won't suffer that but to be honest if you think about it in a ZA it's more likely this would happen

8. Eat ALL the Cheese!

This is very true.

But not so much in this case. Andrea is in a very vulnerable position right now because she's someone Philip has had sex with in the past. And while he's a sadistic maniac, I don't think he's ever raped a woman before. This makes Andrea's situation all the more dangerous because he could use her as a gateway rape (for lack of a better term). He can rape her and justify it in his mind, like, "well, she liked it 5 months ago, so this isn't really that bad."

Clearly he's planning something similar with Michonne. But planning is one thing and doing it is another. Andrea planned to kill Philip in his sleep but couldn't do it. Philip could plan all these things with Michonne and might not be able to do a lot of them. But here he has Andrea, someone he could "practice with" before he gets to Michonne.

So Andrea is in some deep shit.

9. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

im gonna have to slightly disagree with you guys. in most cases yes rape is not about sex. but date rape is most definitely about sex. the whole reason for the drugs is so theres no struggle and a chance all memory of the encounter will be erased from the victims mind. id even say some cases of prison rape are about sex and not power. otherwise i agree with yall

i still believe Andrea will walk away from this relatively unscathed.

10. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Prison rape is all about power. There are plenty of willing people in prison. Those that rape in prison do it for only two reasons. Domination and punishment.

11. shanewalking

shanewalking Well-Known Member

I hope they are not gonna do that, the last thing I want to see is a rape scene

12. Komodia

Komodia Member

Rape isn't an act of just 'doing it' or 'just having sex', as Ive stated once on the forums, its an act of violence. Him raping Andrea would be conflicting pain and fear on her no matter how many times they had sex before but I hope they never show anything like that.

13. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

i am not giddy on the idea but rape is guaranteed to happen in this type of setting and the Gov. is the exact type that would do it. I wouldn't consider it controversial to include it when it almost seems weird it isn't there. Besides there was already a hint of rape in the show. It is also involved in the comics (in a fairly high profile way) and it did not ruin anything. it set a very dark but very real story. that is the goal of TWD. Thinking it would never happen is crazy. (It'd be better to imply it so no graphic full scenes of it of course but my point stands)

14. Peanut Q. Public

FCC regulations being what they are, rape (graphic or not) isn't something that can be shown in any kind of detail on TV. and to say "i'll stop watching if there's any rape" is just ridiculous. you're watching a show about the ZA. murder and theft will not be the only crimes running rampant at the end of the world. to assume that you can have any kind of apocalypse without rape would just be childish and naive. for those of us who've read the comics, we should know what's about to happen to Andrea. Michonne isn't there to be punished so Andrea will have to take her place. if you've read the comics or the gov's book you know.

15. walkerluver

walkerluver Member

I stand corrected. All good arguments and yes, in a ZA rape would be, unfortunately, very prevalent. And in this case, a very real possibility.

And to those who think that rape is not about sex as well as power, a man has to be excited before the act is possible - unless a foreign object is used.

16. Dennis00Castro

I guess you haven't seen the season premire of Bates Motel then?

Cable channels are not subject same regulations as the over the air networks(CBS, ABC, NBC..and so on). That's why networks like AMC, A&E and F/X can get away with more edgy, sex, graphic violence and language.

In fact channels like AMC, A&E and F/X could go just as far with their content as HBO and the other premium channels. What holds them back is that unlike the premium channels they are beholden to their sponsors. Although thier sponsors know that their programming is edgy, if the sponsors felt their content was reflecting on their product negatively they would threaten to pull their advertising.

AMC would never show a full on graphic rape scene. Their sponsors would drop them like a bad habit. They can however push the limit and come very close to it.

That plays into the artistic merit that what the veiwer does not see often becomes more graphic or disturbing.in their own mind then if it's actually shown on the screen.

#36 Dennis00Castro, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  17. Peanut Q. Public

no i have not. but then again i can't say i'm surprised FCC standards have gotten ridiculously lower. that explains why TWD gets away with so much though, i mean, look who their sponsors are. Apple, Windows..... i guess you could always buy a computer that's not one of those. hahaha. maybe Hyundai is the one holding them back. not everybody needs a Hyundai. especially when Toyota and Honda are so much better.

18. Dennis00Castro

Cable channels like AMC, A&E and F/X are not subject to FCC regulations because you have to pay for a service in order to watch then unlike the major networks CBS, ABC AND NBC and such.

In order to view the major networks all you have to is buy an antenna. Therefore they fall under FCC regulations just non-satellite radio.

19. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

One of the biggest things I've learned hanging around this forum is just how incredibly prudish Americans are when it comes to depictions of sex and nudity on tv. Watching an average European film would blow their minds.

20. celsia

celsia Member

Some people here were shocked by Glenn and Maggie scene, which I found totally normal but they are wondering if they will do/show a rape!

Consensual sex is not OK but violent rape it is?