Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rate & Discuss 1113

Discussion in 'Episode 1113 - Warlords' started by BlackBird, Mar 19, 2022.

1. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not sure what to make of this episode at all.

I don't really want to meet new characters with less than a dozen episodes left of the entire show.
    I want to know how our core characters are doing. I want to spend what little time we have left, with them. I want to watch Daryl Dixon's greasy hair blowing in the wind. Instead we had this episode.

Our group is so scattered again. I hate it when they're so scattered.

I also dislike how they start so many storylines and then they just leave them hanging, for weeks. Some for years even. Such as what happened to Rick. Michonne. Or what happened to Virgil with all that he knows about Rick. The resistance story is hanging, as well as Connie's investigation, and Ezekiel's operation, Yumiko has no storyline, Luke has disappeared. We've had a bloody saga on Eugene's love life but we can't have Daryl and Connie alone for a minute to advance their story? Carol now seems a minor character in the show, etc etc.

FAR TOO MANY STORYLINES.

And far too many new characters and groups. This season has already introduced us to four new communities. Four!

Having said all that, I enjoyed Aaron and Gabriel's scenes. I love these two, especially together. And it's good to have Negan back. And I want Lydia to find some happiness so much.

But I don't care about all the politics and ulterior motives of Lance. And this Toby character? I have psycho-fatigue on this show by now, truly.

So... 5 generous points, for Lydia, Aaron and Gabe.

UPDATE: after some reconsideration of the importance of all our main characters first hand experiencing the dark side of the Commonwealth, I'm upping the score to 7.

#1 BlackBird, Mar 19, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  2. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

May be time to bring Morgan back?

3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I agree there are too many storylines but I only really care about how the main characters turn out at the end. Maybe some lines are intentionally created and left hanging at the end while are planned to carry forward in spinoffs? For example, I do not really care the fate of Lance Hornsby, Pamela Milton and much of CW. As far as Yumiko is concerned, she found her brother and I consider her story is finished. And Eugene has his Max now and so he lives happily ever after. But, I do want to know more of Rick, Michonne, Maggie and Gabe...etc

Random thoughts of this episode:-
    1. Elijah has a crush on Lydia...another interracial romance?
    2. Elijah has good archery skill, judged by that parablolic bullseye. Good for him.
    3. Maggie+Lydia+Elijah all left the car without guard? how could they be so careless after all these years, especially Maggie. The hanging key under the rear view mirror, what is its significance?
    4. If I were Aaron or Gabe, I would seriously consider leaving CW and return to ASZ. Loosing the freedom to choose (ie not to go into that building under Carlson's order) is just too much. Even though ASZ's current state is not as optimal as before, it will be self sustaining again.
    5. So , Hornsby and Carson were CIA pre-ZA after all...lol
    6. Surprised to see Negan joined that new group 'Riverbend'

I am more optimistic and give the final season more benefit of doubts...this one is 8/10.

4. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yeah it is weird if they still have that many plot threads going. Final seasons are supposed to be for wrapping up stories. Not creating new ones. Oh I guess their answer to that will be spinoffs that about ten people are going to watch.

5. BlackBird

Lol. Anytime. I love Morgan's character. I was almost swayed to start watching Fear when he jumped ship, but resisted, as most of you agreed Fear was crap.
    Still, I miss Morgan.

6. BlackBird

You're probably spot on, and this is how they're actually tying up the stories of these characters. I had more hope for Yumiko - just slinking back into the life she had prior to ZA, I find that disappointing somehow. In fact, I find all of them slinking into the Commonwealth society disappointing, hard to explain why. I know, some kind of normality is good, and they more than deserve it. What Lydia described as "I want every day to be the same", that sense of security, yes, I do want that for them. But all our main characters are more than just ordinary citizens of the Commonwealth. They're all seasoned warriors, heroes, they've all done extraordinary things. And suddenly Magna is a waitress again who must know her place in society. Whilst Yumiko is sipping champagne with the elite, and Daryl and Rosita still fight for a living. It doesn't feel right. Like Daryl said, back in Alexandria and Hilltop, they were all leaders. Equals. And now they take orders from others. I fervently wish they all return to Alexandria and Hilltop.

Lol, it appears so. I think the show has done this superbly well, how there's only one race, the human race. I'm here for Elijah and Lydia. They both deserve a break. Lydia must find some happiness finally, that lovely girl has suffered so much.

Absolutely. They must go back. Of course what was good about this episode is showing exactly how right Maggie has been about the Commonwealth all along. Now that the price tag has become clearly visible on the gift. How these people and their intentions cannot be trusted and how they manipulate others for their own gain. I guess after their mutiny, neither Aaron or Gabe can return to the Commonwealth? They will be on Carlson's shit list?

It's good he did. And it might do him a lot of good to be with people who don't know about his past.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

And it looks like Negan lay low without revealing his ability after joining the the new group. I say so because, after Carlson's sneak attack, someone said, '' they took out out best'', referring to the tough 'first contact group' of Ian + Hart bald girl + a few other big guys. If Ian knew Negan's ability, Negan would have been there. If so, the story might be totally different. Negan might be able to spot the Carlson's plot sooner. And if Aaron+Gabe saw Negan in there, the story might also be different too.

Now, the question is:- who took the guns? My guess is, the CW's resistance did it?

Yes. And it is not like they found out CW after only a month or even a year into the ZA. If so, their going back to live a 'normal' live is understandable. Now is about 10+ years into ZA and they are all seasoned warriors with excellent surviving skill and knowledge.
    Take Carol as an example, I do not think she would long to stay in CW. She is a totally different woman from the wife of Ed. Would she prefer a life of making cookies and pies? Even Ezekiel being in CW would not be a good enough reason to stay. Maybe the writers see this in her too and that is why there will be a Carol+Daryl spinoff?

#7 Blueman, Mar 20, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  8. BlackBird

That’s a possibility! With Mercer’s assistance in the matter? I think Mercer is a resistance sympathiser at the very least, but most likely heavily involved.

Yes, that would make sense.
    Even if after the coming uprising the CW society would become fairer, I can’t see Daryl or Carol conform to this life. But I think there will be some kind of mission (hopefully connected to Rick and Michonne) that the two of them will choose to go on, that will be the spin-off. No idea about the basis for the Maggie/Negan spin-off.

Regarding Negan, I think you’re right, he hasn’t revealed to the group his full range of skills and certainly kept very quiet about his leadership experience. I thought it was actually him who said “they took out our best” and I thought that was surprisingly humble of him to do that, and definitely underlined that he was trying to blend in and not aspire for higher ranks within the group. Or certainly not yet. I guess it’s only been a few weeks, a couple of months or so.

• Like Like x 1
  9. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Ok,I just saw this and my reaction is a bit different. Yes, I thought that it was a bit strange to be “introducing” new characters this late but then I think I saw the connection, like this was a necessary step in the plot development, maybe? Lol

First off, it wasn’t about the new group per se. What it said to me was that it allowed two more members of our core “family”, who were kinda settling in with the CW and their ways to see it’s underbelly close up and personal. I think that’s important. We saw more of Lance and his unsavory pre ZA connections as well, not that we as viewers trusted him as far as we could throw him. It also brought us back to where Negan went after parting ways with Maggie and co. but that he still felt some connection to them as he rescued Gabe and sent for Maggie to come help. It also created a mystery of sorts as to who stole the CW shipment of arms. As mentioned by others, maybe the resistance?

This has got to lead to some sort of shake up within the CW and I’m interested in how our people will be involved and what it means for their future. More immediately, I’m interested in whether or not our group can take out that crazy CIA operative now that they’re all enclosed within the apt.complex. He’s a killer but how will his skills match up with our group’s who’s fighting abilities have been honed by surviving the worse…out there.

#9 purriwinkle, Mar 21, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. BlackBird

Lol. Reading this has literally made me like the episode a helluva lot more, so thank you for that. You’re right, we just need to look at it from our people’s perspective, rather than our own. I’m very interested in the repercussions of what’s gone down in this episode.

11. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

It was okay. I wasn’t hip to bringing in a new group, but understand why they did. I wonder if the leader was related to Pope, with all the religious talk, or was he a part of his group, and left to start his own.
    Good to see Negan, as I like his character now.
    And I agree with Lydia. Her mother would have welcomed those people into her fold and helped them.
    7/10

The truth is out there

12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah it's strange to introduce countless new characters in a final season. When you factor in that the Commonwealth Clown Show is a whole town of new people, to then bring in more new groups is bizarre.

I will say though that If the Governor pulled up to the Commonwealth with a new group, and a new tank, I'd be pulling for him.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Stealth

They continued to mess up the Morgan character on Fear. They also had nuclear bombs go off and the characters are walking around with respirators on and navigating the terrain, instead of just leaving and finding a place that wasn't affected.

14. BlackBird

Good lord. Thank you for saving me from having to watch that.

15. Stealth

The World Beyond series was even worse. I watched the first season of it, and passed on the second one. The characters were all awful.

16. Stealth

I'm caught up now. It wasn't as bad as episodes 1110 through 1112, but that's not saying much at this point. I found the former CIA guy ridiculous. It would've been good to have some prior scenes in the last few episodes of Negan meeting this group before showing him with them.

Mercifully there are only three episodes left.

17. BlackBird

Well, the next one is pretty good. ;)