Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rate it from Beginning to end.

Discussion in 'Episode 901 - A New Beginning' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 3, 2018.

?

Just do it. You know the drillbit.

1. 10

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. Beginning to think this is the best comeback ever!!

10 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. 8

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. Beginning to grow on me.

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. 6

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  6. 5

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I feel the Beginning's of a headache.

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It's that time of year again. When Jen7 washes her feet.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

This is a special time of year, can't have stanky feet.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Neuropyramidal

Anti Feet comes out of hibernation this week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. smurfeNn

smurfeNn New Member

It was alright, I'd give it a 7/10. Better than episodes from the last season for sure.

I really don't like the new intro, it doesn't feel as dark and gritty as the old one, it feels like a cheap animated intro with low framerate.

And also, that glass scene at the museum, what the hell was that? That is definitely not how security glass works. If someone died that scene I would have been pissed.

5. SStark

SStark Active Member

Better than anything from the past two seasons.

6. Neuropyramidal

I really enjoyed it. It did have the feel of earlier seasons at times. I liked how they made the walkers a bit more intense a couple times, and the focus on Ken's bite aftermath, with people panicking and general chaos felt like a bite from earlier seasons. I also really liked that they didn't drag out Gregory's drama.

I think there was a purposeful contrast between how they handled Gregory and how they handled Randall. They hemmed and hawed with Randall until Shane used the indecision to his own advantage. This time, no hesitation, and it even occurred at a barn, the way Randall's execution was suppose to. I think it was meant to suggest that Rick had circled back to his S2 hesitations [hesitations one could argue are needed for civilization] while Maggie is going a different route [a decisiveness which is also needed].

I would have had Gregory gurgle a bit longer though....both because its believable and because it would have made that scene more meaningful if you could still hear him gurgling while the kids were walked away to bed and Maggie spoke to her people.

Overall, I give it a 9.1.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

I gave it a 10. One of the best season openers to date. Intense. Lots of surprises. And our faves delivered. I'm pumped for the season. Worth waiting for.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I'll give it a 7.5.

Ding dong, the bitch is dead. Good riddance Gregory.

The premier had its moments. Looks like groups have set strengthened the communities and trying to re-establish a society. A lot of the convos seemed a bit late for there to have been a year plus time jump. Tension is growing between Rick and Daryl and Rick and Maggie. Maggie is not having it though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Flesh Eater

Flesh Eater Well-Known Member

I wrote a thoughts/review in a different thread. I'm not as enthusiastic as some of the above. Didn't hate it but wasn't awed as I usually am.

10. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I give it a 6. The dialogue was definitely much better but the episode also felt like a bit of a drag. They spent about thirty minutes showing them get the wagon out of the building and it didn't seem like the episode was going anywhere until the very end. Was definitely surprised though that they pulled that comic storyline out that quickly where Gregory gets hanged. That didn't happen until about issue 140 of the comic.

11. Ubiq

Ubiq Active Member

I give it a 8. I would have loved for Gregory to come back as a zombie after the hanging with either Maggie or Darryl finishing him off for a lasting impression.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

TEN! :) I think I loved every single frame. Maybe I will read someone else's comments later and think, oh, yeah, that tiny little thing was annoying, but for now, I think it was perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I gave it a 7. I wanted to like it better than I did. Parts of it were really good but I really didn't like Maggie and Darryl going up against Rick & Michonne and yes, I know it started at the end of last season but it's not very realistic based on the time jump. And why make the Savior camp all still douche bags? A year and a half later and they are still unable to do anything. If the ground around the place is tainted why would they not have moved?

I think the time jump wasn't really thought through - all of the action was as if there was no time jump.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I was hoping for a bit more, but not at all disappointed.
    Solid 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Just glancing at the reviews. Seems a bit mixed. Didn't see the episode last night. Probably won't be until tomorrow that I watch it.

16. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I guess I will bestow it with a 6.5 ?
    I was falling asleep for the first hour honestly and many things made little sense to me there,when the singing started I almost turned it off and Brett who I really like as an actress in general was just annoying and the emotion of the moment seemed odd to me.
    I don't mean that she would not be mourning her son and be a mess overall but I can't remember the last time they played the family of someone we never met like this?

Then it got better with Maggie and her resentment of Rick and not killing negan and that all seemed really likely for once to me.
    Last season at the end I did not buy the scene with Maggie,Jesus and Daryl in the shadows planning quietly to avenge the lucille deaths but now after some time and watching Maggie I was all on board!
    When Rick said he needed the Hilltop to help the Saviors more I thought her reaction was exactly spot on.

So of course they let her leave now too?

Gregorys demise was icing on the cake for me and also seemed like a realistic option,Maggie is not screwing around anymore.

17. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I gave it a 9, absolutely loved it.

I didn't necessarily feel a similarity to early seasons while watching it, but I did notice an increase in dialogue and character moments...which is I'm sure due to the war being over and actually being able to focus on other things.

I also appreciate that walkers are still a threat and I felt genuinely tense and on edge during a few of the walker-heavy moments. Like when Ezekiel was dangling there like a carrot on a stick.

Sorry Ken, but i'm SO happy that horse survived & Gregory did not. Thank you for your sacrifice!

I like this new Maggie! She's really asserting her leadership, for better or worse...all while raising a baby.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

It was not a perfect episode. I would say that the season 4 premier was pretty damn close to perfect with season 5 a close second.

BUT I would say that this episode is worthy of at the very worst a 7 (for those who want action action action). I believe the episode was far better than a rating of 7.

Personally I loved the episode. I loved the character interaction. I loved the focused dialogue was clear, concise and not so damn cryptic.

The time jump has been about 18 months. And I suppose the argument could be made that is enough time to have worked out a few of these issues.

The Sanctuary and its corn dilemma. Corn takes anywhere from 60 to 100 days to reach the stage it is ready to harvest. How many experienced farmers do they have? What was the condition of the seeds they used? It would make sense that a round or two of trial and error would occur before anyone would think it wise to throw in the towel and just move. After one harvest gone bad maybe they chalked it up to inexperience. And in this time frame this is maybe their second attempt at harvest. They have a secure location that is about as safe as safe can be. They are more than likely not too keen on just giving that up so quickly. Not to mention that while the lives of some of the saviors was saved they are probably not exactly welcomed into the the other communities with open arms just yet. Trust needs to be developed and if there are a few saviors who are still pushing against becoming an integral, working part of the "machine" then building that trust is going to take a great deal of time.

Ken. I imagine that some viewers are wondering why Maggie and Enid were so broken up over the death of Ken. And maybe even questioning why it seemed necessary to focus on his death. Well, again Maggie and Enid have been living with Ken for 18 months whereas we had just met him. So of course his death would impact them. But even more to the point the death of Ken was a necessary plot point to focus on since it set up the final showdown between Gregory and Maggie

I JUMPED a few times. I do not think I jumped last season.

The relationships. I swear this show cannot win for losing. They get crap for skirting over characters relationships and they get crap for spending time of characters relationships. Not all relationships are going to be easy and I appreciate that Rick and Maggie are trying to navigate a new dynamic between them. Rick and Daryl. Okay, most know that I am not a Daryl fan. But it was nice to actually hear him speak and have something of substance to say. Get ready for this next bit, you all may want to have a seat. I actually understand why Daryl no longer wants to remain at the Sanctuary. And as much as my negative nancy wants to chalk it up to him whining I am not able to. Because he was not whining. He tried, had been for quite some time, leading this group. He simply reached the point where he knew he had to leave for himself. I would even say that he knew he had to leave for those living at the Sanctuary because he just did not have it in him to be an effective leader considering his history with the location itself and some of the people still living there.

Aaron's beard. That alone should garner a rating of at least a 7

I will say that I sit somewhere between a 8.5 and 9.0 for this episode. So I am giving it a 9

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Melo

Melo Active Member

10 because i'm a f-ing fan boy and so glad that TWD is back again, also the Rosita moments were little pieces of heaven for me! Nice episode, there is a change in the show no doubt about it and i like it.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I LOVE your "f-ing fan boy" outlook!!!!

• Like Like x 1