Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rate it from Beginning to end.

Discussion in 'Episode 901 - A New Beginning' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 3, 2018.

?

Just do it. You know the drillbit.

1. 10

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. Beginning to think this is the best comeback ever!!

10 vote(s)
    38.5%
  3. 8

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. Beginning to grow on me.

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  5. 6

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  6. 5

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I feel the Beginning's of a headache.

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I give it an 8. Loved the spider walker scene!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I give it a 9. Really enjoyed it and it lays out some ideas on how the season will play out. I really like the new intro. It was time for a change. After, all, it is a new beginning. Some people just can't adjust to change.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Melo

Melo Active Member

I feel you, same here for me too, i need Rosita's boobs.. Maggie's too and other gals on the show.. but never gonna happen because of AMC.. its not HBO or showtime.. i know you are joking and im too.. or aren't we? :p

4. barbell43

barbell43 Member

That was my thought exactly!!

5. stumbler

stumbler New Member

I joined a year ago or so. I didn't join to bash it. I 've been watching from season 1, I used to love it and I think it's gone downhill. But maybe I should go and leave this site to the fanatics who have time to post 5,000 messages ... I got sh*t to do....

6. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Thats 6511 posts TYVM. As for what you should do. Its up to you. But the show BARELY started and already the "lazy writing" and expert opinions on acting are being thrown. By non professionals and people claiming to "love the show". In my opinion, if you had invested 8 years into it already give it a chance. Then again, maybe you are too busy getting to that "shit" you have to do.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. stumbler

stumbler New Member

I didnt claim to "love the show" I USED to "love the show" before the writing went downhill. I watched it, so I gave it a chance it's just not as good as it used to be... but what do I know, I'm a non professional. Not sure what kind of a non professional I am, I guess a non professional tv critic or maybe a non professional forum member?... whatever the show is sucking hard and they're going to milk this ****ing thing for the money until the cost to produce it is more than the revenue it brings in.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  9. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Well then, today is your lucky day. I am going to save you any future angst or frustration over the very bad rating of the show. See that black thing with numbers probably close to where you sit to watch TV. You either have a red button that says power or any button that says off. When TWD comes on very quickly press that button. Problem solved. It will also save you in Internet charges by having nothing to talk or complain about when you come on this forum. It's a simple as that.

As for the sucking hard and the non-professional self-diagnosis, the above works just as well. Again welcome to your brief stay on this forum and hopefully the next show that comes along you can enjoy with an open mind. It was nice chatting with you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I wanna watch a tv show where someone goes around and crushes people's souls with their words. The lead character can be named, say, I dunno, @Apollonia or something.

No wait! She can have a normal name and then she SUMMONS the power of @Apollonia the Destroyer when the plot gets too dark and we think all hope is lost. Then she'll save the day and return to her average everyday life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I've only just watched, but I'm impressed (for once lol).

First of all, it's refreshing after months of a rebooted Filter The Walking Dead to actually see colour in this universe. It also looks a lot prettier as well. They've definitely upped their game visually, with cinematography -- and have they finally done away with the grainy film?

I liked the amount of team work and survival/building obstacles. Very season 2.

And hOLY MOTHER OF CHRIST. Did I hear actual dialogue?! ON THE WALKING DEAD?! Not motonous, abstract speeches, but actual dialogue where people SPEAK TO EACH OTHER LIKE PEOPLE ACTUALLY COMMUNICATE?

Colour me shocked. 7/10

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Been away for awhile. Hi everybody!

Very much liked this first episode and gave it a deserved 9, something I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to do with a WD ep again.

I thought it was fresh, sharp and tense. All the good stuff. Love the new opening! I was hoping Angela Kang might be able to dig the show out of the hole it's been in, and it sure seems like she has a handle on things.

Perfect? No. Perfect gets a 10, but little nit-picks (all pointed out by previous posters, so I won't bore you by repeating them).

But little nit picks do not a bad episode make. There was much, much for me to like here, compared to what I didn't (which, honestly, wasn't much). Thing I loved most (and what I think bodes well for the future)? They wrapped up the Gregory storyline in one episode. ONE!
    Last season, they would have dragged it out for 4, minimum. Angela, Angela, Angela, PLEASE, keep the padding to a minimum! That drove me nuts.

That's it for me for now, see ya'll next week. Onward and upward, we're back, baby!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Gave it a 6, for some of the shortcuts it took from the time jump and some of the stuff that makes no sense (Eugene walking around the sanctuary, the sanctuary being maintained at the expense of other communities, for no apparent reason), but it sure was better than the last half of FTWD. I had actual reactions to what was happening, from diegetic absorption and not just as a reaction to bad writing or complete bullshit, so that's a plus.

14. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Don't get run off. You are entitled to your opinions. I don't agree that it sucks--I still love it, even when I am making this face: o_O. I hope you stick around to say if you like the third episode of this season. I find I am happiest with some episodes that other fans are most disappointed by. There is something for everyone, I think.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the episode. Best part for me was the expedition to DC. I wish they had done more of this sort of thing in previous seasons, rather than just running through the woods. It was a little nostalgic too because it had a feel of the Atlanta scenes in Season 1. As others mentioned they get points for moving Gregory's story to a quick resolution.

It was good to have a mix of characters all interacting together, and it's also the best material they've given Lauren Cohan in a long time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. stumbler

stumbler New Member

It wasn't nice chatting with you. Your lame attempts at sarcasm are about as entertaining as the new season. Think I'll stick around the forum and voice my unpopular opinions.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. stumbler

stumbler New Member

I will still watch the show, I just feel it's declining. But I'm not a pro like Appolonia so what do i know

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. stumbler

stumbler New Member

Hey what do you expect from someone whose screen name is taken from a has been actress and singer from the 80's who was never that good to begin with.

19. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Or maybe she loves the name and/or she's Greek or her parents just loved the name. ("Feminine of Apollo, one of the twelve major dieties, god of music, poetry, prophecy, and medicine.")

"St. Apollonia of Alexandria propelled her name into great popularity in the Middle Ages; her name is invoked against toothaches."

I named myself after a beloved deaf cat, Louie Indigo, so I presume nothing. o_O:D

20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Normally I don't like it when someone joins just to bash the show in their first post because what's the point of that? But you've been a member for a while. There are a handful of people on here who continued to watch Fear and bash it all summer while I attempted to log in to discuss the show and couldn't because no one was discussing much of anything aside from how terrible it was. Apparently you have to be a regular to get away with that.

[​IMG]

Anyway, I may not agree that the show has declined...I really enjoyed 901, but you have a right to express your opinion.

• Like Like x 1