Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

RATE IT NOW!! Not Tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Episode 612 - Not Tomorrow Yet' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 3, 2016.

?

RATE THE ELUSIVE THING!!

1. 10

26 vote(s)
    31.0%
  2. 9

35 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. 8

16 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. 7

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. 6

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. I wish it WAS tomorrow, so I could forget this ever happened!!

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I'm handing out so many high scores lately and i don't even care...10. This episode had everything.

A special shout out to the scene with father Gabriel quoting a scripture, shooting a man and saying "Amen."

2. batongal

batongal Active Member

rated 9 but 9.5 thanks to the incredibly entertaining Alexandria SZ Special Forces

3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

It's great to see Carol again, but I hate her actions in this episode.

I hated how Abe walked out on Rosita. That was one of the harshest moments in the show.

The shootout at the Savior's supply depot was awesome. Photographic evidence of Lucille!

Carol and Maggie finally got to interact again.

Looks like another Rick Grimes battle plan has fallen apart.

I'll give this episode an 8.

4. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

This was perhaps the best episode TWD has ever had before. Definitely a 10 for me. Only thing is that I'm wondering how realistic it is that they break into a place looking like a bunch of navy seals instead of just a bunch of normal people trying to survive in a zombie apocalypse.

I realize that these battles are done this way for entertainment value but at times I think battles should resemble gang warfare instead of a trained military unit.

5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Daryl learned from Merle (who was in the Army or Marines). Abe and Rosita have military experience, and Rick was a cop.

6. lastcat3

Oh was Rosita in the military at one time? I know Abe was but didn't think Rosita was at all.

7. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

The episode was so good I couldn't believe 47 minutes passed. (I saved it and watched it FF'd commercials) It felt like 5 minutes. that's how intense and suspenseful it was. I gave it a 9, but really is a 9.5.

8. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

The assault on the Savior compound started out pretty cool, but the direction towards the end of it was incoherent. As Rick's crew split up and taking of of bid-ness, it was hard to tell what was going on. We just had a lot of quick cuts of them shooting and kicking into rooms and whatnot. There was no sense of space between them and the enemy -- and each other, and how much trouble they were actually in. This really killed any tension for me.

The Carol - Tobin relationship came out of nowhere. It'll be nice if they had the foresight to sprinkle in growing feelings for each other in previous episodes. This felt like another writer rush job.

Also I wish Glenn's first human kill was a bit more noteworthy than "sleeping savior #1." They tried their best to make it seem special, but after 6 seasons I wish it was against somebody more notable or have it take place with a more interesting set up.

9. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

Very good. I enjoyed the finely-oiled teamwork of Rick's group and the scene where they all came out of nowhere to kick some a$$, was awesome. The ep has finished with a bunch of small cliffhangers that have made me feel that kick in the guts. Carol and her new potential, Abe and Rosita's drama, Pregnant Maggie, Glen taking one (or several) for the team and obviously the final scene...! Good stuff!

#29 Lori Grimes, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Have to go with a 9 - I could feel my heart pounding in my chest and I do not think I took a breath until it was over. Excellent!

11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Have only positive things to say about this one. I really like the way the story is moving. The characters feel real now. Even Tobin was good. The interpersonal scenes have been great and really add to building up the characters along with the group dynamic.

I was growing weary of the show in 6A but these last 3 episodes have been great. It has a similar feel to the early seasons where you really became invested in the characters.

Loved how they added Rick saying they needed to "kill them all." You also have a gray area where what Rick is doing could be compared to the Governor's premeditated actions. Also, even more so than in the comics, the audience is going to be able to relate to Negan's point of view due to Rick's attack. This is going to add another layer to the story.

For the first time in a long while I'm really excited about the show. Great job.

12. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

His first kill was of somebody totally helpless (asleep) and in cold blood using a knife; it doesn't get more disturbing than that for somebody that's maintained some semblance of their pre-ZA morality.

13. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Member

This was a fantastic episode, an honest 10/10 from me. It's amazing how when they start actually following the comics the show becomes leagues better. This episode left us with many questions and moved the story forward and put through a lot of character development.

Tobin and Carol was actually very sweet, and it seems like they've had an ongoing thing since the herd was dealt with, or at least that's the impression I got. It doesn't seem like Tobin is married after all, so I'm okay with them hooking up. Daryl's even more unpleasant this season anyway. Carol doesn't need to deal with his man child bullshit and Tobin at least bathes and is reasonably stable. I've been rooting for Tobin since day one, so whatever gets him more screen time! A real DILF for sure.

Abraham is a huge asshole and if Sasha gets with him without consulting Rosita first, I'm going to lose major respect points for her. Abraham is utter trash, honestly, and I hope he gets the arrow again.“When we met I thought you were the last woman on earth….but you’re not.” Poor Rosita. I really don’t want him with Sasha. Both women deserve better.

Carol's frustration with Maggie is clearly coming from a place with good intent. It's Maggie's decision to be there, but Maggie's putting her baby on the line by being there so it's easy to understand why Carol isn't too pleased with her. I don't think they all know Maggie's the one that made the deal so to her it must seem like Maggie is being reckless.

Glenn. GLENN. This is the moment I've been waiting for, honestly, and this arc has been building up such a long time for him. It's going to be interesting to see how this changes him as a character. The major key point about Glenn all of these seasons is that he's one of the few in TF who have held on to their humanity for the longest. Now he's killed in cold blood and it was to keep his family safe, sure, but I'm honestly stunned they went there.

I couldn't tell what Morgan was doing with the welder. Morgan may intuitively know that the group is in deep trouble now.

All in all there was a lot of great development from everyone, all sorts of surprising characters got a little push forward. Aaron, FG, Heath, Rosita, Tara, etc. One of my favorite episodes of this season for sure.

Things are about to get very real very fast. Negan is coming. He probably has quite a lot more people than anyone suspected. Hard choices are going to need to be made. And a lot more blood is going to be shed.

#33 Lone Wolf, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  14. lastcat3

Actually LW this episode went in a completely new direction from what the comics had. Rick's group never invaded a compound in the comics. The show is giving a much more shades of gray viewpoint than the comics did where the comics tried to make it clear that Negan's group was the bad guys and Rick's group/Hilltop were the good guys.

I think this storyline fits the tv show version of Rick's group better than the comic storyline would have. As Rick and his group in the show are about ten times rougher than the comic group was/is. If they tried to play it out closer to what happened in the comics it wouldn't have fit the tv show version of the group very well.

15. lovedaryl

lovedaryl Well-Known Member

OMG, Horn!!! Me, too!!! And I think it will have to do with Daryl.... xoxo

16. lovedaryl

lovedaryl Well-Known Member

I stopped reading the comics a couple seasons ago, and I'm glad they're not following it entirely closely.

I rated it a 9, but really a 9.5.

It had everything:

* action
    * character development
    * poignant scenes
    * moving the story along
    * suspense

Good job! Can't wait to see the last 4 episodes... It definitely feels like it's building up for a grande finale!

17. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

Awesome episode definite 9 from me.

The speech Rick gave was pure Governor, convincing everyone that these people are evil and must die. The shot of Tara thinking "i've heard this before" was great, very uncomfortable. The look on her face was Rick's another Governor nut job.

Action scenes were well done, even if it was a little low on zombies
    Carol and Tobin, finally, a relationship that felt more natural rather than the Rick Michonne thrown together for the fans moment a few episodes ago.

Father Gabriel kicking ass! Via con dios!

18. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

It shows that the programme doesn't need the overuse of zombies sometimes. This was a brilliant, well scripted, well acted episode with fantastic character development & this indeed is building up to THE greatest season finale ever IMO.

19. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

That was... amazing. It started off a little slow, but about half way through it just blew up; literally. Wow... this is shaping up to be an awesome season. I loved the Glenn-Heath scenes, I think they're playing out their friendship really well.

edit: That's a 10, btw.

20. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

9 for me. Very good episode. Just a couple of minor points (see Complaints thread!!)