Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rate It

Discussion in 'Episode 505 - The End of Everything' started by Lindigo, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I liked this bottle episode. Nine.

So many things puzzled me, but without unduly exasperating me.

Why do you have to kill people who see a helicopter--that, after all, flies away--to restore a functional society?? Everyone knows there are multiple groups.

Why is it a good plan to break the leg of someone who needs to take you somewhere to find a tape?

If you want to be as nondescript as possible, why don't you paint out the triple circles?

Why didn't Al's hands (and toes) get more torn up from using barbed wire to saw through her wrist restraints?

Why wouldn't you be happy to accept a jacket made out of puncture-bite-proof fabric?

Why would the Army and the National Guard kill each other?

If you realized someone had to kill you, wouldn't you keep quiet about that so it would be easier to make a move?

Why untie the walker blockades?

Conveniently blocky rock formation for climbing. lol

I liked making camp in the tree to keep walkers from tripping into you in the night.

The dialog felt like how strangers really might talk to each other.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Well I told @Dnae I would come up with 3 positive things to say.

1) Isabel used proper form when picking up the full gas cans. Back completely straight, one leg in front, dropping down and using her legs. Smart move.

2) At the risk of sounding like a complete "dude"; lesbian kiss.

3) The suits they wear are smart. Lined with thick wire, prevents walkers from biting you. Flexible yet protective. It's honestly a smart idea.

Other than that, another episode filled with the same problems each of the previous episodes under these show runners suffers from. Putting characters in tough situations only to just let them get out of it with no real challenge. Isabel threatens Al multiple times, each time just not following through. Break your leg....nah, I need your help, but I'll kill you later. Later comes and now I'm going to kill you, like I did my friend. Nah, I'm going to kiss you and let you go tell your friends about my super secret group. Al steals her gun to protest herself....next scene, Isabel has her gun back.

Again, the story itself is fairly interesting it's just that the writing is like bad fanfic.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Okay @Sebrebc here are my three positives:

1. No children with speaking parts in this episode. I mean, they did show up at the end so I have to shave off a few points for that. At least they did not speak. And thank f*k* we did not have to see Sam Jr. and Luciana. Which pisses me off because season 2 Luciana was cool. Season 5 Luciana is ridiculous. I digress.

2. Fairly interesting new character. Question is, will we ever see her again?

3. I did not have reason for a deep eye roll with this episode. That probably stems from it being a Strand/Twins free episode. Those three on screen are the benchmarks for eye rolling

I struggled to come up with three positives.

I could list a slew of negatives. I will fight the good fight and resist the urge to list all things negative BUT I do have one thing I need to get off of my chest.

For several seasons I was a Gimple apologists. My inner Pollyanna kept the faith. And in all honesty I do not think that every decision made by him has been bad.
    Yet the Gimple School of Cryptic Writing oftentimes had me like
    [​IMG]

Season 9 of TWD I did NOT miss his cryptic writing style. I did not see the need to have the face of confusion and general "huh?" In the era of Dave Erickson I was not confused with his writing style.

Yet with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum the Gimple effect is quite noticeable. Speaking in puzzles that want so badly to come across as profound, wise, intriguing yet simply come across as, @Sebrebc stated, bad fanfic writing.

Rate it? Ugh, if I must. Okay I will give it a barely there 6 simply because I like Maggie Grace

#3 Dnae, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

At 8:30 last night, I told my wife (who bailed on me as far as the TWD universe a couple of years ago), "Hey, at 9:00, FTWD comes on!" She said, "Yeah? Is it good?" I had to tell her no, but I was trying to continue to like it - "Besides, it's all I got zombie-wise until Oct."

I gotta go with Dnae, and give last night's epi about a 6. It was about what I was expecting. A somewhat decent story, but filled with all sorts of stupidness, as noted in others' posts above; Gonna break Al's leg, then not. Gonna kill Al - Al with multiple chances to fight back, but does nothing (If someone says they're gonna kill me, I'ma go down swinging!!) - then not.

Wow! Al also knows how to fly a chopper? Annd is an experienced mountain-climber (LOL! at @Lindigo 's rock-climbing wall observation). Why, oh why can't they just create a solid episode anymore??

Lemme see if I can give 3 positive things:

1>

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

8 for me. It was a bit informative, and helped build characters. I just dislike night scenes, where I can’t see what’s happening.

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Lucky you. I'll have to look at my brain for the rest of my life.

1,5/10

I was on the fence about Al. Now I think she's the lamest character of them all.

Oh you want to kill me? Take your gun back.
    Oh you working on some kind of future? Take that tape and kill me please.
    Oh you got a pussy? I'm in loooovvve.

edit: and that whole climbing thing was so ****ing lame

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. naossano

naossano Member

Didn't dislike the episode that much but...

- The whole episode seems on a short timeline, like 72 hours-ish. Yet, Al disapeared since the beginning of the season. Are we supposed to believe everything else happenned during that short timeline ? Those were busy days...

- So the kids built savior-ish barricades to repell unwanted attention, the radiation is just kinda there because an already-explained leak, and the people in armor were just passing-by ? So, ultimately for all the build up, there isn't anything worthwhile with this place ? Place they got to leave if they want to join their friends. So, ultimately, should that half-season be skipped entirely, would we notice something ?

- Did they actually bonded before the kiss ?

- Wishing for more straight tomboy and girly lesbians.

- Wouldn't Isabelle create a temporal paradox if she kills someone from the past ?

- As a former bald guy, i am feeling offended by the showrunners portrayals of bald guys.

#7 naossano, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
  8. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

Eh. It was kind of interesting, but I just feel like these writers are mostly phoning it in.
    They have good characters… well, some good characters… but they aren't doing enough with them.
    I don't want to come on here and just complain. There were some good moments.
    I like the new character, but will we ever see her again?
    The little tidbits we were told about this helicopter group sound ominous.
    Don't go near them ...we are the past, they are working on the future, etc. It doesn't exactly sound like they're trying to build something with the survivors.
    Isabela… Isabelle? She really didn't want that reclamation team showing up. I'm guessing that a group like that has zero tolerance for screw ups on missions. And I guess she didn't want them getting their hands on Al?
    Did she say that they were there to go into a nuclear plant that experienced a meltdown to retrieve something for water purification? Does that make sense? I'll admit that I know absolutely nothing about nuclear power. Why not go to a nuclear power plant that hasn't experienced a meltdown? Sounds a bit safer. It makes me wonder what they were really after.
    They have great uniforms though. That's a positive comment. Perfect for the zombie apocalypse.
    Considering their resources, I'm guessing they are remnants of the government or some massive corporation.
    I don't know. Rate it a 5 or 6?
    Althea's constant obsession with "getting the story" is a bit annoying. Ok. Really annoying.
    I feel that they wrote this episode simply to keep people hooked because of the Rick connection. But, maybe not. Maybe we'll see Isabelle again.
    Points, as Dnae said, for not showing Luciana and the kid.
    She's become ridiculous. Too many pain pills?
    I saw the opening minutes for the upcoming episode and I'm not thrilled. We'll see.

I really want to like this show. There are just so many stupid, unrealistic decisions being made by the characters.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1