Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rate it

Discussion in 'Episode 508 - Is Anybody Out There?' started by Sharpie61, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Then you have the parents of those kids that ALL died from fighting the infected walkers and Alicia gets hit with the blood and Morgan is wielding the radioactive stick, but all is just fine for them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Well. I mean. If you had written that crap would YOU want to re-read it?
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Gosh. I don't even know anymore how to rate or compare these episodes. FTWD has broken my will to care about it. It's. Just. So. Boring!! And stupid. Let's not forget stupid.

The first 30min (exaggeration) of radio pleas to help err'body (which I think was a flashback, yes?), was just cringe-worthy. That mindset in an apocalypse is just baffling, and makes little sense. Okay, if you come across someone that you can show compassion and help, yes. But to abandon all caution and sensibility?

The worst part of that entire episode had to be the abandoning of Grace's truck. Terrible piece of driving, to start with; and then, what, .0004765 sec worth of effort to get the truck - their only mode of transport to escape the walkers and, oh yeah, a nuclear reactor in full meltdown - dislodged from the vehicle it was rammed into........ That was just turrible......TURRIBLE!! It would have been more believable to have had a meteor come down and crash through the hood.....sigh.

Oh, I almost forgot; a rating; Despite the overwhelming stupid that now seems to permeate every episode, there were some decent moments. For those moments, I'll give it a solid 4.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Oh come on, now you're giving them ideas!!!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Basset Walker

Basset Walker Member

I agree. Love that cat!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Plot armor spreads just as quickly as the walker virus! :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

What is it with FTWD and not RUNNING from the god damn hordes? What happended?

And yes, the whole "We want to help" thing is pretty damn naive. And Morgan even KNOWS about Negan and the Saviours. What stops it from happening here? Alicia and Strand knows of Proctor John. Two factions literally strong enough to hold on to more territory than they ever potentially can hold on to as it is right now in their little hobo industrial plant with endless bounties for the poor and lost souls of the post apoc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The series would be more interesting and realistic if you had people in the group that had some disagreement with Morgan's worldview. You could have John and June in his camp but people like Alicia and Strand showing more skepticism. Al could just be more of an independent person with her own goals. Dwight should also be someone who is against the whole help the world thing after dealing with Negan.

It's like the writers decide on a plot and then all the characters fall in line with the goal of the story. But that's not how people operate. They might fall in line if you threaten them with violence in a Negan or Governor type of way, but in a freer community people aren't just going to rubberstamp everything Morgan proposes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

You are spot on, the main show used to be much more keen on showing the differences in mindset, but now its like a poorly written video game where everyone just follows the leader of a team cause its a coop FPS or something.