Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rate it

Discussion in 'Episode 1103 - Hunted' started by Sharpie61, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I actually liked this episode. It was pretty edgy, and you didn’t know when the Reapers were going to appear.
    I liked how Maggie had to rely on Negan saving her. (More than once), even though he was going to let her die in episode 1
    And Gabe. He’s becoming cold hearted.
    Carol and the horse and that whole adventure. In the end, all she needed was a hug.
    9 1/2 but because I think what’s hiding in the shadows is scarier than seeing guts falling out.

The truth is out there

2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty good too. I was on the edge of my seat in the beginning cause it was like the Reapers are practically a mix of friggin’ ninjas and suicide bombers. Maybe they’re religious nut jobs cause that one wounded reaper was so relieved to find Fr. Gabe was there with him in the end although I don’t think Gabe gave him what he expected. I was thrilled that Maggie, Negan, Gabe and maybe? Alden made it through ok. but Maggie and Negan are gonna have to bury the hatchet, and not in each other if they want to survive. This should be good, like a ZA version of The Defiant Ones (1958 movie with Tony Curtis and Sidney Poitier).

What I find particularly welcoming with these new episodes is the fact that they’re given us some happy moments along with bad, tension filled ones. The kids playing cards like kids used to do. They’re all getting so big. The women corralling the horses and bringing them back. I felt bad Carol had to slaughter one to feed everyone but at least they had a slight reprieve from their precarious situation. It was a big horse. I hope they can stretch the meat for a while.

I’d give it an 8 out of ten cause I don’t like how these new terrorists are so skilled, taking out so many of our people. Doesn’t seem like they would be that good, and getting away like Michael Meyers or something. Annnnnd I don’t like having to worry about Alden surviving in that church, but I have hope.

3. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I'd go with 8 too. I liked it but I liked the first two episodes more.

I liked it for the same reasons Sharpie and Purriwinkle did: the mix of horror with tranquil and intimate scenes. Kids play cards missing their mums, talking wisely. Carol getting a much needed hug. A bit of luck at last with the horses. The Maggie/Negan scenes. I also like that Alden is being nice again, and that Magna has finally dropped that bitchy part of her personality that was getting really quite annoying for me. I like her much better with the bitchy part just simmering under the surface. I liked the juxtaposition of the two story lines and appreciated how the title "hunted" came to be so sadly correct for the Alexandria story line too.
    I am beyond intrigued why these people after Maggie above all the others. They seem to be picking off all her people one by one and letting her get away - I don't think that's just Maggie being resourceful. I think they're playing cat and mouse with her. Also probably the soldiers have instructions to just capture her, and take her to this 'Pope' person, the suicide bomber guy mentioned in episode 10x17. "Pope has marked you" or some bs like that. And yes, given that their leader is called Pope and that reaper guy was so keen to have last rites, it seems like this could be some kind of religious sect. Gabe is interesting with his recent take on his own faith, but he's still wearing the collar.

So why only 8 then? Well, no Daryl??( Just kidding.) Whilst I was fully engrossed in the first two episodes, I got a little bored with watching Maggie on her own. I already know she's very resourceful. The most interesting thing about her right now is her conflict with Negan, so I'd rather have had more of that and less of her on her own. Further reductions were made for Gabe not interviewing the dying reaper before he finished him off, and the lost opportunity with Alden/Negan/Maggie to have a more interesting conversation. I would have loved to hear Alden weighing in on Negan and how things have changed, and people giving others second chances. Anyhow, I did very much enjoy the Negan/Maggie part. Maybe that deserves its own thread?
    I also agree with Purriwinkle on the almost supernatural skills of this new wonder troop - outshining even our guys, and their skills are now practically and art form.

All in all though, this season has been great so far.

4. BlackBird

Well, he's not dead yet, and it's been left very open, with certainly more Alden story coming. He's not doing too great. And they've not appeared to have attended to his wounds either. Hm. I hope he will make it, I like this S11 Alden reset to his once very likeable character.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

It is 8.5/10 to me.

I find it annoying that Maggie is so afraid of these reapers. A survivor at this stage like Maggie should not be so scared. ''They came at night and they killed'' is not enough for her to be so scared. This has to be bad writing.

I love the kids. Judith is certainly the most skillful fighter among the four. But she does not have road experience which Hershel Junior has. HJ has travelled with his mom along the roads enough. It is funny that he advised the other three about eating the horse meat when Judith is a little hesitant.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BlackBird

Not to mention apparently he's also eaten spiders! :eek:

7. Blueman

Yes!
    I remember watching Bear Grylls eating a live spider in one of his survival episodes.

Ok, found it here:-

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. BlackBird

9. purriwinkle

I need to refresh my memory but isn’t one of Maggie’s traveling companions, the one who wears a mask, an ex member of the Reapers? I think his name is Elijah. Fights like them, wears a mask. Makes himself scarce. Maybe she’s so afraid of this new group cause she has intel that Elijah has provided. Maybe he stays in the shadows cause he doesn’t want to end up like that poor soul tied to a pole with ‘Judas’ posted over his head.

As for Gabe not interrogating the wounded Reaper, maybe he was being cautious. When Maggie and Daryl attempted to do that at the end of season 10, the guy set off a grenade. Same happened when our guys got too close to the Reaper attacking Alden. Maybe Maggie has warned her people not to try to get info as they might get blown up.

As to following Maggie specifically? Maybe. Reaper in the stairwell could have killed Maggie easy before she knew he was there. Maybe he was only going to capture her. Of course that didn’t go as planned, thankfully. Could it be because she was able to get one of their former fighters to follow her?

Just thoughts. I’m waiting like everyone else to get more of a bead on this group myself.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BlackBird

That’s an interesting theory, you might be onto something! There’s certainly a story still to be told about Elijah.

And you’re right about the reasoning behind not interrogating a reaper, being super cautious makes sense. This Reaper storyline is really horrible. I just want it over. Too soon after the whisperers. I’m really done with maniac enemies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sharpie61

I didn’t think about Elijah being a reformed reaper. For his sake, I hope not, as we saw what they do to “traitors”. I hope he makes it out alive.

I did read some backstory about the reapers, that I won’t share here as it’s a bit spoilery, but I can see why they are ninja like.

The truth is out there

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blueman

Elijah is an ex-reaper. Maggie mentioned it either in Episode 1 or 2.
    The scene was quick but I think Elijah was captured during the chaos. I think, Maggie was attacked and fell and Elijah rushed up to help her but he himself was caught by some kind of rope trap and lifted up in the air. And his fate or whereabouts is not shown.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. purriwinkle

These were all great comments which led me to do some research as well. I now know why, direct from Kang’s mouth why the Reapers seem so deadly, and it’s a way scary answer.

@Blueman mentioned that Elijah was captured in the ambush but after reading a “professional” episode synopsis, something else was mentioned that hasn’t been brought up here….that Daryl was also captured! I must have missed that and now I’m really terrified! Gotta rewatch.

14. walkon

walkon Active Member

I really wanted to like this season as it is the last one.. . . . But . . . I've been pretty disappointed so far. I think it's because Maggie and Negan are my most disliked characters of the whole lot. I always thought that Maggie took alot away from Glenn's charactor. Negan? Well, no how, no way will I ever accept Glenn and Abraham 's killer. Nope, ain't gonna happen.
    I'm kinda stuck in7.0 for the season so far and hoping for a nice change.

15. walkon

walkon Active Member

I meant to say that I did enjoy the little kids. I enjoyed their banner back and forth.. . Cuter than little speckled pups, too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. walkon

walkon Active Member

Actually, horse meat isn't bad tasting. It's a bit sweeter than beef and barbeques up nicely. I only ate it once and didn't know it was horse meat then.
    I knew one ole timer told me to take a cast iron dutch oven, put in a nice horse rump roast, throw in some taters, carrots and slice onions on top. Then pour a couple jars of beef gravy over the whole thing a handful of seasoning, and bake @350 for 2 and a half hours.
    I never had the heart to take him up on any dinner offers after that.

And no, he said it doesn't taste like chicken. lol

17. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Sharpie61

If Kang mentioned Daryl’s predicament, then I don’t mind mentioning that he was taken captive, along with Dog.

I’m sure a lot of Daryl fans are going to enjoy the next episode, I was more like “meh” when I read the spoiler.
    I’ll keep quiet about the rest.

The truth is out there

19. BlackBird

As long as noone harms a greasy hair on my baby’s head, I will enjoy it. But somehow I don’t think they’ve kidnapped him just to share anecdotes about how’s the apocalypse been so far, mulling things over a couple of drinks. :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. purriwinkle

I actually didn’t hear about Daryl’s capture from Kang. Some sites do an episode recap and it must have been in the episode. Everything happened so fast though for me, that I failed to take note. Missed Elijah being snatched up as well.