Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rate season 4

Discussion in 'Episode 416 - … I Lose Myself' started by Sharpie61, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Morgan has to go so that he can be the connection between the two groups

Judith needs Charlie to help her bring out her inner Shane

Althea because at least one newb has to make the trip and she is the least annoying of the lot

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

No need for Morgan, just give 'em a map. No need for Charlie, at all. No need for Althea, she comes with a lot of battery nonsense.

Least annoying? What about J&J? They are the only ones I'd keep. :)

3. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Too much humming and drumming.

I too feel that now that the original director(s) and whoever all quit or got fired and there's a new cast making the show, that everything's changed... And it may not be for the worse but I had to come to grow to love the last bunch of producer's mindsets and now all that is gone and there's this whole new thing and I get really tired of it, I know they're trying their best but it's just not good enough because I also feel betrayed... What happens, if I get to really liking the show, do these guys quit too?

That's highly disappointing to me, like wth?
    Seriously?

It's the same way on Walking Dead, that bunch has quit a few times over since the start. What happens, what is with these people, why do they stop caring, have they no sense of commitment?

#23 8307c4, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's a little early to tell but I think John and June are better characters when they are apart from one another. For some reason the writers of both series have a bit of a problem with characters in relationships.

5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am NOT a fan of the John Dorie character. Always yammering on about faith, hope and love. I realize that is almost sacrilegious 'round these parts but it is what it is.

June/Naomi/MarySue "eh" can take or leave her as long as she is not pining away about the aforementioned Mr. Dorie

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind Dorie if he came along with subtitles.

Put him and Daryl in a room together and see which one speaks an audible sentence first.

• Funny Funny x 6
  7. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

To be honest though, I hope they don't merge.

Before Fear S4, everyone involved in the shows used to say "there will never be any crossover, they're both distinct shows and separate." Now Morgan's in Fear and potentially leading them to Alexandria.

Why not just stick with the original concept? Give Alicia and the others a conclusion, and start a new spinoff if you must. What does this franchise have against ENDINGS?!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

This has been one of my biggest complaints about the whole franchise, they just can't wrap up things. They should have planned an ending for Rick/Carl's story on the TWD side. It would have improved the writing a bit too because you have an endpoint, and everything you do is to get there. Instead they've been meandering along and recycling old plots and conflicts with destination unknown.

If you're running a series you have to also realize that actors aren't going to stay on for 10 or 12 years, particularly when you have no clue where the story is headed.

9. StaceFace

StaceFace Member

Bit late to the party here. Just finished S4 FTWD. I didn’t watch in 2 parts so I can’t really rate it one side v. the other. However as a whole I think this season was just a filler. No real story line. All new characters with minimal personality – interesting originals being killed off and no real explanation. I've never been real keen on Morgan in TWD and now his character just annoyed me even more in FTWD. Pacing back and forth between in coversations, second guessing everything. All this lose someone lose myself crap has been going on now since his returned in S6 TWD I believe? Possibly S3 when we learnt that Dwayne had died? And he really needs to make his peace with it and nip it in the bud. People are going to die regardless! IT’S THE APOLOCLYPSE!

There wasn’t much closure on Maddi so I'm guessing the writers are leaving that open for a potential return. I was genuinely shocked by Nick’s death, but more shocked that Alicia is now practically raising/nurturing Charlie after everything she had done.

I like John’s and June’s characters – but separately. I don’t really feel the relationship.

Althea seemed pretty badass when she first rolled up and saved Morgan and John but that seemed to fizzle out from time to time, unless someone touched her precious van.

Strand is just strand. A drunk with some charm. Still can't trust him since the beginning, yet one of my favourite characters?o_O

Overall, there hasn’t been any character development (at a push Alicia with her trying to be more like her Mum), characters brought in for no real reason than to pull Morgan into the show, the most pathetic villain you could find (an old lady with no resources but a cattle prod), and a promise to a safe land that gets pulled from under them at the very end – BY THE PERSON THAT SUGGESTED IT!
    6/10 and thats being generous (and because we lost Nick :()

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1