Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rate That Damn Boat!!

Discussion in 'Episode 613 - The Same Boat' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 11, 2016.

?

Rate it or die!

1. 10

17 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. 9

19 vote(s)
    25.3%
  3. 8

17 vote(s)
    22.7%
  4. 7

11 vote(s)
    14.7%
  5. 6

5 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. 5

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I would have rather been out and about in a boat.

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  9. 2

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  10. Boat?? Try the f*cking Titanic!!!

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Rate it, like yesterday.

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Good episode. I decided to avoid spoilers for this episode, so I wasn't aware the entire thing was a Maggie/Carol bottle. I wasn't sure if I liked that as much as if they had jumped back and forth between them and Rick's group a bit more, but I still liked the episode.

I'm giving it an 8.6.

3. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

While I'm not a fan of this fog Carol is in, I was really happy to see Maggie step up and get shit done. Even though she was emotional when seeing Glenn and said she couldn't do it anymore, I know she can. I think she always will. I gave it an 8.

4. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

Also, can I just say that Glenn and Maggie have always been underrated and now that they're getting more time and attention I know that's a terrible thing for me as a fan. *sigh*

5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

A tense and frightening episode. Carol does what has to be done...even though it frightens her. Maggie does some killing and realizes she never wants to be in that situation again. Female Saviors earn their well deserved deaths. Caryl reunion! Negan has got some Spartacus influence going on with the Saviors!

A perfect 10!

6. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

8 only because a 10 is for a VERY awesome episode. This one did not disappoint at all and Melissa McBride is GREAT!!

7. teeta6404`

teeta6404` Member

9. Great acting, just enough action and the story kept moving along.

8. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

[MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION] Avoiding.....spoilers???? :zombies_shocked: Why would you do that to yourself?

I kid. Sort of. I'm giving it a 7. I thought the last ten minutes were incredibly intense, and I loved that the show really showed the impact those deaths had on Maggie and Carol (and go Maggie, by the way. Great to see her in an action sequence. I never really understood her as Deanna's secretary.) I liked the reunion scene, and the blood on the rosary looked awesome at the end. At the same time, there was a little too much navel contemplating throughout beginning for me. I'm not sure hardened killers like the Saviors, as pissed off as they were, would have been chatting with their captives. Alicia Witt's character asking Carol what she was afraid of got old, and I rolled my eyes at all her radio talk.

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Giving it an 8

Intense episode. Cool to have a female centric episode. Love the growth of Maggie this season.

I can't bring myself to give it a 9 because like [MENTION=26751]TheWalkingHorn[/MENTION] stated, I am not a fan of the Carol fog. I will just need some time to accept that Carol is changing yet again. Hoping that she avoids going full on Morgan and retains a degree of QBC

10. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

I liked the episode! Maggie was queen in this as Carol kicked butt too. Carol I believe was in a fog and I thought her change was fake but I soon realized it was all real. I loved the Daryl and Carol moment hadn't seen one since in awhile! I wonder if they made this episode because international women's day that was March 8th? But I give it an 8 out 10 too they could of switched it back to Rick and Co a bit more.

11. Intothemorgue

Intothemorgue Member

7/10 for me, little repetitive but the final portion was amazing! Plus seeing Carol set those saviors on fire reminded us of why we should fear Carol. Negan himself just might have something to fear....

12. LMT

LMT Member

My stomach was in knots throughout the episode. Fantastic (as usual) acting by Melissa. I gave it a 9.

13. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I gave it a 9. (10 means one of the very best shows of the entire series.) Was thinking about the "Carol fog"; I wonder if those 2 months of peace and quiet are largely responsible. People are referencing Morgan but I really don't think it was him. She began to feel some measure of safety and let herself actually enjoy life a little. In some ways, those 2 months did her a disservice, considering what's on the horizon. Damn, watching Maggie go cave-woman on Molls was something! It's like she and Carol did a mini-switch: Maggie's now the one who's all about the end game. I loved how female-centric this was; I also live for the day when such an episode won't be cause for comment b/c it'll be so common.

Finally, this episode featured one of my favorite elements: the way that these people know each other so well that they can play off of each other without speaking. Yes, in battles, obviously; but also in strategy and mental games. Maggie knew that Carol was playing a role right off the bat.

14. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Good episode but nothing that stood out...6.9

15. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

16. MegaMattMKV

MegaMattMKV Member

An eight for me, they've been playing it pretty safe recently so there was some tension, but no real worry that Carol or Maggie would go. Maggie getting her stomach slashed made me recoil a bit if only for the possible implication, though it actually won't happen.

I really like Carol's development and I'd like to see her new perspective with Morgan now that she seems to be falling closer to Morgan ideology wise than Rick.

17. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Another good episode. Really enjoying the back half of this season. The overall quality of the episodes hasn't been this consistent in a long time.

I didn't mind the bottle episode here because it felt like it was a natural outgrowth of the story and not forced on us like we had in 4B and 5A. We could have checked in with Rick's group once or twice, but it wasn't a big deal for me.

Carol's development doesn't bother me because once the adrenaline stopped pumping following the defeat of the Wolves and reclaiming Alexandria, it's only natural for everything that's happened since the prison fell to come crashing down on her. My only minor complaint is that once things got tough inside that building, and Maggie was in jeopardy, I thought she should have been more decisive about using force.

They're doing a great job of building to Negan's arrival.

18. hcopenhagenh

hcopenhagenh Active Member

One of my favorite episodes in the series. Very well acted and scripted.

The red head actress is HORRIBLE. I have seen her in things before and have to change the channel. Horrible actress.

19. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

I think the point of this episode was to highlight the disappearing line between "good" Rick and everybody else. Part of the problem with this episode was it failed to develop a connection with the Savior captors. There were a few character moments with Paula and Chelle talking about their backstory, but they were a little flat and I didn't really empathize with them like how Carol was supposed to. The writers wanted to make the viewer feel bad when they were all eventually wiped out towards the end, but I didn't feel anything. I am a bit confused why they fought amongst themselves a bit instead of portraying them as tight knit and similarly showing few differences with Rick + co.

Paula did highlight the aggressive "unprovoked" rampage by Rick and the the further blurring of who is "good." Rick's cold blooded casual execution of their Savior prisoner stamped that message home to the viewer.

There were good ideas but I don't think the execution was there.

20. tehwalkingdead

I gave it a 10.

As a stand alone episode, which allows me to rate it and forget that no one ever dies from the group any more, I appreciated the sheer brutality that the group showed. Burning people alive, the ice cold kill at the end, I liked it.

The only thing I didn't understand was why they didn't just pull the gags out of their mouths. Their hands were bound but not to the extent that they wouldnt have been able to at least try to pull the gags out.