Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rate The Damn Episode, Thank You Very Much!!

Discussion in 'Episode 603 - Thank You' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 23, 2015.

?

Rate The Damn Thing!

1. 10

22 vote(s)
    24.2%
  2. 9

27 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. 8

17 vote(s)
    18.7%
  4. 7

7 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. 6

6 vote(s)
    6.6%
  6. Glad I didn't Thaw My Shrimp for this.

5 vote(s)
    5.5%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. 3

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  9. What's this, Zombies Vs. Cockneys??

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  10. 1

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  1. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

I gave it a 3. I didn't care about the fate of a bunch of redshirts. ... though the girl with the bum ankle was fairly cute.

The Glenn "death" scene was a weird WTF moment. I'm not a fan either way of its outcome. It Glenn is dead, it's a very lame death. If he is alive, it was a gimmicky scene that was just jerking around the viewers.

2. Night's King

Night's King New Member

I gave it a 1. Horrible writing! Pointlessly broke up the group repeatedly. Maybe Daryl did something we don't know yet but otherwise what was the point a joyride? Same with Rick he ran to and drove an RV. Wolf character that took a gun and seemed to know Morgan got killed, so all the talk between Morgan and his small group was for nothing and stealing the gun did nothing so why bother wasting the film and plot!? Glenn and Nicholas never start a distraction. 1 kills himself and everything we thought the character could be and possibly killed a loved character at the same time in a way that shouldn't happen. Michonne forgets they are trying to be silent and makes a bunch of noise killing walkers that she knows how to kill quitely. Then they don't try to help the slower members and one falls within illegal smoking distance of the door they came out of. No one grabs the note for that one guys wife. Loved this show but starting to get worried. I figure next week will focus on the town or something else and we wont see Glenn maybe pull off some kind of miracle.

*EDIT*
    I could of gave it up to a 3 because the actors were great.

#22 Night's King, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  3. sheryden

sheryden Member

You know, I read some of the commentary last night and only watched the episode this morning. To be honest, I was kind of dreading it, but I need not have. It turned out to be a pretty solid episode. I gave it a 9.

4. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

All of the positive aspects taken into consideration, the above compilation of absurdity and stupidity make me agree with you on this one.

5. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

First 10/10 I've given it for ages.

6. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

I liked the episode, but it was weaker than ep 1 anc 2. Those 2 episodes moved the story onwards...once again Gimple slipping back in to the habit of going back in time again to replay the same timeline but with differing characters. It gets old.

Didn't like the Glenn thing at all tbh. I knew I wouldn't. He obviously is alive, they are ripping up Nicholas. But I find it very very very very very hard to believe the walkers would not rip in to Glenn's screaming/crying head protruding from under Nicholas silent corpse. Think of Noah when they grabbed his head and bit it etc. And then in the same universe Andrea died to Milton's single walker with 1 hand free.

Cop out tbh - hate to say it but the Glenn trick has really stifled my enthusiasm for the show atm. No one is safe? Yeah right. And let me guess, Morgan gets the Lucille scenario (predictable/cop out 2).Didn't they already do "Glenn miraculously survives a walker pile up but you don't know til later" trick in Conquer? This seems like a larger scale repeat only 3 episodes later. I thought Glenn surviving that ep 16 was bad enough.

Loved Michonne's parts however. And Rick's.

I usually rewatch parts of the newest episode over and over throughout the day.....no real feeling to this episode. Doubt I will the 90 min Morgan episode, not interested in him. And if ep 5 is mostly Daryl....eugh. See ya in episode 6 I guess.

#26 Benrai2k, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  7. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

gave it a 5 I love this show but it even made me start to get bored

8. taco_lips

taco_lips Member

i seem to be perpetually stuck in that part of the chart that says "why do i continue to watch this?"

rick's final moments were nicely done acting-wise, but i got exasperated yelling at him to close the dang door.

9. Xianling

Xianling New Member

confused, but still

this episode got me confused and emotional,:zombies_confused::zombies_shocked:,but still is the same walking dead show that always try and dare to do something new(sometimes in a harsh and bold way). So we will see what's will happen next. That's is why i vote 10/10 for the episode.:hatchet:

10. Mick Turpin

Mick Turpin Member

What a season so far! THIS is the show we knew was hidden in there, just frustrating that it's taken this long and sitting through some total rubish to get to this stage. Take a bow all involved in this season, incredible stuff

11. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I considered Glenn dead, but then after watching the Talking Dead they made it seem like they were hedging their bets a bit. We also know

Perhaps if he has a role moving forward it's in flashbacks or dreams and hallucinations that Maggie might have.

But if he's actually alive it's a Jump the Shark moment for the show. That phrase has been overused but it would apply here. There's no way someone could escape that walker herd, even if Nicholas fell on top of him as they dropped from the dumpster. Walkers tear into people and he's surrounded and on the ground.

So, like you I can't really rate the episode until I know the outcome. As it is, I'm a irritated with them for leaving the door open slightly. We have all joked about the "Beth is still alive" idiocy, but here they are purposely toying with the audience.

We're 6 years into the show and don't need cheesy stuff like that. Shane, Dale, Lori, Andrea and Hershel were all main characters and they died. It was done. It's enough suspense with the fate of the walker herd still out there that we don't need to be treated liked idiots. At this point they should have more respect for their audience than that.

12. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Even worse if they wait a few episodes before they reveal a cheesy escape. Next episode could be primarily a Morgan flashback episode for instance .

13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I agree, Andrew Lincoln can tell a story with his facial expressions alone. When he is unable to make contact with Glenn - ripped my heart open AGAIN. And then he finds the jar of baby food, cannot get the RV started, the herd is descending upon him and in that moment he realizes his chances of getting back are growing slimmer. The fear he exhibits in that moment of realization he may never see his kids again and/or are his kids alive, the lost look in his eye and an ever so slight tremble - heartwrenching!

14. Robert Kirkman

Well said. It was this moment that did it for me

[​IMG]

i can't even look at it as if it were an actor. i feel like im watching a real father worrying about his kids and it makes me uncomfortably sad

15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think we're looking at a Morgan flashback next. Then you have to figure we'll see the whole resolution to Rick with the RV and the remaining people returning to Alexandria. So you might not be looking until Episode 6 or beyond for that all to be resolved.

16. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I keep watching this and it becomes more and more heartbreaking. Thank you for the visual (of course I am always thankful for any Rick visual!)

18. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

The last two episodes have been so, like, totally amazing. The writing has been incredible; I've been kept entertained for the whole hour; likeable characters... wow. Big big thumbs up to the guys at AMC for this - I give it a 10.

19. RS92

RS92 Member

9. The best episode of the year so far for me..

20. HurricaneKid

HurricaneKid Member

Last week was one of my favorite episodes. 6.01 was outstanding as well. Bus if Glenn IS alive this will go down as one of the worst episodes of the entire series for me. Twisted ankle, ninja zombies, "You're going to make it back", car not starting, soooo many awful cliches in this episode.