Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rate the finale

Discussion in 'Episode 516 - End of the Line' started by Dnae, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I'm off the Fear train now too. I was so excited when Morgan was returning to TWD a few years back because the Season 3 Clear episode had been excellent and he was such a great character back then.

Now I don't care if he lives or dies in this sad parody of a show. Either they installed a cliffhanger to draw fans back, or they're unsure that Lennie James is going to return. Either way it doesn't matter anymore.

Imagine suffering through even a half season with the lamest group of villains we've ever seen in the Walking Dead universe. It's unbelievable that cowboy types in Texas would ever accept this cheesy rodeo clown woman as their leader.

The whole walker diversion was ridiculous and hard to figure out what the hell they were trying to accomplish. Grace was also thought to be sick at the time and Morgan takes her along on that dangerous mission. Brilliant.

Then we have all of these characters willingly submitting to this stupid group, and allowing themselves to be separated.

And let's not even get into them using their "free time" prior to entering their servitude to the Clown Cowboy Posse, by getting John and June married (only to be separated) and Alicia using it to paint. What great writing.

Terrible. By far these are the worst showrunners we've ever seen in the entire franchise.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

1. They would not. Not because she is a woman but because, as you said, she is nothing more than a cheesy rodeo clown. They would pat her on the head and send her on her merry way. Reminds me of last weekend in Portland OR. Was there for my daughters wedding and the groom's mother (they are from Portland) made a comment about the rain. Mind you the rain that she is speaking of in Texas terms was nothing more than a light wonderful all day rain shower. Anyway she stated that the rain was so bad on her drive home that it was like being in a hurricane. I looked at my ex-husband (who now lives in FL) and we just smiled at one another. I turned to her and said "awww you're cute". THAT is exactly what any Texan, be it man or woman, would have said to Annie Oakley as she tried to lead a group of outlaw wannabes

2. No woman in Texas would be caught dead wearing polyester pants tucked into boots. One, wearing polyester pant while riding a horse in Texas heat? Nope. Two, making pants look like gauchos? Nope. Any Texas woman would be wearing blue jeans, comfortable (real) boots, a cotton shirt and NOT a damn hat that is pinned upward on one side. And NOT a shirt that seems to be buttoned incorrectly.

3. And lets talk about those boots. No way in hell did she scavenge those from Cavender's Boot City. Looks more like she picked those from a clearance shelf at DSW Shoe Store.

[​IMG]

I know. I know. Now I am just being an ass about the whole thing. In my defense, I have thought this character was nothing more than a horrible caricature of how the hollywood types think Texans are to be represented. Michonne dresses more the part than this person. Hell, even Beth's boots from season 4 were more authentic than the ones this person is wearing. If they wanted to create the "Texas" woman than dammit do the research and get it right!

#22 Dnae, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

So that ending was supposed to be the big cliffhanger to get people back for 0601? Well, from I'm reading, most people don't give a rats ass if Morgan lives or dies and pretty much nobody thinks he will die. So, Pfffffttttttt.
    Worst part (IMO) - having to watch these idiots try to herd walkers like cattle for several minutes of hooting and whistling. Oh, yeah, and of course Alicia had to paint something. At least she graduated from trees to buildings.
    Best part of the finale - it's over and we get the real stuff back next week.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

If this woman had a brain (or if the others could remotely try to negotitiate wiht this larping cowboy Annie) they would let this group stay here and then do a Negan style "contribution" or tribute system. She could very much be a female version of a cowboy Negan.

She know they are pacifists. It is to bad they are all sold into indentured service now! But it be more sense to expand her domain, since she seemingly wanted the 200 people living there before. So put these 40 morons in the place and let them grow a community that pays tribute to her while she "Protects" it. She makes Negan look like a genius.

They had a plan, what where they gonna do? Swarm her with walkers, have them kill her and her men could have happended, or have them fight em and shoot em up and then run up on horses, demanding thigns? So the hrest of her 800 man community would come out there and kill em all? The plan was stupid, the horde of walkers was inconsistent too.

Hell, this woman, is just plain an asshole. There is nothing redeeming about her and she has this ondd vibe or aura of crazy. Why the hell is she acting like this? Why are the treatening everyone like they had to capture them violently? They literally joined her community and the first thing they do is treat them like war criminals captured at the end of a war and seperating them...EFFECTIVELY THEY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO WORK TOGEHTER AND SHE SHOULD FILM IT TO BE ALL "LOOK AT OUR TWO GROUPS UNIFIED, WE SAVED EN! THE HAPPY HUSBAND AND HIS WIFE, THE MAN WITH HIS CAT, THE REDEEMED THIEF, THE PREGNANT WOMAN, THE CHILDREN. THE LADY PAINTER AND HER NEW BOYFRIEND: ALL GUUD, YEEHAW!" But no. Propaganda victory is not what this dumb "villianous" community is after.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Bah ha ha ha, YES the hooting. I forgot about the hooting. I rolled my eyes.

6. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I LOVED the hooting. :) I started singing the Rawhide theme song.

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Ok... well, let's consider the stupid stuff that got us here:

- They get to their little paradise, see the zombies, declare the task impossible.
    - They conclude there is no water around so they won't be able to survive there.
    - They describe the 20 minutes walk they had to do to get there (with a dying lady that was just in and out of a coma) an impossible trip back (without said water).
    - They take the unanimous stupid decision to call lady Lucifer with only one soul going against it.

Now, if we forget about that and consider it part of the previous one, I kind of enjoyed the final episode. Of course, if you don't forget about that, the whole thing makes no sense once again (they clear the place from all zombies without a sweat ; Dwight not only makes the impossible trip back (almost died from the heat it seems), but comes back to announce that since there's horses there must be water (so, he still didn't get to the water and hasn't drank yet but now looks fresh), and goes back again to lead the zombies (they really weren't that thirsty) ; there is indeed a big ass river just a few minutes away that they sure would have known about ; etc.)

Still, I liked that there was somewhat of a "plan" (and I would have liked them to make the "hard call" and put Luciana at risk), I liked that the zombies got to be a threat, I liked that Strand got back to being the asshole he always was (telling lady Lucifer about the plan - I would have liked Daniel to lose it when he got separated from his cat so we can have a glimpse of him going back to his old self too), and I liked that they got me feeling uncomfortable when it got clear that Morgan wasn't winning that duel (didn't happen since Nick's death).

Anybody knows what's Lennie James' contract status? The ending seemed written to avoid an impass.

I'll give the episode a 5.5/10

#27 NakedCity, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Ending it on a cliffhanger is the WTF moment.

Some might say the "death" of Morgan but we all know *wink wink* he will be snatched from the jaws of death at the last minute.

9. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

So I may be one of just a few that return here next season? I've got to see it through. I don't know why. I'm pretty sure they lost my husband last night. When it ended, he motioned at the screen in exasperation and said... See. This sucks. I'm just happy it's over.
    Someone else is around and will help Morgan...unless he decides he wants out of the show. I just hope it isn't the damn helicopter people.
    Maybe they heard Morgan on the radio and some of them jump off the back of a truck and leg it back to him?
    I was seeing signs of the old Strand, but maybe his intention really is to fight from the inside. It seemed like their only chance at that point.
    Why did she seemed surprised when Morgan told them where they were? I thought she was always watching and they said themselves that it's the only thing out there for miles and miles. She's got the same maps and obviously visited that place before.
    And the plan with the herd?! That was stupid and confusing.
    Disappointing end to a disappointing season.
    They'd probably get more people to tune in next season if they promised to show Gimple and the other two idiots being strapped onto a rocket and then shooting them into space.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. NakedCity

You and me, baby!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Who knows if time will scab over all wounds (they are far too deep to heal though).

I mean it may end up being that we cannot look away from the train wreck LMAO!!

Time will tell.

I do know that even if I do not watch (which today that is my intent) I will visit the FTWD threads just to stay in touch with you guys and to offer my bits of sarcasm here and there ;)

Oh I would come back just to see that!!!

Plus I can't let you have ALL of that stud @NakedCity to yourself now can I ???? :cool::D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. NakedCity

Now I know it's an example of the sarcasm you were just refering to, but I thank you still. Much love to you, lovely lady.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stealth

I think they did the whole herding of the walkers because these amateur showrunners wanted to recreate TWD's Season 1 scene with Rick's horse.

It's really sad what's happened to Morgan's character. Gimple began to make him tiresome during his last season or so on TWD. But this has been a whole new level of character destruction. Even if they brought in new showrunners I couldn't ever look at the Morgan character the same again. It's ruined.

They can't even get the Morgan and Grace relationship right. Now she's pregnant by someone else, which is like taking a page out of TWD's Rosita story. It's unecessary and just makes their whole potential relationship awkward

And Alicia now is like a ghost of the character she once was.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stealth

I'm at 90% now that I won't watch. The 10% is only if they dump the showrunners and promise big changes.

Otherwise the general outline of next season will be the members of the group scattered, with the enthralling repeat of the angst of John and June being separated.

Morgan will be saved by Sherry and then those two will work from the outside to save the others. Eventually they'll reunite, either by the midseason break or the back half. Then a new lame element will be added in. Perhaps it'll be the helicopter group.

16. NakedCity

Looks a lot better than what we've had the last 2 years!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lindigo

I'll keep watching. I don't think they can do anything to drive me away. Some things I watch are on their last season. I just counted; my DVR will have "only" 14 scripted drama or comedy shows left to record after this season, unless some brand new shows turn up and interest me.

• Like Like x 1
  18. bda1973

bda1973 New Member

Even the horse was ****ing stupid..come on the horse is just going to stand there sltonget surrounded..dwight just needed to say giddyup horse...smh

They really brought this show down to a level that is close to Black Summer

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

14!?! How on Earth have you stumbled upon that many series to garner that much commitment?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Lindigo

I'm retired, so I can watch them whenever. And they are spread out pretty evenly throughout the week. Sometimes I actually wish I had something to watch.