Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Rate the MS Finale

Discussion in 'Episode 307/308 - The Unveiling/Children of Wrath' started by Dnae, Jul 10, 2017.

?

Rate the episode/s

1. 5 Stars - Perfection

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. 4 Stars - Damn close to perfection

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. 3 Stars - A great episode/s but with a few glaring missteps

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. 2 Stars - Smeh, it was alright but nothing worth sending smoke signals to my friends

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 Stars - simply put......ugh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Eight episodes of season 3 and what a ride it has been.

We are doing the 5 star rating system once again.

Offer up your opinion, give your rating and don't forget to record your rating on the poll.

Remember....Sunday September 10 is the return date for Fear's Mid Season Premier!!

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Last night, caught up in the euphoria of an excellent MSF, I was ready to offer up the perfect score.

But after sleeping on it for a bit I realize that perfection might be a bit of a stretch.

1. I really did not care for the Russian astronaut bit. I just wonder what a more realistic way to clue one of our survivors in on the fact that the epidemic was world wide and not just continental might have been. I am coming up short, not as though there is an epidemics I love chat room for Strand to log into. So I will shave just a wee bit off for this moment. EDIT: While I was typing it came to me that maybe a better way would have been for Strand to stumble upon a looped broadcast, one that was playing over and over, alerting anyone that indeed the it was a global pandemic. Like the french woman's radio loop in Lost!

2. Wish that the transition from Ofelia being at the Black Hat truck stop to Ofelia being used as a trojan horse would have felt "smoother". It was jarring and just too obvious that this was in fact a ploy on the part of the Nation.

3. The poisoning bit might have played a bit more realistic if another type of poison were claimed as being used. I don't know...make something up. Make up an indigenous plant that if the sap from said plant were ingested then death might be a side effect for some.

But really, overall it still receives a resounding 4.7 from me. Maybe I should have put 4.5 stars as an option LOL.

I give it a 4 per the poll....but really I give it a 4.7!

3. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I agree with your flaws in the episode but I still give it 5. It was too good. The season as a whole is 4.7 and that's just the first half. I really loving where this is going and cannot wait for the return

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

You know, I just keep going back and forth back and forth LOL. I agree with you in that it was such a damn good finale.
    When you have a minute read the interview with Dave Erickson that I posted. He gives some pretty good insight as to where the second half of the season will be taking us

5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

FIVE!!! No quibbles. Perfection.

I loved the cosmonaut conversation. I just wish he could push buttons to initiate a splash down. His own electrical system is fine. I guess he was waiting for a shuttle.

That's my favorite FTWD moment of all time. I loved when they were tossing quotes back and forth--two people, both in such improbable circumstances, making that instant connection.

The closing song!!

When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see....

and the drum beat behind it. Chills. Perfection.

I'm sorry the Abigail was torched, but that was a beautiful capture of the fire in Strand's glasses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

As a European it was really cool to see another fellow European (The Russian) but it was bit sad it was just a space station so he did not know much. I thought at first it was the Mexican with the bike singing on radio.

But I liked the season but the episode was just a 3. Half season, I hope the next is better but I fear not.

A way for Strand to learn about the global apocalypse could be finding Chinese refugees who fled over the ocean or maybe even the Cosmonaut landing in the US....I read somewhere that the ship/station he was stationed on has an emergency break out pod for scaping situations like this.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Yes i saw that post at the end of my break and plan on reading later today. I think we discussed once before about how good he is at interviews as apossed to gimple who dances alot

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I wish I could like the cosmonaut/strand bit, but I agree about the quotes...that was a nice touch of two people just having a conversation

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I gave it a 5 since it was so good but the Ophelia transition thing was really rushed. I actually thought there was an error with continuity on they decided to film the scenes since it was so unrealistic to me how it played out.

The pacing of Madison dragging Ophelia back with a gun to her head and nick waking up is incredibly good, there's absolutely no bullshit scenes.

I liked the strand cosmonaut thing a lot because it was a touching realization for his character, even if it's impossible to get radio signals from outer space with a weak boat radio antenna. The flames in the sunglasses was also hilariously entertaining. One does have to wonder if someone dies in space do they turn?

10. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I'm going with a 4.5

I really didn't like the anthrax poisoning. That whole thing was unbelievable, and Nick surviving so quickly.
    I also didn't care for the Russian cosmonaut chat. Not because he was in space, but because the boat radio would not pick up that kind of transmission.

Overall. I did like it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. walkon

walkon Active Member

I had a bit of trouble reconciling the Madison of the first episode with her told past in this episode. Nick's hair cut saved the day. I gave it a 3.

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Laughing about Nick's haircut saving the day