Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Realistic Actions are not Lazy Writing.

Discussion in 'Episode 405 - Internment' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Porfivor Nixon

Put in those terms by posters, I can understand how they feel the show has changed. Yes, season one was different. Perhaps it helped that they were "on the run" for most of the season. Things have settled into a more or less predictable "formula." we know new members are being added just for "zombie bait," that was something that was absent in the first season because we didn't know what to expect.

2. rustybag

rustybag Member

That would make sense too. Do you think that's the main reason, though, or do you think they were also trying to maybe "mainstream" the show & make it more appealing to a wider audience?

You know what I realized it mostly is for me, is in the first season, the plot revolved around how it would actually be & situations people would really be in if something like this happened (the traffic jams, the lack of food & supplies, the interpersonal conflicts, the random walker invasions). When it "changed", they started to ignore the things that would actually be happening, and in it's place are sensational plots (the governor, the shoot outs, the banishing of carol, main characters on the brink of death & somehow pulling through, etc). I didn't start watching this show until season 3 was well under way, never thinking I'd like a zombie show, but it was suggested to me so I gave it a chance. I started with season 1 on Netflix and got completely hooked. It's okay now, but I prefer how it was written before. Most likely the original director could have thought of plots that would not have required huge amounts of money, but that could have kept the show more "real". But lots of people seem to like this season & the high action, so maybe I am in the minority.

#82 rustybag, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Blech. All Starbuck's coffee tastes like it's burnt.

4. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

You're missing the point. We realize humans are capable of being fallible, especially in times of chaos. But weak and sophomoric writing are no substitutes for the artful means of segueing from one clever scene to another ...albeit the show still holds many wonderful qualities and I for one remain a humble fan.

5. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

I do believe there are moments that can be considered lazy writing (don't have a particular scene in mind to be honest) but in this season? I completely agree with you on this one. These mistakes are what makes them human.

6. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

I agree with you. I thought S1 had a really different vibe to it. I liked how the group was doing their best trying to survive and having a hard time coping. Right now, it's not easier for them (or more like it shouldn't be) but the show is so focused on stories like with The Governor, I feel like they are making it look relatively easy.