Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Really Rick? Leave Carol search to traitor Morgan?

Discussion in 'Episode 615 - East' started by AnnieOakley, Mar 27, 2016.

1. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

What the hell is going on with the writing here? Are they all high?

Rick is completely in the right, but fails to stand up to Morgan.

Then responds to a Morgan line of BS with that tail-between-the-legs look, and abandons the search for Carol to the guy who just confessed to keeping a wolf. And still claiming all life is precious?

What in the ever-loving sh*t is the writer's room poisoned with to make our lead character also infected with the upside-down Morgan nonsense, and leave him out there to get her killed if faced with mortal danger?

I can't even do this. It's so stupid.

2. AAG331

AAG331 Member

How is Morgan a "traitor"?

3. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Because people like to overdramaticize their bitching.

4. AAG331

AAG331 Member

I think Rick's stood up to Morgan a LOT of times before this as well.

5. asdf

asdf Member

I thought Rick was going to pull a gun on Morgan. It doesn't surprise me anymore. Neither agree or disagree. Just a ends justify the means kind of deal now for Rick.

6. AAG331

AAG331 Member

And it's completely understandable considering what he's been through constantly.

7. asdf

asdf Member

But with the history they had since season 1, that should grandfather Morgan for a pass, I guess, as with say a Daryl or a Carol.

8. Mello

Mello Member

I think Morgan confessing to keeping the wolf shows his loyalty, so the whole entire traitor gig is insane. There's also this special bond between Morgan and Rick imo. It may not be as clear as day and they haven't always been together, but since they've had each other's back since episode one along with many other things I don't see why Rick wouldn't trust Morgan. Maybe it's just me. I can't really explain it.

9. HondaS2kXD

Traitor Morgan??? Is this going to become a Bitch Carol sort of thing?

10. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Nah, I feel what your sayin' homie. Morgan and Rick are like wet on water, they just don't realize it yet.

• Like Like x 1
  11. zero7starz

zero7starz Member

I disagree. Morgan going after Carol is perfect. Morgan more than anybody else in the group understands were Carol is at right now and understands how she feels. He's probably the only one right now that understands how she feels. And if anybody is going to reach Carol and bring her back to the group and her family it's going to be Morgan.

They did this to run a parallel between Carol and Morgan, and Morgan and Eastman, Eastwood whatever that guys name was in that annoying 90 minute episode we had.

12. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Asshole Traitor Morgan!

13. HondaS2kXD

Asshole Traitor Pacifist Rafiki Morgan

14. LadyGrimes

Asshole Traitor Pacifist Rafiki Obi-wan Morgan! Don't make me rerir!

15. HondaS2kXD

Mr. Kenobi is a good analogy but the staff is more akin to Maul's dual saber.

Asshole traitor pacifist Rafiki Maul-Kenobi Morgan.

16. LadyGrimes

Now all we need is someone to explain the because.

17. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Nah, this is garbage writing and even with this garbage writing you are incorrect. We don't even know what Carol is doing but she just wasted 4 Saviors, Morgan would have just led the entire Savior platoon back to ASZ for a wholesale slaughter of his own community... but it'd be all okay in the eyes of some because his intentions would be to divert the war via "talking". If the intentions are good then the results don't matter, just the intentions... which we can rehash the discussion of his previous "intentions".

I don't know what's going on with Carol, they'll of course clarify and it'll of course be completely stupid judging from what we're seeing currently.

And AnnieOakley is 1000% correct. I was sincerely hoping that they'd do this Morgan arc justice and have Rick put a cap in his dome upon the admittance of his keeping the captive Wolf. Rick already knew that he allowed the 5 to go that disabled the RV and therefore brought the herd onto ASZ, which led to the deaths of Deanna, his then girlfriend and to his son losing his eye - among others.

Ignoring what that mother ****er did is cracked out writing, but it's peculiar that he's given a pass by people here. The Morgan the pacifist non-killer arc and opposing moral force would only work if he didn't cause mayhem and put his own nonsense over the safety of his companions, proving him to be the utmost internal liability.

I predict that at the very least he will contribute to the Saviors killing more of the ASZ residents, compiling his unintentional body count even higher than it already is from the previous set of disasters.

18. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

I as well would never buy into hardened survivors allowing an unrealistic, deluded extremist like Morgan, who's ways have absolutely no use in the reality they exist in, getting into any of their heads.

Especially not Carol.

I have been enjoying the build up the Saviors war and have enjoyed the combat sequences flaws and all, I've enjoyed the group overall and their character evolution but this Morgan/Carol deal is a very bad mark on an otherwise enjoyable season. They could have written in both a moral character that speaks against unnecessary killing, or what attributes to unnecessary killing in his own eyes at least and was not a ****ing catastrophic presence to their existence and they could have written in Carol having emotional and mental cracks under stress without having her take an unrealistic route and doing stupid non-Carol like illogical emotional nonsense like leaving knowing that her family members would endanger themselves chasing after her. This is all potently stupid considering that the Saviors are out there and they are anticipating more skirmishes, Carol has been portrayed far smarter than that and an amazing tactician who's steps ahead of far dumber humans.

Melissa McBride to her credit is amazing on screen. So is Lennie James for that matter. No blame on their fantastic portrayals of said **** up character evolution.

People complain about Daryl chasing after Dwight out of rage, when that's actually in his character he's always been a hot head and it wouldn't be only over Denise, but over anger at himself for not ending the piece of garbage like he should have when he had the chance and the insult that Dwight threw at him in that skirmish.

That's realistic. That's fine. Daryl is tough and a survivor and a great fighter, knows how to track and live off the land, etc etc

Never been super smart. Neither has Rick for that matter, Rick isn't dumb but he's no genius.

Carol was portrayed after her coming out of her little shell to be extremely smart, not emotional and very tactically ahead of the game.

Morgan was portrayed in the first half of this season as a traitorous mentally defective lunatic/internal hazard to everyone's ****ing health.

I guess everyone has forgotten the preceding story lines and details.

#18 Ionut, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  19. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I found it odd for Rick to not keep looking. They believe they are following a wounded Carol who had been bleeding for some time. It would be important to find her quickly if they are to help her survive.

20. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Indeed. That's also stupid on their part. Again Rick is not a genius, but he's not a retard and allowing Morgan to go try and locate a long time companion that you believe is injured or dead after he admitted that he additionally harbored an internal threat in your community after causing all of that with his defective ways is about as dumb as it gets.

The next step down in dumbassery would be laying down and taking a nap in an open field with full knowledge that animated corpses that want to eat you are waltzing around in the area and the enemy is patrolling. While we're at it we should just eschew using guns and knives and all walk around with home made wooden sage sticks.

We're on track to living in the ZA for a long time.