Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Reasons for a divorce

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by IncognitoForever, Jan 11, 2015.

?

common causes for divorce

1. financial

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. boredom

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. infedility

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. physical/substance abuse

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  5. other

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  6. grew apart

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

what if we just say peen??

2. TheWalkingHorn

3. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

eat your vaggies!

4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Also, the proper words are victor-alpha-golf. ;)
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_phonetic_alphabet

5. TheWalkingHorn

6. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Well, I'll put it like this... From now on whenever Galileo comes up in conversation, I'll think of him not as an astronomer but as a ventriloquist astronaut.

7. TheWalkingHorn

As you should, Nate. As you should.

8. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

Dude! When my wife and I started dating, it was like 2 or 3 weeks in that full fart freedom took place. She was cool with it. That's when I knew, we might have a future together.

Funny thing is our 3 month old has gas all the time, when I hold him or he is sitting next to me on the couch, he'll fart, and she has to ask which one did it. Not kidding, his farts sound exactly like mine.

Wow, this started as a divorce thread :zombies_lol:

9. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

That's it. I'm never dating again. At the moment, the only strange farts I have to put up with are the dog's.

10. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

oh, don't worry it will still be a dogs fault, the dog you married! lol

11. Still_Alive

Still_Alive Well-Known Member

Dogs fart only because they want to tell you how much they enjoy your company

but can't find the right words...

12. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

But I thought that's why men fart. :zombies_confused:

13. Still_Alive

No. Actually, guys just do it. Never feel the need to explain why :) And they're even less complicated than dogs so forcing them to think about is so hard for them that their only answer would be yet another fart.

14. Dreet

Dreet Well-Known Member

Guys that fart just to be funny to his gf/wife will probably get a sucker punch to the arm or get flicked in the ear. For example I would be beyond pissed if in the car and he locks the windows and let's one rip. Gross!

I may be tomboyish but I would never let my future hubby or even a bf hear my farts. The gas in me are quite modest and will be contained and never escape. In fact I don't even do #2 because my rear end is much too fancy. Everything I eat magically gets digested and release like potent, fragrant vapors that smell like honeydew and lilac flowers because I am that special and good. No need to go across the meadows.

15. Dreet

Dreet Well-Known Member

Potential reasons why a couple would get a divorce:

Option 7) farting too much
    Option 8) not farting enough

People please don't be lame and find ridiculous reasons to divorce.

16. Still_Alive

Don't take my statement too seriously :) I just like to fool around... sometimes :)

17. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

18. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

It drives me crazy that people (like my in-laws) use religion as a guilt trip, into staying in a troubled marriage. They say, "You just don't give up! This is a commitment you made before God. Everyone would be divorced if we gave up b/c of your petty reasons."

So, I'm an infidel, a weakling and a self-centered person.

19. IncognitoForever

IncognitoForever Active Member

It can be a bit infuriating, I know those types of religious folks too. If one is going to start touting on what others should do and not do because their religion says so, then it does begin to sound like some mind controlled cult where there is no way out other than risk banishment, or stage some rebellion.

Yet I'm going to share something that I hope will not deter anyone's personal view and opinion on this topic but more so shed some light on those who are still searching for that perfect "love" and even breed a lil bit of envy in some of us to know that there are others who have been able to maintain a marriage for more than 50+ yrs. I use to be a hospice companion and volunteer for the senior citizens at one of the nursing homes and one elderly couple who I've gotten to know was the charmingest and the kindest and the sweetest. The man was a former WWII Vet who married his high school sweetheart before getting shipped out, with fear that he may never return, but also promised her that when and if he does, he will buy her a nice ranch out in the country where she can plant strawberries, pumpkins, tomatoes and everything and anything good on God's green earth.

So 3 yrs later he was discharged and able to return after an injury to his left calf, now had to walk with the assist of a cane. His pensions from the military came and he was able to get a country house instead with a barn for his sweetheart. They went on to have 4 kids, 3 sons and 1 daughter. She worked as a seamstress for a local leather and fur company while he farmed and raised and sold livestock (mainly pigs). They lived in their country farm house for over 40 yrs until his wife came down with COPD and couldn't help maintain the house anymore after she retired. His eyesight started to go bad too. Their grown children were off living in other cities in other parts of the state and had their own homes, so they deeded their property to their youngest son, as he can do whatever he wanted with it. They both went to live in the nursing home, the size of a studio apartment, with their bedroom and bathroom just off on opposite ends down the lil hallway.

The wife had difficulty talking as she had COPD but was quite animated when she wanted to communicate and always eager to hold your hand when you came into the room. Her husband had so much stories of his war days. He was basically like a grandpa who doted and cracked jokes and always made sure you were in good spirits.

They celebrated their 61st anniversary back in 2003. He outlived his wife and she passed in 2004 at 79 while he went on a few more years and took his last breath in the fall, November of 2006 at 84. When he was still alive, he still remained hopeful and positivr that although his sweetheart had left him first, she went to become one of God's angels who will watch over him until he joins her in their new country house up in the heavens.

When I talk to senior citizens it's stories like these that makes me want to cherish life and love a lil bit more, take nothing for granted, be kind to others, and appreciate that person who you will call your spouse. Unfortunately for many of us modern ones, some of us may have to go through several spouses to finally find that "one".

I look at my own folks and they are going on 38 yrs and they are only in their mid to late 50s. No marriage is ever perfect and even if they should contemplate divorce one day (knock on wood) us grown children won't allow of it either. Lol. Funny how it's the kids that object to a divorce.

In conclusion I believe others will use their religion to keep the sanctions of marriage but life and the universe is ever changing, and despite cruelties and hardships, life has a way of mending and fixing itself too. I'm just an optimistic in that sort of way so what I believe may not always ring true for others.

But thanks for reading [MENTION=8839]Prufrock[/MENTION] I know this was one longarse response back to you =P

20. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Not to mention the emotional security. I can't imagine having the last 20 years go by and never knowing if my husband was going to decide that that was the day it was over and just walk out. At least with a marriage, if that day ever comes you can make it as long and painful as you want ;) LOL!